How's about this tile job ?

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
I'm going to try to bring this tile back. I've only ever done one other tile job. I quoted $700 and I don't care if it takes 3 days, since things are so slow. I'll post after pictures if the bid comes thru. What would you do other than walk. This will make for a great before and after.

cleaning013.jpg

cleaning012.jpg

cleaning011.jpg

cleaning010.jpg

cleaning009.jpg

cleaning008.jpg

cleaning007.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Sure looks like VCT to me as well.

Are you sure you can handle this job if you cant identify it in the first place?

Get with Fon and Doug Payne on this asap

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Say it with me.....UNGER SCRAPER AND A POLE..... and kick the drywaller guy in the nads....there is NO reason that should be that way...

beg, borrow or steal a brush to go on your 175...i mean pads will work...but i like my brushes...

anywho...theres no need to use a neutral cleaner on this...put the stripper on it and go...
is that brownish yellow stuff...just nasty?? or is it glue?? that could be a harder issue...

black and white tiles...that should clean up nice..

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Tis VCT. 20 year old Armstrong to be exact. I clean cause I love to see things come clean and I would do this just to break even on cost.

Fon Johnson

It looks to be 12" tiles, but if it is that old, you need to be careful because it could be rubber, asbestos, asphalt, etc and they can bleed bad. I would get it cleaned up with broom, and scrape what you can get off quickly (don't kill yourself.) Test your stripper to see if it will cause bleeding. If it is safe to use a strong stripper, I would flood it with what we use (Spartan's Endura Strip) and let it dwell for 15 minutes. I would then scrub with a good heavy 175 using a high pro pad. I good brush will work, but high pro pads are really aggressive and will help to get the joint compound, paint, primer and god knows what else off. While scrubbing on one section, I would have another one soaking. That gives it plenty of time to soak without wasting time (time IS money!) I would throw in a disclaimer too, as this is a restoration of what is pretty much a ruined floor. That way they are prepared for the fact it may not look 100%, and if you can get it cleaned up and put a nice shine on it, you are the HERO.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
wow, kudos on taking on that job.

Maybe you can upsell him on sealer for $1500 :lol:

Scraper, strip, scrub, scrub, strip, scrub, scrub, rinse. Scrape, rinse. Upsell finish. Done.

G

Scraper, Brush, Stripper. Use Machine to extract and defoamer it will save you time. Unless it is over 2000 sqft; you should be able to knock this out in a day with 1 helper.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
boazcan said:
wow, kudos on taking on that job.

Maybe you can upsell him on sealer for $1500 :lol:

Scraper, strip, scrub, scrub, strip, scrub, scrub, rinse. Scrape, rinse. Upsell finish. Done.

OMG, dont make me come down there and kick your ass..

upsell finish wtf.... :evil: :evil: :x :x

Back
Top Bottom