Hydrosonic wand?

Frank P.

HAs anyone used the Hydrosonic wand as shown on Cobbs site? Do they work as well as stated at leaving dryer carpet? How about glides for it? Can it be used on a hi pressure portable? Is it worth the extra $400?

Frank P.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

I think they have improved from the "beta" models.

We have tried them side-by-side on the same wand with and without the pulsation valve.

The pulsation valve @ 400 hz. definitely cleaned more effectively.

Larry Cobb

Frank P.

What is a 9502

What is a 9502 & an HS? Sorry I don't have all the abreviationd down yet Greenie.

Frank P.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Having looked at it at connections I could tell it was WAY overpriced and that pulsating was hokey to say the least.

G

It is NOT worth it, Jimmy. I tried it too to see if it worked as advertised. It did not. I could not see any difference.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Lets set some things Straight

First lets address Mike. Mike you used a Converted 2" wand not a Hydrosonic. While it had a Hydrosonic Valve on it it was not a Hydrosonic wand. I won't bother addressing Ken. Larry had the wands for months testing them before he actually started selling them.

And Greenie the jets are 11015x4 so putting 9502's on them would do what? Streak like a Bastard :p

If you want an honest opinion ask Chad he has had his for a year. Steve has had a Converted Prochem for almost that long. I have nearly a 100 Hydrosonic Wand users out there now and I can tell you with out a doubt they KNOW the wand is worth it becuase they could have returned it within 30 days of using it for a full refund.

It really blows me away when some of you try to slam a product you refuse to try to understand yet embrace others but thats ok you can watch as the rest of the world races ahead and try to catch up or you can take the lead...Just don't pass out mis-information.

Don't have to believe me read/watch for yourself

http://www.hydrosonicwand.com/videobroadcast.asp

http://www.hydrosonicwand.com/testimonials.asp

G

I won't bother addressing Ken.

I am not surprised. The wands that I tested WERE Hydrosonics. They were tested at Connections. Alot of the other people that tested them at the same time said the same thing.Must have just been a bad day for the wands. I am sure that they worked better on other days.

Greenie

I stand corrected I meant to say slap some 02 jets on there, if you are currently outfitting them with 110º, then all the better, as long as they are 02 fro more flow. 015 is okay for industry standard an small TMs, 02 will just kick up the flushing and heat a notch.

Ken, in John's defense, that was 2 years ago, do you any more recent experience?

G

Ken, in John's defense, that was 2 years ago, do you any more recent experience?

Yes, last year at Connections as well. That was only a year ago. It should have not made any difference. Were they vibrating at a lower frequency than 400 hz back then? If so, I guess I should have brought a blue pill with me to speed them up?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Goes back to when you recieve "FREE" products you are obligated to give
glowing testimonials.

G

I would not expect any "glowing testimonials" unless I go into selling flouresent condoms, eh? Then a few could really put you a head of the game.

G

So why not just buy the valve?

So you think they would be selling for $799 if you could buy the valve?

Mikey P

Administrator
I think in a lot of cases some buyers are just thrilled to have a low profile, multi jetted wand for the first time.

The one I tried out was a Big Boy Two essentially. JWC put it together in a bit of a rush granted. The manifolds were not on straight and the jets were no where close to the 45º they should have been.

The pulsation feature seemed to be of zero benefit IMO.

I wanted to put the trigger on one of my wands but it needs a SS pipe between it and the manifolds, so no go.

G

Haven't tried it

But, a lot of people want to trade it in. Not to knock the manufaturer, but this is common in our business.

G

They don't sell the valves from my understading.

KKKenny...try cleaning a job with one once. Not some POS scrap in the parking lot. They sell to people who use the shit...not to people who are nose pickers.

Compared to my 06 4 jetter that I have, the 04 4 jetter Hydro wand with clean just as well or better. The pulse does help. But it would take some of you who are part time...or not even a cleaner some jobs to understand this.

Use it for 2 weeks then come back and then tell us what you have going on.

I have about 1,000 hours on it now. Damn near wore out the slotted glide.

Chad

G

I tried one this year, did a full write up on it. I loved the four jet, didn't want to give it up. I did because there were a few corrections needed which I could have done myself, but couldn't see spending the money over and above the original cost. Hope they have made some changes recently, I like the JWC bunch. Met the father of the owner, real nice guy. The wand desperately needed glides if you wanted it to stay on the carpet on olefin. I wasn't positive that the pulsation made any difference, but it seemed to clean faster and it definitely left the carpet more dry.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The video and testimonials are inconclusive.
Not much was said about the pulsating feature which is what the advertising is all about.A standard wand with a very expensive valve is what I see.It doesn't make any difference in how many years some of the
testers have in business as I saw many using improper wand technique .
You always keep your wand in the front of your body and never draw it up to your shoes on the pull stroke.I also saw one guy pulling it completely on the side of his body which is an ergonomic error.
Years of experience has no bearing as to how well a person cleans in this industry.

c2csteam

Does any one here own a hydrosonicwand

Replay if there is anyone that own one, not just the talk about them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom