Hydramaster Titan 575 Pump Out Problem

dantraub

RIP
Name
Dan Traub
One of my trucks, and they both have the same truck mount model, has a problem with the (side mount) hydramaster IMG_0543.jpg IMG_0542 (1).jpg pump out. Pump out works fine as long as the machine is off. But when as you turn on the truckmount with waste tank lid closed and block the vacuum or attach a wand, the pump doesn't pump out. We have checked the “check valve flapper” on the advice of hydra master and it seems to be operational and not clogged-Flapper opens and closes.

I other words, pump put won't work under vacuum load. Has anyone had this problem and how do you fix it?We have already replaced the impeller.

Attachments

• IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 262

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
IMG_20180211_142711.jpg
The valve hanging off the end of the red hose is a check valve. It opens to let water out and closes to prevent vacuum in. I have the same type of valve on an inline old plexiglass pump out. When it's hooked up and the vacuum is going, I have to disconnect the vacuum hose and let start to pump. Then it's usually good for the day. I have started to spray a lubricant in it at the end of the day. Seems to help.

Last edited:

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Sounds like your check valve is not closing 100% and the truckmount vacuum is pulling a small amount of air creating a airlock in the pumps impeller..

Also on submersible type pump outs there should be an approximate 1/4" hole drilled in the stand pipe before the check valve to keep the pumps impeller flooded with water.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
One of my trucks, and they both have the same truck mount model, has a problem with the (side mount) hydramaster View attachment 77616 View attachment 77620 pump out. Pump out works fine as long as the machine is off. But when as you turn on the truckmount with waste tank lid closed and block the vacuum or attach a wand, the pump doesn't pump out. We have checked the “check valve flapper” on the advice of hydra master and it seems to be operational and not clogged-Flapper opens and closes.

I other words, pump put won't work under vacuum load. Has anyone had this problem and how do you fix it?We have already replaced the impeller.

sounds to me like you are due for a new pump....if you are 100% sure that the check valve is closing then it is possible that the pump is just to weak to work against blower pressure ......

Reactions: dealtimeman

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
That is what I would have started with is the one way or check valve then check your drive motor to see if it is still punching out correct torque.

Back
Top Bottom