I think I'm going to like the new place

Bob Foster

Sealed the deal today and move in on Dec 15th.

2011-11-18115951.jpg

I'm miss Red but I will have 17 horses for friends that act like big dogs. These are working horses used in a local tourist horse carriage business. They love to work and are spoiled rotten with care.

f2.jpg

http://www.tallyhotours.com/picture-gallery/

Speaking of big dogs, they have one and a border collie that the horses like to play with and two cats.

f1.jpg

2011-11-18115630.jpg

Becker

Name
Becker
The truck looks nice.
Nice color choices.

So how far is the garage from your RES, or are ya sleeping in an RV on the property?
Is the property on septic, or sewer.
I'm sure you have running water, but if on sewer do you have a dump station?

Chris A

Name
Chris
What kind of dog is that? He's like a bigger but identical version of our Howie...

Bob Foster

I won't inflict the loss of enjoyment on my neighbors of having them look out their front room window at a big ass box truck every night. I do occasionally bring it home like I have tonight but then again its dark out.

I have a disposal system in the new shop.

Becker

Name
Becker
Bob Foster said:
I won't inflict the loss of enjoyment on my neighbors of having them look out their front room window at a big ass box truck every night. I do occasionally bring it home like I have tonight but then again its dark out.

I have a disposal system in the new shop.

Hope you are a better cleaner than a question answer er.

Thought of Politics?

The place looks pretty damn rural..

I'd bet money the disposal system is not of the public sewer treatment type.

I'm guessing if the property is improved, it has a septic..

Kinda seems useless unless it has sewer, other than keeping the van warm.

Bob Foster

Geeze Becker, I could have never figured these things out without you....

The property is zoned agricultural and nobody comes to the property but me as I have no intention of running a drop off service. Its on sewer.

vp.jpg

My service area and the square is my shop. Center to all of it.

cl2.jpg

Becker

Name
Becker
I never said anything about drop off.

Looks like you had fun spending 10 mins answering a 5 letter question.. SEWER.

Still wondering the distance between home and the box truck..

But I lost interest.

Got to wonder about guys that rent sheds in the woods.

Bob Foster

10 minutes to the shop in case you're still interested. Its not practical or likely you could seriously clean rugs and also have a shop with equipment in the same space unless you have a huge garage and very understanding neighbors that would put up with the noise. To have a residential (semi-rural or rural) property that would accommodate this that was close to this service area would cost at the very least $800,000. Single family houses start at almost $500,000.

If you want to rent a bare bones 1000 sq ft commercial space in an industrial park in this area the minimum cost would exceed $3000 a month.

I'll gladly take this 1000 sq ft shop complete with a pleasant farm atmosphere and critters for $800. I am very adverse to debt and overhead. Its about making money for ME and not paying it out to someone else.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have 2 single car garages that I rent and I pay 55 per. Month... FREE electricity!! :lol: 8) A shop is just unneeded overhead for an owner op.. I do think about getting a place quite a bit, but I think I'll wait for the third van.

Bob Foster

Able 1 said:
[quote="Bob Foster":2jaj62kw] Its about making money for ME and not paying it out to someone else.

Oh, you bought the place? Congrats! 8)[/quote:2jaj62kw]
:cry: No, I can only wish. That place would be worth around 1.5.

Bob you do realize you make your money while you are in peoples homes.

You say you are planning on opening a rug plant. How many rugs do you currently clean monthly?

Do you have any employees?

I ask this because 500 sounds cheap, but at the end of the day you will be giving up a decent flat screen just to have a place to store things.

Ask Joey how he feels about spending 500 dollars a month to look at walls.

Again why do you need a shop?

Just curious.

Bob Foster

I'm not about to defend or explain my business plans. Just know that they are well thought out.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Bob Foster said:
[quote="Able 1":1acs2q64][quote="Bob Foster":1acs2q64] Its about making money for ME and not paying it out to someone else.

Oh, you bought the place? Congrats! 8)[/quote:1acs2q64]
:cry: No, I can only wish. That place would be worth around 1.5.[/quote:1acs2q64]

Your wife isn't cool with the wash pit being installed in your basement? Just seems a big step for an O/O scuba diver :!: I think instead of paying that rent(not sure what it is) get yourself a helper for everyday and I think you will be happier. !gotcha!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i have thought about it tons to....

but ill take my $500 ish a mth and pay for a new truck and trailer set up....

besides rent around here is min $800.....and i just couldnt stand (now) the thought of paying that much for nothing....

but i want one real bad...just not that bad

Becker

Name
Becker
Mikey P said:
boy, cold weather sure makes you a dick Donald.

LoL!!!

Been one of those weeks.

But really. Simple questions. Complex skirted answers.

He posted a pic. I was interested. Looking back. Sorry I was. But as I Said. I provided him a task.

Becker

Name
Becker
Alfalfa said:
boy, cold weather sure makes you a dick Donald.
It wasn't the weather, it was the down time when he was busy. He'll relax a little now that he's back up and running. :mrgreen:

Your truck does look great Bob! 8)

I missed on day. I was out of commission from 9:15 am till 6pm.

Connor

Name
Connor
Having a shop is nice because sometimes you just want to be away from it all. Having an conveniently distanced office is the best way to do it. Nice place, Bob.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom