I CHARGE 150.00 PER HOUSE INCLUDING SOFA AND LOVESEAT

PARAMOUNT

THATS RITE I BEEN DOING THIS FOR SOME TIME ( 6 MONTHS) AND MAKING MONEY. PLENTY OF BUSINESS AND REFERALS ARE STARTING TO COME IN
I GIVE A HOUSE THE FULL IICRC TREATMENT. WHAT DO YOU GUYS NORMALLY MAKE ON A REGULAR SIZE HOME MIDDLE CLASS HOME
IM LOVING IT AND GOD BLESS [/b]

Bob Foster

I would rather stay home and not work and go broke instead of working my ass off and go broke

TimP

Looks like more of em coming out of the closet. That or someone to try and stir stuff up. Come on here and that be your first post????

Name
Lee Stockwell
Ahh yes! A brand new batch of wildly successful newbies are blowing their horns.

Wait until February and let us know if you're having a great WINTER too??

Lots of used equipment on the market by March.

Thanks,
Lee

Bob Foster

I admire the guy for working hard and getting his name out but why - WHY do you have to work for so cheeeeeaap?

R

R W

Ya know.....this could be a "close to normal" price for his area. We all don't live near $$$million dollar areas. For my area, I would have to add about $120 to make it a profitable endeavor.

breathe72

Paramount, you are making yourself a bulls-eye on these boards by sharing your low-price success stories.

Maybe you don't care what others think, especially when you're enjoying an income (or intake) unprecedented for you.

Maybe you only care what your customers think, since they are the ones making your truckmount payments.

Either way, get ready to take some heat over those prices, by others in this industry who lurk in these rooms, waiting to unload their clip on you for doing the same shit they did when they got started.

Many entrepreneurs are ego-maniacs with low self-esteem. In here they will reveal themselves by pouncing upon you & your lack of long-time experience, and in turn feed their own ego.

Personally, I'll just say that your customers will gladly pay more than what you are presently charging, and they will still feel they are getting a great amount of cleaning done at a reasonable price.

Higher-end neighborhoods will pay more based on the style of ad you use, combined with the way you answer your phone/sell the appointment, (ability to talk) and finally, the way you are dressed and groomed. Price is important to them as well, but it has to be a mixture of all these.

Cleaning is cleaning. We all do that.

When it comes to asking for more, Your job is to BUILD VALUE. To earn a 300+ dollar residential carpet job, you must give a 1000 dollar impression.

If they look at you & think "150 bucks a job is good money for this poor guy", you'll never command more. You have locked yourself in. No wiggle room for a special, if you were ever to run one after you've established a few hundred customers.

Don't worry about these guys in here calling you a price-whore or a hack: worry about your CUSTOMERS CALLING YOU that behind your back.

The day will come upon you quick, where that 150 dollar customer you did 6 months ago wants you back for the "same deal" you gave them last time. Only now, you're busy doing gravy daytime commercial jobs that PAY good money and you're booked for a couple of weeks, and the LAST thing you want to do is go wear yourself out on those 150 dollar whole house specials. Especially the one with all the cat-hair and cheerios and the 4 mini-area rugs you "touched-up" for nothing.

You'll make excuses just so you don't have to tell them you're too busy for them now.

Just my opinion. We ran some pretty low specials 2 years ago when we started, not quite that low, but we did focus on price & it feels very good to have moved steadily toward working less hrs for more $$$.

Raise those prices. Just a little at first. See what happens.

Stay Hungry. Run to answer your phone when it rings.

Bob Foster

Chris you said what I meant in a very good way. I would add that the ones that did pay you the low prices may well still be your customers at higher prices next time.

Good on you but geez you must feel a little worn out at times!

Rex Tyus

I think it was a bullshit post to begin with. A whole house "full IICRC treatment" Plus sofa and love seat for $150.

BULL SHIT!

diamond brian

I guess if he did enough add-ons, and averaged a couple of jobs per day, and had no bills, it could be worth it.

You know, some people make $8.50/hr, and fall into enough $ to buy a porty or even a TM. $225 for 100 double-sided chloroplast signs, and shit-they're in business!

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
We did a 3000 sq ft house plus a couch and love seat last saturday

no furniture moving, already vacuumed by the customer

prespray

crb

dual wand

dried with airpaths

$850 for 2.5 hours total time, kind of felt bad about the price but it was within reason with what we usually charge

today did an empty 3 bedroom, less then 900 sq ft of berber, prespray, high flow rinse, post pad with ez glide

$175 for 45 minutes

RickL

Specials

I'm with Rex I think it's BS just to stir things up a bit. But when I first started out I did a postcard mailing with a $99 three room special up to 600 sq ft.
I mailed it to 2600 homes $300k and up (specific zip codes). This was my most successful advertising ever. I clearly drew out that it was "EXPOSED CARPET ONLY", ANY STAIN TREATMENT WOULD BE EXTRA and they must pre vac. Only one person took the $99 and I was done in 45 min.
On the postcard I featured a pic of a dog and children with the heading we can get those stains out. Most said right up front they didn't care about the special just get the stains and carpet clean.
My avg was above $300 per call and these are the customers and their referrals that I service today.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
He's just following his background of interlink training classes to become another certified hack.

I personally like the spit in your face defy the norm instead of people who write books here to impress.

Name
Jesse
There are people out there who will do a damn fine job for far below the cost of trying to run a business. Most are pure hacks but some aren't, unfortunately they hurt our industry. My grandfather has a little over 10,000 sqft of white wool, dog and cat issues, and a poor vacuum schedule. He gets a really thorough clean for $600. Some guy here in town spends a whole day with a cds 4.6 and a rx20, he doesn't pre-vacuum but gets good results and grooms. It would cost me $550-600 so we don't clean it even though he's 1 mile from our shop . We also don't do the janitorial in his buildings, he gets it done for 40% less than my direct cost would be. It's sad.

Scott Hayward

Mike of Illinois,

Ok, I'll bite even so you may not be for real. I see a lot of the pricing like yours in Craigslist.

I cleaned a sofa and loveseat for $200.00 last Summer. Normally it would have been $252.00 for both.

Yesterday she had me clean 4 rooms. It came to $230.00. That was with a 10 percent discount from a Fall newsletter coupon. It also included guard.

So there you have it...$430.00 for one of your $150.00 jobs. She got a good deal and so did I. I don't get Christmas cards from her like Devil Dog does from his customers but I did get a nice bottle of wine as a tip.

I have been fortunate to get quite a few furniture/carpet cleaning combos. Sometimes at the same time, other times several months apart.

Price how you want to but know what your break even cost is (or have a ballpark idea) and make sure you are making money beyond that point. A house and sofa and a loveseat for $150.00 wouldn't make sense for my business.

Scott

Fon Johnson

when I was young, naive, and stupid (15 years ago) I would get $95.00 for a sofa/love seat. I did not go much residential then, but a small house would run about $150 back then. I don't see how you can follow IICRC guidlines and make money, no matter how fast you are, at those rates.

Anyone seen someone around my leg? I felt a tugging sensation..

PARAMOUNT

ITS VERY SIMPLE

I HAVE NO OVERHEAD, EVERYTHING IS PAID FOR. MY INITIAL INVESTMENT INTO THIS BUSINESS WAS LISTENING TO YOU GUYS AND YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THIS FIELD, VERY GOOD I MIGHT ADD AND FREE, AND COMING TO SOME GOOD COCLUSIONS THAT I START OUT WITH NO OVERHEAD, TRUCKMOUNT,VAN CHEMS, MISC. ALL PAID PRIOR TO STARTING. THEN ALOT OF YOU HAVE GOOD MARKETING IDEAS AND SKILLS AND I FOLLOWED SOME OF THEM AND MADE SOME OF MY OWN, BUT WITH INPUT AND EXPERIENCE FROM YOU GUYS, PUTTING ALL THIS TOGETHER I CAME TO A CONCLUSION OF CHEAP PRICE, NOT CHEAP SERVICE AND HOLD CURENT CUSTOMERS FOREVER BY NOT LETTING THEM FORGET ME BY USING CHEAP PRICE, FREE SPOT REMOVAL BOTTLE, AND NEWS LETTERS AND MY PROFESSIONAL LOOK AND ATTITUDE.

NOW I KNOW SOME OF YOU WILL LAUGH, SHOUT, OR SCREAM ABOUT THIS( GO AHEAD IM A BIG BOY), YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND A NEW BUSINESS NEEDS EVERYTHING PUT FORTH TO SUCCED AND SUCCEED I SHALL. I WILL NOT FAIL

Name
Lee Stockwell
Kill the Caps Lock

"No overhead" (lower case mine) isn't the case just because some of that overhead is prepaid (sunk cost) or isn't on the books. Also consider the "opportunity costs" associated with your business model.

I think you'll be wiser in a year or two. Aren't we all.

Thanks,
Lee

PARAMOUNT

MCDONALDS MARKETING

YOU GO INTO A MC D"S AND GET A 99 CENT DOUBLE CHEESEBUGER, BUT YOU ALSO NEED A LARGE COKE AND LARGE FRIES AND AT TIMES YOU MIGHT WANT THE TWWO APPLES PIES FOR A BUCK WHEN ALL SAID AND DONE YOU PAID 6-7 DOLLARS WHEN INTIALLY YOU WERE THINKING OF A 99 CENT DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER. YOU GET ALL THIS WITHIN A FEW MINUTES AND EVEN HAVE TV TO WATCH ( AT NEWER MC D"S) AND IF YOU NEED A FREE REFILL OF SODA. BEFORE YOU KNOW IT YOU'LL BE BACK AT MCDONALDS ORDERING AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. WHY?, BECAUSE ITS CHEAP AND GOOD AND YOU GET A FREE REFILL OF SODA!

ITS ABOUT 80% MARKETING AND 20% KNOW HOW/USE OF EQUIPMENT.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I got my first walk up they other day while cleaning a house

dude wanted the wool carpet spot cleaned from the previous cleaner that didn't get them out

I told him $50. He wanted a guarantee or no pay so I told him I have a $200 minimum service fee

the choice was up to him

who do you think won

if you can't type properly, figure out how to turn off the capital lock and use the shift button, , not sure you could even run a business

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Paramount,

By using your Mc Donald's example. Does that mean that the $150.00 is the get in the door price and then you "super size" the job by adding: protector, other rooms. other furniture, deodorizer, pre-shampooing, anti-allergen, spot removal, flea control, drapes, tile cleaning, wood floor cleaning, pet odor removal etc...

So you can walk out the door with a fat wallet.

Nothing wrong with that!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom