How many use wand glides

Greenie

I could tell ya, most of the guys who buy our stuff but don't buy glides, are "wand scrubbers", they actually prefer the tactile communication of carpet to operator, they think that manual action provides sufficent aggitation.

I just think it's a case of young testosterone in action, in 10 years they will rethink all this.

Mikey, i have tried one for a day, i noticed wanding was much easier but a loss of lift. maybe i didnt have the teflon positioned properly, i dont know. i just dont think teflon is better most of the time. i think there is a crutial few moments when the solution is entering the wand from the carpet that is reduced by the teflon. i have read much of the hype on better dry times and well, i just dont believe it, as much as i would like to. nothing personal Greenie and Lisa. i am close to 20 years in the biz. also i have never used a 14' wand . i do use the prochem quad jet for about 10 years. maybe one day i will come aboard. also up in toronto i have spoken with few a cleaners, not 1 have i heard a positive thing for teflon, other than 2 salesmen trying to sell me one. on the boards very few have anything negative to say about them

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I had my machined Kunkled a week before I got my glide. With the combo I did notice a BIG improvement in dry times.

I never had a loss of lift what I did notice though was more airflow.

I used a Prochem 4 jet as well with a holed glide. I could definitely hear a difference. Wasn't used to hearing a vac leak while wanding. Took some getting used to. Performance did improve.

After using the glide for about two weeks I started to agitate my pre conditioner with a Taski floor machine and a shampoo brush. Not the ideal set-up (wish I would of had a Cimex) but an improvement none-the-less.

I'd give one another try Kevin.

Have a question as well for you. Was it one of Greenies glides or Ken's?

Not trying to start anything, but I've used both.

Greenies glide is machined way better and has a much better fit. You don't want too much leak with your glide.

I was first introduced into the glide world by Ken so when I made the switch to a Greenglide I was very impressed with the difference in fit quality and overall product performance.

There is only one glide out there. It's not Canadian nor is it banana yellow.
It's green....well maybe not literally :)

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
After about 7 years of cleaning I finally bought a G-glide. Ive been using it for a month or so and 2 things I've noticed: when I'm done with a job my shirt is MUCH dryer than without a glide. (Not that I don't enjoy a good workout slinging an un glided wand - no I'm serious I really do) But even with a slot glide I get noticeably dryer carpets as well; I imagine with a kunkle or going relief-less :twisted: I'd get even better dry times ....

G

No, not yet!
Why? Only cleaning part time, and don't
have $170.00 to spend in that dir. right now.
Besides I'm a full time machinist & plan on making
my own version of a glide :)

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Alan Bush,

Talk to Brian Luddy, we sent him some 1.25" Teflon rod because he wanted to machine some out himself as well, maybe you guys can team up and make something really cool.

Take care,
Lisa

G

Thanks Lisa!
But I'm a few hours away from Brian (Hollister)
No problem ordering Teflon, but I will be making some
proto types in delrin first.
one design is to make a glide which can agitate as well,
that is for cut pile, well any ways I'll post pic.
But for now I'm way to busy to start anything now.

But again thanks

Driguy

I couldn't imagine doing it now with out one. I rented a want with a glide years back and and when i returned it i purchased a green glide for my wands. made life so much easier

Greenie

Hey Alan,

Which wand will you be tooling up for, I might be able to help with a tip or two, we use custom ground cutters in 90% of our projects, even ahve some PTFE scrap I might be able to send you, it's good to proto with the teflon as it machines very differently than delrin. There are more than a few machinist turned cleaners in our customer base, I understand the I'm gonna do this lil' project myself cause it'll be fun mentality. Feel free to call if you get time.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Wow, don't think that Ken Harris would offer to help someone else develope a glide! That's class Greenie and Lisa!!

G

Wasnt it Ken that got the ball rolling on this? Anyone remember who the 2 original distibuters he had? How many that own glides now actually laughed at ken and his crazy stories and ideas?

Greenie

Most still do laugh at Kenny and his stories, doesn't mean they are right or wrong.

Ken made those on the internet aware of wand glides, and as far as I can tell made the first true round "mono" glide.
Prior to Ken was PMF with their flat glide, which Ken got his start by modifying, eventually taking square and making it round.

Prior to PMF would be GoldStar, made by an old welder out of Ohio, but that glide, or more accurately Glide's' was riveted to the front lip and back lip of the wand, the wand was actually built from the ground up around the glides, being two separate glides it was a bit different, more like todays teflon lips.
We bought a 10" and 16" wands from one of Ken's old distributors in Cananda, been in his closet in the store for over a decade, The store owner actually drove down and met the GoldStar inventor before he died, interesting story, it'll be in the Greenebook when we finally publish it.

Before that, some 20+ years ago was the Castex glide, Made for the ServiceMaster Corp.
It was very similar to todays slot glide, it was very clean and very professional molded plastic "mono-glide" as in one piece not two. It was slightly round on the bottom like a square with the corners rounded, and it was about 1" square by 1" square and 13.5" long. It was released in at least two models, one requiring two small screws to secure it to the castex wand.

It is very likely that there are others, but these are the ones we came apon.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Rex,
those were originally made for tile cleaning with the wand, to protect the tile surfaces...but it didn't take long for the guys to figure out that they made the wands push a little easier on the carpet as well....and the rest is history.

Take care,
Lisa

minuteman

I bought two wands with glides, a 16" three jet and a 14" five jet, both 2" from Greenie 2 & 1/2 months ago, from commercial glue down too residential burbur and all in-between 2 too 2 & 1/2 hour dry times are the norm now. I think they are great.

Yesterday I read the post about High Heat, and thought all afternoon about what was said, last night at 11p.m. I went and did a Restaurant, it has a 1/2" thick nap glue down in it so I did a test, with and without glides on both of the wands.

The machine is a Genesis 56. I was running at 800 psi, 220 dg. pulling 15 hg at 150' of 2" and 1/4" S line,the rinse is a pre mixed 5 gals of PCA Formula 5 (3 cups too 5 gal's) set at 10 (on the flow meter) to the water box, all of the carpet is/was pre sprayed with TES 2000.

I started out with the 14" 5 jet glided wand in the farthest room from the truck,did the 200sqft and moved to the main dinning area's and removed the glide and continued on, first thing I noticed was the vac jumped to 20hg at the truck the wand felt as though it was glued to the carpet, second thing was the flow of rinse and steam was over powering even though the vac went through the roof it did not make a deference on the cleaning of the fibers of the carpet after half of the main dinning room I switched to the 16" - 3 jet glided and continued on with it through the rest of the restaurant at the half way till done point I again removed the glide, same thing, felt as though it was glued to the carpet and again the flow of rinse and steam was over powering even though the vac went through the roof it did not make a deference on the cleaning of the fibers of the carpet.

Now the strange part is, is my helper said he could see a deference in the cleaning without the glide, I could not, neither could the manager, and he never picked up the wand to let me watch the action without the glide. We argued about that all the way home.

Today I did a home with a nylon Burbur and did a flood test (removed the vac hose and sprayed for one minute in the same spot, did this five times -- machine set the same as last night) the carpet has a white checkered board style with a very light tan border to it and I flooded five of the white squares I let the owner pick out which squares to flood, "Not one dame bit of deference in the cleaning of the those squares compared too the rest of the carpet".

Glides Rule, Greg

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
We gotta remember to use Greg for a beta tester. We love those detail-oriented guys to give feedback!

Good info Greg!

Take care,
Lisa

Greg Loe

I'm a hybrid man for my wand

and a hole man for my rx 20

rx 20 glides have been a major WOW!!! for me. No change in water volume or pressure, no change in vacuum, just added the rx20 glides and WOW!, it leaves the carpet so much dryer than before. ANd has also sped up my cleaning time.?

JohnnyV

I wouldn't use HWE again with out a Green Glide....Those guys are pretty much solely responsible for me being able to keep doing this job after my Heart Surgery.....

Back
Top Bottom