How Much $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Name
Ron lippold
How much money per machine hour is a good average, time the hours meter is running. No set up time or talking with miss jones.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Why do you ask?

so you can tell us how much your's is??

I s'pose the dudes who run HUGE expensive PTO outfits would "need" more to make the same profit as a dude with an average sized slide in.

so...it wouldn't matter what everyone's numbers were, cause we all don't have the same cost of doing biz

know what i mean, Vern??

..L.T.A.

Name
Ron lippold
no prime rib

Im just interested in what to expect for year two. I am happy with first year. Alot of work and tired feet, but more fun than I could imagine. You guys here have helped me alot. Well worth the 5 bucks.

Rex Tyus

I have never really kept up with machine hourly rate. To me it is irrelevant. Roll up to roll out is what I target. That time talking to misses P or setting up the hoses is part of the expense. Only so many hours in a day. Doesn't matter how much you get per machine hour if it only runs 1 hour a day. Just my opinion.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
That's a Delmonico Ribeye, Wolfman.

Prime rib can be hit or miss depending on the restaurant or from one roast to another.

a Delmonico is ALWAYS good....

come on, you know you're dieing to tell us how much you averaged per machine hour.
G'head, g'head...

'course you know, no matter how much you say you made, someone will be along to say they made more in their first year.

BTW, those who hold the record for $$$ amounts mentioned on the BBs
(this is from memory, so it's not fact checked and may be outdated by now)

Highest min charge..$350
Highest gross per hour for a large com job ...$600 pr man hour
Highest av sf price to clean carpet....86 cents
(One yo-yo claimed a buck a ft, 5 years ago, but that was Ken Harrass, and everyone knows he's FOS)

Rex, no need to be adding good sense to a thread like this

..L.T.A.

Name
Jesse
Rex is right. My cost in and out for residential only is 129hr. Thats with a averaged cost of EVERYTHING on the average job.

Meat, Good numbers there but what about the $600 per man on commercial, was that someones claimed average? Maybe if you encap with a 36" auto scubber.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I don't think I've ever heard any numbers from Ron. I'd be interested in his hourly and gross if he feels so inclined. C'mon Ron, brag.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
It is a factor of so many things and really what matters is your net. The more machine hours you run the less it costs to own/operate per hour.

Name
Ron lippold
no Im done talking numbers, I like hearing about them, keeps me fresh. I make good money but I like what I do That is the difference. just interested what others see. I have had huge commercial jobs and huge residential jobs that woulds make mikey and dave proud hell i even patted myself on the back. This is a good gig and we need to share the good info

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
he11, Ron, as Ken said, it's not what you make, it's what you keep.

the number$ bandied about here don't mean a thing.
Jessie, on this thread needs a buck thirty an hour just to break even.
I'm sure many need half that.

To gage your numbers to others isn't really of any value.

the dude with a paid for porty that hustled his first year and grossed $50K may have banked more jack than the dude with a shinny new leased TM and heavy ad budget that grossed $125K

what's important is that "you're" happy and met "your" goals

..L.T.A.

Fon Johnson

Wow, $130 per hour to break even. Man, that's some pretty hefty overhead.

What you make gross per hour doesn't matter. You better know what you profit per hour, then shoot for a goal. Everybody has a different break even point. I know that mine appears to be very different from others here..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom