Howard Partridge

Michael Rossi

I wonder why you all bash him so much. He has helped my dad really grow our business. I wish I could have gone to Houston. There is a thread about this on ICS. What really surprised me is how Lisa Smith-Lydon slammed him. She seemed to be a nice person, but I'm wondering now by the way she butted in. I think Mr. Partridge deserves an apology from her.

Greg Loe

I think most people hate being sold "the next rainbow will solve all your problems".

Seems like most of the marketing companies are only there to sell you the next product.

Get this for $2999 and a free report on the next program that's only$1999

randy

Name
Randy
There is a lot of truth in what you are saying Steven. Recently someone posted on the ICS board about how impressed they were with his operation. They mentioned the " no owner operator would be able to figure that out themselves without seeing it at this event".

I found that kind of amusing. Howard was once a owner operator and he figured it out. Many times I have encountered cleaners that think they have some big competitive advantage, a secret weapon that give them the edge.

Perfect example : Twelve years ago a cleaner told me that he had a secret product that was really cheap and out cleaned everything. He was so secretive about it that he would put the secret chemical in unmarked containers so word would not get out through his employees. Towards the end of our conversation I asked if he had ever tried procyon plus. He got this real horrible look on his face and asked how " I found out ". That was his secret formula, his competitive edge ! I almost felt bad (kind of in a real awkward way) in busting his bubble.

In another case I met a fellow cleaner that was coming to town because "no one is up here" . He told the entire class how he was bring up two trucks and adding four more by fall. Two months latter he was out of business and working at Gold's gym. His competitive advantage was SOVC control units and a particular offer in VAL-pac. He claimed Val-pac gave him a 200 to 1 return on investment because, "he knew how to do it". His Val-pac was 3 rooms for $69

Chris A

Name
Chris
People like to bash HP just as much as they like to bash Joe P. The reason is simply that most owners are beating their heads against the wall trying to grow their businesses, but not doing anything to change. I've read through most of Howard's stuff, and a little of Joe's, and I think the only thing you really learn from either is to take action and implement. There's no such thing as the perfect flyer, the perfect ad, the perfect 24 hour recorded message, but when they sell these to you, already done, many of them tank because the owner lets it sit on his bookshelf, or opens it and does nothing about it.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Michael Rossi, you sir need to reread that whole thread. I didn't take it as Lisa slamming Howard. It looked like she was trying to get to the truth as to what was said. If you haven't already, you need to read her last post as well. She got what was the truth and seemed ok with what happened.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Other were making snide remarks prior to Lisa's post. She simply brought the complaint de jour into the open so it could be explained.

Scott Warrington

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Michael Rossi said:
I wonder why you all bash him so much. He has helped my dad really grow our business. I wish I could have gone to Houston. There is a thread about this on ICS. What really surprised me is how Lisa Smith-Lydon slammed him. She seemed to be a nice person, but I'm wondering now by the way she butted in. I think Mr. Partridge deserves an apology from her.

I would rather see a rumor confronted right away and confirmed, denied or clarified so no one has a misunderstanding, than to allow it to fester, breed and grow as it spread from person to person.

I meant Howard no harm, I just wanted to hear the whole story. I did and I'm satisfied that the incident is now cleared up in everyone's mind. If I had not spoken up, the rumor would still be circulating and could cause far more harm than if it was confronted when fresh.

Sometimes saying nothing is far more damaging than speaking up.

Take care,
Lisa

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Like always there is a bit of twisting the truth to discredit.

Sometimes there are people who are just a bunch of gossipy women.

Behind the scenes backstabbing .

"When your reputation is ruined...you can live your life more freely"

2008 Jimmy Ladwig

JR

howard

I am a big fan of Howard P. He has saved my business from going under. I started out cheap carpet cleaning and I was killing myself. I bought his program about 4 years ago and implemented it. I am now the most expensive cleaner in my town. Not just bragging that I am the most expensive but the best value for what you get with our service. You don't need to buy every program he puts out. I am just grateful for all his help. Anyone can bad mouth Howard behind his back, but I think your just jealous. I have met him and he is an extremly nice guy.

randy

Name
Randy
I thought it was my math, but yeah that doesn't add up.

4 years ago- 2 years in business = 2 missing years

Oh, maybe this is Algebra. I flunked that. Somebody find x

x=troll ?

JR

years in Business

I did start 4 years ago. my profile has not been updated since last year. It should say 3 years now. It has been three years since I merged with a friend of mine and his carpet cleaning business. I just wrote the years since we merged. I didn't count the first year on my own. We now have 2 sections of the business, Carpet cleaning and restoration.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom