I have an issue with sfs

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
So I was informed by jondon that due to how much I spent this year I can go to sfs free . Welll my concern is this....... If sfs is designed to help grow your business and get you off the truck and everything. Why is the class set up monday-friday all day long? If the class is made to help the owner op get to the next level, why would the class be scheduled during prime business hours causing the owner op to miss jobs? I dont get it. I couldnt go because the jon don is an hour and a half away so between the commute I wouldnt even be able to squeez a small job in. I dont see why they couldnt do a saturday and sunday class and leave a couple of the weekdays open . It sounds like a great class but Im sure there are lots of owner ops or small firms that cant afford to close shop all week to attend. But I guess if you work for a big firm and sit at a dsek infront of a computer all day a week in a class room may be a luxury you can afford.
I think our local chamber of commerce offers marketing classes and seminars maybe I will go to one of them and it may be more accomidating schedule wise to the small business

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I hear ya, Jon Don has many classes I would take but making money comes first. Saturday classes should available, think about guys who have full time jobs M-F and clean on the side.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Instead of attending those classes that are not industry specific, go to SFS and schedule those cleaning jobs for Saturday & Sunday. The sacrifice of working a weekend or two will be worth the hassle of shifting the work for a few days.

harryhides

Name
Tony
So you don't have a slow week at any time in the entire year ?
Even in the dead of winter?
Must be nice.

But if your margins are so fine that you cannot miss even a few days then it sounds like there is something wrong with your biz model and you really need to take this course.

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
I think taking SFS is suppose to require a commitment. In my opinion go to a class that is in feb- mar (the slower time of year) and one you have to travel too that way you are not distracted while you learn. ie not tempted to leave to take care of a 2 roomer. Just suck it up and do it.

Tony

Wait you are in my market... Never mind its a waste of time.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Junior is right. Its to hard to take a week off in the busy season. And it doesnt mean something is wrong with ur business

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The two most common excuses for not attending some kind of education?

It's during my busy season. I can't get away.
It's during my slow season. I don't have any money.

I hear both excuses from the same people.

If you could easily get away for a week during your peak time, you wouldn't need the class.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Jon, I just returned from completing the SFS course. And all I have been saying to myself and everyone I know is "why did I put this off for 3 years!"
Bulk your schedule up the week before and the week after and don't sweat it. I am a O/O and I only wish I had done it sooner. You won't regret it.

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
We went to beautiful and warm Dallas for SFS in February to get away from the cold in KC. The ice storm of all ice storms hit OK & TX and I got to watch them sell a lot of water restoration stuff, truckloads. Just go and do like Richard says, make it a vacation. It's the best week of learning I have ever had.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Mikey P said:
And it doesnt mean something is wrong with ur business

yeah but your "Job" sucks if you really can't take a week off for something like this.

Pathetic.
Not pathetic Mike. I know some people may find it hard to look at this from my prospective but in the economy we are in I cant afford to lose any work. I have a couple big property mgmnt clients who pay me well for the luxary of calling me on short notice and sometimes waiting till the end of the week is not an option. I have gained some pretty nice accounts because I was able to perform when the competition wasnt. I hope by next time my new assistant can pick up the slack and I can attend but right now it just wouldnt work

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
are all your customers new customers who can not wait a week. This is what seperates the men from the boys.

If you own a business and it is running you then you are not running a business. I knew you were an idiot

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
XTREME1 said:
are all your customers new customers who can not wait a week. This is what seperates the men from the boys.

If you own a business and it is running you then you are not running a business. I knew you were an idiot
Back to calling names again I see. I dont feel the need to justify my business practices to you. Nor do I care to enter a debate with you and listen to you ramble on about your glory days :lol: If you can read you might see the part that says I am paid well for prompt service. I wouldnt say that fitting a major client into the schedule on 2 or three days notice is letting my business run me. On another note I find it funny that the person calling me an idiot isnt smart or professional enough to communicate his opinion without calling names :lol: :lol:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Try and go in the slower months, I can take off mikey some others might not be able to.

Sent from my Comet using Tapatalk

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
let me preface by saying I've never been to SFS..so i might be FOS in what I'm about to say
But that's never stopped me before...... 8)

i reckon a week is needed cause it's a fairly comprehensive program ..touching on many facets of running a biz...not like one and two day IICRC classes

There are too many people "I" know to trust what they're talking about in this biz.
when those same people all say the same thing..."SFS is well worth the time and effort" , i have no doubt it's true

If you can't find a way to schedule in the slow time...welp, I guess you're just screwed then

I;d go, but I already have a great treadmill in the room that never gets used ..a second one wouldn't help me

:lol: :lol:

..l.T.A.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
I see what you're saying about taking the time off and losing income, but you might want to consider some options. If your truck is that busy, maybe get a helper? 2 man truck = better production rates (your back will thank you too). And when things like this come up...i mean, come on, FREE SFS, damn! You'd be able to let your other guy (if you train him well) take the jobs by himself.

I have a great friend who I help with his biz when he needs it and he helps me out, our schedules just work out great! I'm going to have to take some time off soon for a family issue and have no worries with letting him talk the van by himself. You really need a back-up plan. what if you twist your ankle? Anything can happen, but from what i've heard that class is great!! I will be attending one soon!!

Mikey P

Administrator
was addressing Joey, I believe he has been at this long enough to find a way take a week off by now.

maybe pathetic was too strong a word.

how about..."sad"...

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I take vacations.. But its still hard for me. I always have the cell in hand. I am a worryer. Its hard for me to let go and let employees do their job. Yes, im a control freak. But that may soon end. I large company is in negotiations for my small one. Will I be able to let go? I doubt it.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Lets see how much HELL...I will catch for this opinion... :roll:

I AGREE with junior... :shock:

SFS...is probably a great program...HOWEVER....?

How much cookie-cutter knowledge can this Industry TAKE...!
While plagiarism is the fondest form of FLATTERY...!
This industry could USE some new innovation...

If you teach every O/O the same procedures...?
You limit the ability for INDIVIDUAL'S...to excel & promote change...!
Junior has made a RATIONAL mature business decision concerning HIS company...!

While we ALL puKe-Up diatribe about equipment,process, & marketing...!
Very few here are independently wealthy... & are only 1 paycheck away from the soup-line...!
My PROBLEM with this type of edUcAtiOn...is the SOCIALIZING EFFECT that it perpetuates....!

We are in the SERVICE INDUSTRY..."It is NOT that hard...GIVE good service...!"
You either have the discipline to produce success or you DON'T....!
It also helps to have a PHD in ...BullShiT... Some of you should HANG OUT YOUR SHINGLE...!

There is NOT a NicKel'S worth of differance...in ALL of these GuRu driven programs.... :roll:

IF ANY OF THESE SELF-PROFESSED GURU'S....HAD BEEN SUCESSFUL....THEY WOULD STILL BE IN THE BIZ.... :idea:

It is AMAZING...!!!!!!! That if you SPEND all your money in "their" sponsor's DisTy.... :roll:
You can receive something that has such "AWESOME VALUE".....for FREE.... :oops:

There is ALL the iNfOrMaTioN in the world....you could ever need on this BOARD..... :idea:
And it is NOT.....FREE... :shock:
This board will EXTRACT...."a pound of FLeSH"....as payment for the knowledge.... !gotcha!

carry-on...!
HARPER

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
:lol: the pound of flesh analagy might have been overkill harper. I will probley go next year, I just didnt feel comforBtable leaving my new assistant in charge because he is still new. I am not debating the quality of the program just questioning the scheduling and wonder how the geniuses at sfs didnt see this. I talked to several other cleaners around here also and none of them could be gone for a week either.Oh wait they must just be sad, pathetic , idiot, hacks as well.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
There is no way you can go to the SFS class and NOT learn something that will pay for the class (you're welcome Steve !gotcha! )

Most of the guru stuff out there is glam and glitter...Advertising and promotional things....while important.....are different from SFS.

SFS gives you programs on how to run things, ways to relate to your customer, contracts, ideas....etc.

Yes, it's quite the conundrum that to learn this stuff you have to "lose" a little money.

Risks are best taken when the reward out weighs the benefits.

In a nut shell? Grow some nads and take the free class.

Sub your few jobs out to your best CC buddy while you're gone and just do it.

DON'T PISS ME OFF!!!!! :twisted:

No really....it was a great class.

Harper is old school and prefers to learn by having his dick knocked in the dirt instead of learning from other's mistakes, triumphs and hard earned knowledge.

Just Sayin. !gotcha!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Oh, and it's during the week because the instructors,employees and owners want to spend time with THEIR families etc on the weekends you selfish prick. shiteatinggrin

Just jabbin ya.....don't have a coronary..

A gift horse comes to mind.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Harper you're the kid that told everyone there is no Santa Claus aren't you? :p

This is the "No Guru Show", SFS is NOT the pay only for the right to pay more like a lot of the other programs are.

This is a much different, they are trying to help you become better businessmen, better salesmen and a better marketer.

Is JonDon going to benefit from you bettering yourself? Maybe, they hope you'll show some loyalty by buying from them, but they aren't forcing you. There is no contract to sign,no commitment on your part.

Unlike the those other programs Jon Donis not asking for the money up front. No, they are hoping to get a little back at a time, as you buy those items you need to purchase anyway.

Cookie cutter, yea sure but those same basic principals are in need in our industry. So while it maybe cookie cutter, it's intentional.

Can you learn a lot from this board? You sure can and it provides on going support too! However I wouldn't let the board be your only source for instruction and training. Why limit yourself, MB does have some seasoned professionals and some very knowledgeable cleaners but they are not professional instructors.

SFS has a lot to offer and whether JonDon is your distributor or not I highly recommend you make the time to attend at least once.

Jon you're not an idiot, you're a small businessman concerned about loss of business while attending training for 5-days. Understandable!

Maybe if you called your larger clients and told them you will be out of the office for those days but if some emergency comes up you will still get to it asap. Then if they do call you might have to miss a few hours of a day, but not they whole weeks worth of instruction.

I'd also see if you can't share a room with another attendee, traveling back and forth everyday can be taxing. Plus a lot of information is shared with attendees after class at dinner and while hanging out with the group.

It's going to take a little effort to get though a week off but if you want to I'm sure you'll figure a way to do it.
8)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I live 10 minutes from Jon Don and drove everyday. It was STILL a major energy burner....My mind was aching every night from all the info. But I'm crazy classroom corky when I go. shiteatinggrin

Just tell your customers that you're furthering your education as always so that your company can continue serve their needs and keep up with the times.

They love that crap.

AND they will understand AND they will wait a frickin week AND you'll make your money back as soon as you get back just by implementing ONE damn thing you were taught.

If you don't go, I can't explain it and you won't understand until you do.

Have you ever heard ONE person that took the class say that SFS was a total joke and wast of time??....Except Marty...but consider the source. :lol:

They don't teach pig farming...But some of the things you learn can be applied to the pig industry I'm sure. :roll:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
IF ANY OF THESE SELF-PROFESSED GURU'S....HAD BEEN SUCESSFUL....THEY WOULD STILL BE IN THE BIZ

I've always thought they were smarter than us.
they found selling the TREASURE MAPS to El Dorado easier going than packing the mules with picks and shovels and heading to the hills to do the actual digging

as you know, the overwhelming majority of gold miners never got rich.
They made a living digging in the hard scrabble for their bean$ and rice .
and just like anything else in life, the most ambitious and hardest working did better

The saloons, wimmins of ill-repute :oops: , and TREASURE MAP salesman didn't have to get their hands dirty or beak a sweat digging in the hot sun.
While most of them don't "get rich" either, their "job" was more secure
(especially if associated with the large general stores that sold mining supplies and mules )

cause even when the gold gets harder and harder to mine, there's a never ending supply of "new miners" looking to "strike it rich" in them thar hills .....

PEE ESS..... I'm not implying that all TREASURE MAP salesmen are a bad thing .
cause some TREASURE MAPS will indeed help the miner...just illustrating some observations and thoughts ....

..L.T.A.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
meAt said:
IF ANY OF THESE SELF-PROFESSED GURU'S....HAD BEEN SUCESSFUL....THEY WOULD STILL BE IN THE BIZ

I've always thought they were smarter than us.
they found selling the TREASURE MAPS to El Dorado easier going than packing the mules with picks and shovels and heading to the hills to do the actual digging

as you know, the overwhelming majority of gold miners never got rich.
They made a living digging in the hard scrabble for their bean$ and rice .
and just like anything else in life, the most ambitious and hardest working did better

The saloons, wimmins of ill-repute :oops: , and TREASURE MAP salesman didn't have to get their hands dirty or beak a sweat digging in the hot sun.
While most of them don't "get rich" either, their "job" was more secure
(especially if associated with the large general stores that sold mining supplies and mules )

cause even when the gold gets harder and harder to mine, there's a never ending supply of "new miners" looking to "strike it rich" in them thar hills .....

PEE ESS..... I'm not implying that all TREASURE MAP salesmen are a bad thing .
cause some TREASURE MAPS will indeed help the miner...just illustrating some observations and thoughts ....

..L.T.A.
meat that is about the smartest wrant I have heard on this board. so what does that make joe polish ,the treasure map salesman or the brothel owner :lol: ?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What you're not impressed with the Guru Treasure Maps? Shame shame on you! :p

jp.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
juniorc82 said:
so what does that make joe polish ,the treasure map salesman or the brothel owner :lol: ?

a TREASURE MAP salesman extraordinaire .
he's one of the few that did "strike it rich" selling treasure maps .
Not because his treasure maps are anything new or greater than anyone elses, but because he's a much better treasure map "salesman" and much better at mining gold from the miners

..L.T.A.

Jerry

Supportive Member
I went to SFS in January, its slow that time of year anyway, preloaded jobs ahead of time and scheduled jobs for the following week. I paid full price for SFS, a few months before the class, when I had money. I drove 10 hrs to get there and 12 back(snow storm) and it was worth every penny and time commitment. You have to want to go and learn.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
{QUOTE}Harper is old school and prefers to learn by having his dick knocked in the dirt instead of learning from other's mistakes, triumphs and hard earned knowledge.

It wasn't an OPTION...when I started my BIZ... :idea:
We learned by TRAIL & ERROR...
When "I" went to school...we didn't STUDY history..We were too busy MAKING "IT"...!gotcha!

Distributors were far & few between....We were limited to Janitorial Supply Companies.. :oops:

In many ways..It was a more RESPECTABLE business in those days... :cry:
Pricing & equipment were more CONSISTENT and the competition was at a minimum more HONEST...!!!

It was a "GOLD MINE"...and we were able to fly under the RADAR... 8)
ONCE...the MASS MARKETER'S discovered the niche market was profitable..?????
It became a 3 ring Circus of deception & lies... :oops:

Soon after the GAME WAS ON...!!!!!
EVERY...."Tom, Dick , & Harry"....that couldn't keep a minimum wage job..became a carpet
cleaner.. :roll: The EDUCATED will always PREY upon the IGNORANT.. :!:

THE MARKET WAS BORN....!!!!! NOT the cleaning industry...BUT the SELLING of "BLUE-SKY".!

The IDEA that all you had to do is BUY this equipment & chemicals...&... you would be an
INSTANT success... :roll: This FANTASY...is still "alive & well" today... :oops: NOW you
can go to "CARPET CLEANING COLLEGE" and become a educated FAILURE... 8) :roll:

"BUT WAIT"!!!!!!!!!!!....."THERES MORE"!!!!!!!!!!!.....Now that you are a member or the FraTeRnItY of the EDUCATED failures of the world... :idea: Why not scrape the bottom of the
barrel for the remaining SUCKERS & teach them the SAME SHIT that you have learned. :idea:

The "SUCK-SESS" of the industry is to continually be able to find "MARK'S" to perpetuate
their PONZI SCHEME upon...! AS the DECEPTION is now being revelled...? The TRUE industry
will have a CHANCE to survive.. 8)

The HONEST hard working companies will survive & rise to the top... !gotcha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom