"I was going to repair it myself"

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
This is the words of a customer that I attended her place yesterday. She had a light iron mark on her lounge room floor. Wool loop pile carpet in pretty good condition.

I said, 'you don't have to use my services, in fact if you would like, get another quote but please do not attempt it yourself'.

To which she replied, 'I was concerned about cutting the underlay or something' I struggled to keep a straight face :lol:

In the end, she gave me the go ahead and 35 minutes later I was on my way and she was in raptures at giving me a check for $135.00 :D

What have your customers said that made you bite your tongue to stop yourself from laughing at them?

John

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
30 year old synthetic backing over waffle pad, nylon carpet. all pad had deteriorated to the fine clay that it was. Wrinkles galore. "I'm having a guy come and clean this could you stretch out the wrinkles? :(

"Oh there is only a little furniture in the bedroom could you stretch out the wrinkles in there to and work around the furnture?" :evil:

"My Husband power washed the rug in the driveway and now its all brown and stiff.. how could we fix that?" :roll:

"Oh we clean our own carpets".... pulls out the mighty bissle steamer..."but this stain's just keep coming back." :?

"Oh we only tried a few products on that spot"... proceeds to get the pallet of products.."is there anything you can do?" :shock:

"Oh I don't think this needs restretched for a few years.." I calmy drag my feet and push a 8" wrinkle in the Middle.."Well I suppose we could wait until its 12"." :twisted:

jayjacques

Customer calls and says the furniture store told them to use household bleach to get a wear spot out on a leather sofa. when I get there it's 3 times as large as it started out.

For $250 I blend-dyed the leather seats on an extremely nice mercedes convertible a guy purchased from Beverly Hills. Then he points out 2 ugly looking cracks in his dash. I quote him $150 to repair to which he says, "Too much, I'll fix that myself"

I've had this one a few times, "Can you make it disappear before my husband gets home?" Not really funny. Pretty sick actually especially when you see the look of fear in their eyes.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
On the phone:

Your price for cleaning my couch was too high, so I called a less expensive company. The guy said to call you and ask how to clean it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom