How would you market a bigger machine?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I just got a larger machine. How would you market that towards commercial or residential?

I am amazed at how dry the carpets are now with the bigger blower and Glided 2 inch wand.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Instead of marketing how "BIG" your machine is, market how fast your carpets dry vs. what people are used to.

Most customers could care less what machine your using. As long as they see a value for what they are paying for, they're happy.

Add an airpath to your tool box and see your dry times drop to 1 to2 hours.

F

FB7777

I'm with Micah I like Tom Cermak's "dries in minutes" slogan

"How long will it take to dry?" or "when can I put everything back?" are , by far the 2 most popular post cleaning instruction questions I receive.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have 3 airpaths and advertise 3 hrs or less. What else?
How about we beat boyles dry times everytime? :D

I do have to edit and tell everyone Fred told me to send him my business cards and any who calls outside his area into mine he would send my way. I never did that. Thanks anyhow Fred I do appreciate it

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
CUSTOMERS ASK TWO QUESTIONS...

#1. How Much?... price we all know is negotiable

#2. How long until its dry?

We say dry to the touch before we leave your home unless its restorative cleaning or urine treatment.

G

I agree with those above, customers don't care about the machine itself. They do care about the benefits to them, dry times, less chems needed, more efficient, etc..

Mark Azevedo

Greg Crowley said:
I just got a larger machine. How would you market that towards commercial or residential?

I am amazed at how dry the carpets are now with the bigger blower and Glided 2 inch wand.
How did you market your smaller machine????? market your cleaning not your machine

lance

If you're going in for brain surgery do you want the doctor to tell you how great everything is going to turn out and how much experience he has with the same exact operation and how long he has been a surgeon??

Or do you want to hear about how great is new SS scalpel is and that he just got a bigger drill to do the job???????

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
My current marketing works, otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford the bigger machine. So I know how to market clean and dry. I wasn't sure if someone who had a larger machine marketed saying something like , I have the biggest best machine around and with my education and hardwork I can clean them and dry them better than anyone. Something along those lines

lance

Greg, that was Mikey's motto heard over and over and over on the ICS board some time ago. That's why he started this one.

See, EVERYONE agrees with him here, so you don't hear it from him anymore. Morale of the story: If you want everyone to know you're right, invite them over to your own house and show them. Ha Ha

Congrats on your new/better/bigger TM.

Scott

Greg Crowley said:
My current marketing works, otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford the bigger machine. So I know how to market clean and dry. I wasn't sure if someone who had a larger machine marketed saying something like , I have the biggest best machine around and with my education and hardwork I can clean them and dry them better than anyone. Something along those lines

Problem is, anyone can say that. It's not credible in this age of everyone saying they're bigger, better, more thorough than the other.

I would steer clear of marketing your truck and brand you instead.

Scott

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when we went from the CDS to the vortex
we did no type of marketing ..............
we just kept flowing like nothing changed...............

no reason to market it..........

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have spent a total of $1800 on marketing since may and I have been slammed I wasn't sure how to market the machine to commercial accounts rather than a cheaper mexican with a rug dr

Mark Azevedo

Greg Crowley said:
I have spent a total of $1800 on marketing since may and I have been slammed I wasn't sure how to market the machine to commercial accounts rather than a cheaper mexican with a rug dr
If it aint broke dont fix it

TimP

I wouldn't worry because a bigger truck gets you more walk ups. If anything I'd spend less on your marketing and let your big blower let everyone know you're in the neighborhood.....Just ask the Vortex/Aerotec guys

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Being a student of marketing and having spent a great deal of time working in the area (I spent a whole day with Bill Yeadon) I think I am qualified to answer this Mr CrOwLey.

"Mine is bigger than theirs" :shock:

Be careful where you use this little gem! :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom