If it was not for Rob

Name
cameron demille
Just to clarify, the fiberglass mesh does not offer any stability or strength, it's only used to keep the broken piece from falling away and landing on you.

To add a little strength you can use stainless steel dowels or pins. Drill into the side of the crack and pin it. Or you can cut a channel and add a rod to the underside.

Did you use epoxy or resin? There is a huge difference when it comes to repairs like this. Resin will use a hardener, either a liquid or paste. Epoxy will likely either mix 1:1, or 2:1 instead of using a hardener.

Reactions: GCCLee

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I repaired a piece of marble for myself using superglue. It last a few years before it broke again. I used epoxy and so far so good. It's a paper towel holder. I've never seen anything like that in anybody's house. Nice repair but I can't believe there is that much call for it

gene

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I repaired a piece of marble for myself using superglue. It last a few years before it broke again. I used epoxy and so far so good. It's a paper towel holder. I've never seen anything like that in anybody's house. Nice repair but I can't believe there is that much call for it

gene

The brown one we already bought, paid $400 for the table replacement (we broke it before I took Rob's class). We lucked out on the coffee table, it came with three other pieces, the owner liked the repair (after we broke it). It would have been a couple of $k's to replace them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom