HOW TO CHARGE COMMERCIAL JOBS!!

Rescue

Ok people-

Here is the deal I have a 5k-6k job at a school that they have asked me to do over xmas break. I am cleaning approx. 500 feet next week and then the whole school over break. How much do you recommend I charge.

For residential I know I charge a little more, but for commercial does anyone have a minimum they charge? I have also heard of people going by the hour. If you decide to go by the hour versus the sq/ft rate how do you justify and explain this to the customer correctly. What kind of rates are out there for a job like this. The small of 500ft next week and the big of 6000 ft next month.

Thank you.

The Preacher

figure your cost per hour to operate and add the % of profit you want to make.

if you try to figure it by the SQFT you might not be happy!!!

sounds like a 6-8 hour job. $500-800 would be a good days work.

Kevin

You don't tell them you are charging by the hour.

Estimate how long it will take you. Than multiply it by your hourly rate.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Scue, as Kevin mentioned, you don't tell "them" how much per hour.

you need to know what "your" production rates are for any particular job.
(or at least a pretty good estimate)

1500sf per hour?
1000sf per
500sf per
etc

If you can clean 1000sf pr hr and want to make $200 an hour, the price quote would be .20 cent-o-ft

..L.T.A.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
congrats on the job.

i hope you've given them a price before scheduling. be prepared for complaints about the price, after you've done it, otherwise.

thanx --- Derek.

Chads

Supportive Member
Hey Joe you probably know how much you think the job is worth doing and you also know what you want to make out of the job so don't kid your self and shoot somewhere in between and then take that number and divide it by the square foot and find a good round number to hit them with I'd say a good solid number would be between .12 cents to .22 cents depending on your area. so good luck with it

Rescue

Thanks everyone-

I just cleaned the first portion of the job...502 sq/ft. It took me 2 hours and 10 minutes to do. I received $300.

Now lets do the big one next month 600k=$1350 6-7 hours.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I just did a job in Fremont that was 4 hours for 900 and they were happy. prices there range from .20 sf to .50 sf.

I do this school every year, about 10,000 sf. Don't go too cheap. There is a lot of dirt hiding in the schools carpets. Vacuum a lot or pile lift if you have one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom