Hydroforce users do you turn down your psi when spraying?

Bob Foster

I leave mine the same at usually around 500 psi when pre-spaying. Too much trouble to change the psi around all the time.

Also never have a problem with solution pickup at any psi except when my solution is very hot. I wonder if when the solution was hot it would help to turn down the psi so that the hydroforce would start to properly pickup solution.

Also is there any kind of inline device you could put at the applicator end that would unload pressure rather than having to go back to the truck? I would find this useful for using my stair tool or upholstery tool.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I don't turn down either the heat or pressure. My HF has been working just fine. I'm using one with no tip and one with a yellow tip. No problems.

When I want to reduce the pressure I just adjust the shutoff valve. It doesn't reduce the pressure but it takes the pressure off the trigger valve.

Rex Tyus

Bob Foster said:
I leave mine the same at usually around 500 psi when pre-spaying. Too much trouble to change the psi around all the time.

1. The same. Going back and forth to the truck defeats the whole purpose of using a high production tool.

Also never have a problem with solution pickup at any psi except when my solution is very hot. I wonder if when the solution was hot it would help to turn down the psi so that the hydroforce would start to properly pickup solution.

2. Heat seems to matter the most. I have actually got decent chem draw at 7-800 psi when testing. But high heat... forget it. Now increaseing the flow from the spray jet can really help.

Also is there any kind of inline device you could put at the applicator end that would unload pressure rather than having to go back to the truck? I would find this useful for using my stair tool or upholstery tool.

3. I don't have a clue.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
John Buxton said:
A HF rep told me once that it is designed to work at 400 psi.

The high pressure units are calibrated at 400 PSI. The HydroForce sprayer will continue to work anywhere in the range from 250 PSI to 1200 PSI. But the farther you get from 400 PSI the less accurate the dilution ratio.

As long as you put down as much chem as you want, it doesn't matter a lot what the pressure is.

Heat is another matter. At 180 -200 degress, depending on elevation and atmosphereic pressure, the fluid will begin to cavitate (gets bubbles in it like the start of boiling). These air bubbles disrupt the draw.

Scott Warrington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom