How much is too much ???

G

It 32 dollars more too much to pay on a valve that wholesales at 22 dollars ?? I know there may be " technical support issue " LOL , but 54 dollars for a valve that costs them 22 ??? Maybe its the jellybeans ??

Name
Shawn Forsythe
You obviously have an opinion on this James, since it preoccipies you enough to start a thread on the matter.

Let me ask you something. What do you feel is a fair margin (not markup, but margin) to the end user, on an item with inbound freight approximating 5% of cost, with 8 annual stocking turns? For sake of discussion, the cost to warehouse is national average (i.e., not a shack with no discernible cost over that of the "shopkeepers" abode).

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Hey cOOp....may we watch Shawn verbally fillet you into bite sized tid-bits of beef jerky....?

G

Shawn Forsythe said:
You obviously have an opinion on this James, since it preoccipies you enough to start a thread on the matter.

Let me ask you something. What do you feel is a fair margin (not markup, but margin) to the end user, on an item with inbound freight approximating 5% of cost, with 8 annual stocking turns? For sake of discussion, the cost to warehouse is national average (i.e., not a shack with no discernible cost over that of the "shopkeepers" abode).

Your last I. e. eliminates quite a few board suppliers doesnt it ??

If I ordered 50 valves to put on my shelves , I doubt that would come close to 5 percent freight . I doubt 1 would be 5 percent .

Seeing as others can sell the same valve at a much lower cost , I would attribute the markup to hype , same as the hype surrounding a 900 dollar greenhorn wand which is the 300 dollar cmp with a few upgrades .

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
James Cooper said:
[quote="Shawn Forsythe":13ve32pt]You obviously have an opinion on this James, since it preoccipies you enough to start a thread on the matter.

Your last I. e. eliminates quite a few board suppliers doesnt it ??

If I ordered 50 valves to put on my shelves , I doubt that would come close to 5 percent freight . I doubt 1 would be 5 percent .

Seeing as others can sell the same valve at a much lower cost , I would attribute the markup to hype , same as the hype surrounding a 900 dollar greenhorn wand which is the 300 dollar cmp with a few upgrades .[/quote:13ve32pt]

but it's real heavy....tho!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I believe the one you are referring to for $54 is stainless and the cheaper one is brass, is that correct?

If so, that is why the difference. I agree that the brass is better, but the stainless is more expensive to produce and costs both the manufacturer and supplier more, so regardless of which is "better" the stainless costs more.

By the way, Westpak has been working on fixing the issues with their stainless valve and I imagine it will soon be "better".
As far as markings, the older valves were unmarked, the newer valves have "WP" on them. Same valve.

Take care,
Lisa

G

truckmount girl said:
I believe the one you are referring to for $54 is stainless and the cheaper one is brass, is that correct?

If so, that is why the difference. I agree that the brass is better, but the stainless is more expensive to produce and costs both the manufacturer and supplier more, so regardless of which is "better" the stainless costs more.

By the way, Westpak has been working on fixing the issues with their stainless valve and I imagine it will soon be "better".
As far as markings, the older valves were unmarked, the newer valves have "WP" on them. Same valve.

Take care,
Lisa

Thanks for clearing that up Lisa - Greenies post about " old stock " kinda muddied the waters here .

SS valve wholesales for 22 bucks - and you are the one who told me a while back brass is better - and you were absolutely right about that . :lol:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Plus there is a convenience factor.
Can buy a product at Super Store cheaper than the local grocery store which is cheaper than a convenience store.
If I need a valve, I'd pay more for it. Besides, for us Canadians, it costs us that much more to get it across the border. So, its smart shopping if we order ahead.

G

Mikey P said:
I'm curious about who Cooper buys his supply from.

the real question is , how many would you like to order - I can have them on your doorstep in a jiffy , if you're interested .

Mikey P

Administrator
Nice side step there Mr Honesty.

Did you ask your buddy Rob how he went from bankruptcy to a millionaire in just 2.5 years yet?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I pay more than $22 wholesale for stainless valves. Tomorrow I can get my last invoice and fax it to you. Maybe someone bought them a long time ago at that price, or they bought in huge quantity. I think the brass might wholesale for around $22, but not stainless. Anyway, if you're interested, I can send you the invoices from WP.

As for fit, what Greenie says is true, the older feathertouch brass valves won't go on the Prochem wands. You had to use stainless.

When I said same valve, I mean they are both feathertouch/soft touch/Westpak valves.

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Yes, the older GH's came with stainless stock, but we switched to brass when the stainless had issues. The newer GH's have brass stock. You can put either on it.

Take care,
Lisa

Name
Lee Stockwell
The Ebay vendor noted above sells some very cheap clones of wands that used to be pretty good. All made in China and we noticed that although the parts "almost" looked like the older ones-they were noticeably of lesser quality.

I'd have to wonder if the valves were likewise cheap knock-offs?

Thanks,
Lee

ps. anybody want a barely used AW29 clone that looks like it was made in the dark?

CleanEvo

James Cooper said:
It 32 dollars more too much to pay on a valve that wholesales at 22 dollars ?? I know there may be " technical support issue " LOL , but 54 dollars for a valve that costs them 22 ??? Maybe its the jellybeans ??

What's your margin when you clean carpets? Give it a rest buddy!

The Preacher

all i know is when my SS valve i bought from Greenie took a premature dump, he sent me a brass replacement on his dime. so i guess if you factor in standing behind a product, no questions asked, charging more is smart. Shit happens!

i never "shopped" Greenie and Lisa when i needed something, because i knew their past track record with me. if saving 15-20 makes or breaks you, then i guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Please buy one of these (or order it from Nikc or RoB or take a chance on getting it from Klepto Kenny, just be sure to give him yore CC info :wink: ) and report back to us in 6 months on how well it held up, if at all!!!!!!!!!!

K

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
you make a profit dont you ...so why would you worry about how much profit john makes ...if you think he or jeff or lisa make to much money dont buy from them

or you could always try being as helpful as they have been to many many rug suckers in every way they can

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
fucn pooper s coopa you cant answer one damn question can you :twisted: . you are same type of trash as roby and trebabay. you instigate arguments by asking a bunch of dumbass questions that you dont even have half a nut to answer any questions yourself.

YOU ARE STILL THE SAME CLOWN GOING IS CIRCLES MAKING AN ASS OF YOURSELF THAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE BEEN. YOU HAVE THE MENTALLITY OF A DUESCHBAG!!!!!

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
It is not possible to measure how little I give a shit what their cost is on an item. I am busy - I order from Jeff or Lisa because it is convenient, they are pleasant to deal with and they stand behind every product they ship to you. If you spend large amounts of time trying to save $20 on an item you may only order once every three years or so you are not an astute business person, you're just another broke dumbass.

What an umbelievably stupid, inane post.

G

Jeff Madsen said:
It is not possible to measure how little I give a shit what their cost is on an item. I am busy - I order from Jeff or Lisa because it is convenient, they are pleasant to deal with and they stand behind every product they ship to you. If you spend large amounts of time trying to save $20 on an item you may only order once every three years or so you are not an astute business person, you're just another broke dumbass.

you better order your stuff from Lisa then - the other guy your talking about has empty shelves and is establishing quite a naughty track record for delivery .

The Preacher

James Cooper said:
[quote="Jeff Madsen":mu9gzcdm]It is not possible to measure how little I give a shit what their cost is on an item. I am busy - I order from Jeff or Lisa because it is convenient, they are pleasant to deal with and they stand behind every product they ship to you. If you spend large amounts of time trying to save $20 on an item you may only order once every three years or so you are not an astute business person, you're just another broke dumbass.

you better order your stuff from Lisa then - the other guy your talking about has empty shelves and is establishing quite a naughty track record for delivery .[/quote:mu9gzcdm]

where do you order from Coop?? does Klepto Kenny have yore CC # on file??? Does Robber give you a discount to be his Chihuahua over here??? Is Nikc scavenging the parts for your next TM and are you helping to pay his mortgage so his "shop" will be around to "manufacture" said GooP-o-matic???

STEVEC

Hey Bonehead (cooper) they don't wholesale for 22.00. Your buddy must have had those for a very long time. The Ebay price has the same mark-up % on the brass valves. By the way when was the last time that you owned a fully stocked store front and service department. John's not selling out of a storage unit, or having products drop shipped.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Mikey P said:
I'm curious about who Cooper buys his supply from.

Next Cooper is going to post a special that Lowes is having on their Rug Doctor carpet cleaning soap. Just trying to help us all out you know.

G

rick imby said:
[quote="Mikey P":1a0weklk]I'm curious about who Cooper buys his supply from.

Next Cooper is going to post a special that Lowes is having on their Rug Doctor carpet cleaning soap. Just trying to help us all out you know.[/quote:1a0weklk]

just posting distr. prices , but apparently some distrib. are more equal than others .

Mikey P

Administrator
So what's it going to be Coop?

Lisa is not saving you on this one.

While she is at the jail giving the inmates foot rubs I'll be tossing you for insubordination.

G

Mikey P said:
So what's it going to be Coop?

Lisa is not saving you on this one.

While she is at the jail giving the inmates foot rubs I'll be tossing you for insubordination.
Why is LIsa going to jail ?

Didnt she go to Utah and face the music alone ?? I thought Greenie was the one with the bench warrant ??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom