Hydro-Force sprayer is sure conveinient-(but)

I clean commercial carpets at 250 degrees. My in line sprayer vaporizes at temp. over 220. Here is my question. What do you guys use instead of the hydro force. I have been going to truck to turn down temp, then prespray, then either clean at a reduced temp, or go back to the truck again and crank it back up. Kind of getting tired of this . I have other pmp up sprayers, but is their not something out there thats better. What do you guys use for these fire breather truckmounts. Also i am noticing the prespray drys on the carpet quite quickly after Icapsol/Procap aggitation so your limited to how far in advance you spray. Thanks, Ron

G

Multisprayer.
I replaced heat with dwell time.
And it's much easier to deal with.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
about 1 1/2 years ago I was laid up in the hospital........

no one could figure out what was wrong with me but my blood pressure was way to low and I was having breathing problems......they kept me for awhile and loaded me with needles and tubes and all kinds of crap.........I was poked....... pulled......... pinched.......... violated...and everything else you can think of..........with in a year I had 7 cat scans on my chest.the problem was slowly going away but still after a year was there.....and no one could figure it out.......

It took some time but we narrowed it down to (not the chemicals) but how they were being applied.......

My water was to hot and the HF was vaporizing them into the air and I was breathing them in.............I have gone to a battery sprayer and have had no problems at all most everything has gone away...........for a while I have had to carry a inhaler with me and now it is in the dresser drawer...

there is a set of lymph nodes in your chest cavity seem the vapors were pissing them off........the swelling blocked my breathing which affected my blood pressure (or something like that).......

this problem may not happen to every one or affect everyone the same way..... but it is a good heads up to all that put the spray down hot......mix warm......spray it as cool as possible and clean hot.......you get the same cleaning results ........you also have better control over your pre-spray.....

for what it is worth.......

Johnnyone

I was wondering if I could hook up my hydro sprayer the the custy
hot water?

Will this work?

C

Carpet Dude

make or buy a tee...snap into the quick connect at the truck...run solution line from one side and 3,4,5,6ft hose (whatever length) with a hose barb at the end of it. open it just a wee bit....this helps maintain water at a lesser temperature......
You may need to play with the ball valve in a few jobs to get a water temperature you're comfortable with using a hydro-force.....from there you just about know at what degree to open the ball valve for every job forth.

It works for me....

Some jobs that are small I don't use the above set-up...I simply let it sizzle cause the prespraying is done quickly.

or as Jim said...use a pump up or battery sprayer.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
well i would take the walk back and forth for the extra heat any day..

do you have a helper?? have him do it..

doesnt it need to dwell a bit anyway??? theres your back and forth time..

for my needs i have a post propane heater..so i use the exchangers to heat for hydro-force then flip the heater.....so i guess i am back and forth to...

then again i drag my vac hose out after i spray to.

brocksdad

Multi sprayers aren't bad man I wish I would have bought the battery one if you decide to go that route don't be stupid like me and go cheap just get the battery one the corded one is a pain in the butt

G

I used a HF for many years.
Bought my battery powered Multisprayer 2 years ago,and would never even consider going back to the HF now.

Much more convenient.
Heavier,but definitely more convenient.

Greenie

Ron, to reduce net solution temp, increase water flow, the Butler HX can only sustain so much flow, so find that point by using larger HF tips on your spray wand.

A lot of folks don't realize they are putting out less flow with their HF than their wand because of the venturi effect of the dema injector.

Try the Rex Tyus super soaker tip from a pressure washing gun, I know he uses a white tip which is 40º wide, but check with him on the gpm, the tips come in common sizes liek 3.5 gpm and 4.5 gpm, get the one that Rex suggest as he's already figured this out. Plus you will have more juice down on the rug faster and it probably won't dry on you.

TonyC

Name
Tony Castellano
Hey Ron as you saw on Sunday I don't have that problem of too much heat on my Bluewave,so it can't vaporize.Seems funny but about 2 minutes after you left my Bluewave shut down for no reason for about 15 minutes.

Rex Tyus

Yep the white nozzle with 4.5 gph is the ticket. The 4.5 gph white nozzle flows at the approximate dilution rate of a hydro with standard tee jet and a 6 to 1 tip. Hope that makes sense. And prespray drying too fast is much less of a problem :D It is not for every scenario but when you need it hot, wet, and fast it rocks.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
IMO here is the solution, clean a room, pull the hoses back, groom the carpets, turn the ceiling fan on, or move the air path, pull the hoses to the next room, by this time the water in your solution hoses should have cooled just enough to allow you for the most part to spray the next room without issues. for some reason people around here find using a HF sprayer the most complicated thing in the world, maybe they are just a vocal minority along the lines of the hate green glide and castex wand crowd

Greenie

Any pressure washer rental or supply would have them, bout 10 bucks. Get the corresponding female quick connect while you are at it, and screw it on your HF lance in place of the current brass.

Trevor Truitt

I guess I'm just lucky.

My kero fired mount doesn't "trigger" when using an inline sprayer. By the time I have set down the wand, moved hoses, and am ready to spray the next area, temps are down to 150(?).

Perhaps a manufacturer might set their tm's (HE or whathaveyou) with something that can bypass water depending on flow rate.

Thank you very much, it is great some of you have the knowledge I lack. Will try these modifications, will use this strictly commercial, large areas.

Rex Tyus

Will try these modifications, will use this strictly commercial, large areas.

If you ever do any vacant rentals it works great there also.

Many don't believe me but it is actually more accurate with less over spray than a standard tip. The water pattern is less vaporized. Which means less over spray.

Back
Top Bottom