If Someone supports someone that calls you an idiot..

John Olson

Name
John Olson
...arn't they calling you and Idiot too?

I am amazed that Les, Jon-Don, Interlink and whoever else still supports the Allens and have the nerve to come to this board. By supporting their board with money they are supporting their ideals. Since the Allens think each and everyone of us are idiots then the people who support the Allens think the same about us and if you support those people with your money then your agreeing with them that your an idiot.

From the very begining I said I would not ever support the allens nor their board. I was banned immediatly because I would not buy advertising. My values are way more important then a couple extra sales. It is the same reason we do not have a cleaning or a restoration company. Sure we may not have the money some of these other guys do but when I look you in the eye and shake your hand you know my only concern is you, your family and your buisness.

So are you guys going to step up and ask Les, Jon-Don and Interlink why they think your and idiot or let it slide?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

WTF?
it's none of MY damn business what biz chooses to advertise there

. My values are way more important then a couple extra sales. It is the same reason we do not have a cleaning or a restoration company. Sure we may not have the money some of these other guys do but when I look you in the eye and shake your hand you know my only concern is you, your family and your buisness.

huh?
how does having a cleaning/restoration division compromise your values?
as long as you're not consciously soliciting your custy's contacts in an effort to steal them, your ethics haven't been compromised.

On the other hand, I could see how a CC'r may not want to do biz with a local supplier that's also in direct competition with them.
So it may be a good "biz" decision to not alienate local custys, but it's not an ethical issue

So are you guys going to step up and ask Les, Jon-Don and Interlink why they think your and idiot or let it slide?

I think you're an idiot, but it wouldn't stop me from buying from you if you had something I wanted.
It also wouldn't stop me from donating to a worthy cause if you personally were to solicit donations

side bar.... there's a whole lot folks that apparently got ripped off by BP and their marketing scam/debacle .
If I recall, weren't they once trying to sell a steam cleaning system to the general public with advertising along the lines of
"never need a pro CC'r again" ?

Did you stop stocking BP products?
or are you still "supporting" a biz that has ripped off hard working CC'rs and at one time or tried to "put them out of biz" with their "DIY" cleaning system?

do you see how far we can go with this?

I too think Rob is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
But it's simply none of MY business where ANOTHER business chooses to advertise

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
John you're getting too bothered by it, until they actually say it, I think you putting words in their mouth.

To stop dealing with them because of whom they are associated with is like one of your customers to quit buying from you, simply because you also sell to his competition.

I wouldn't spend any time worrying about it!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
John is just expressing his LOYALTY.......

He just LIVES his LIFE.....The way he does BUSINESS.... "HE can't be BOUGHT"...

GOOD for you John.....STAND YOUR GROUND... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Name
Shawn Forsythe
I have to agree with Harper.

John is simply asking people who might feel similarly to stand with him. I don't think anybody is necessarily right or wrong to do so. If he wants to express respect for someone, or a group of people, as long as he is sincere....there is nothing wrong with that.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I admire John's loyalty but Larry makes a lot of good points that are simply undeniable.

For all we know one or several advertisers on THAT board laid down an ultimatum and that is why Rob removed the evidence of his stupidity. That is the way it should be but we'll never know. It took quite a long time but finally Evan laid down the law on his board and the Allens abuse of ICS has been toned down considerably.
Personally, I'll make my purchases according to what's best for my Company, in most cases. Never will any of my purchases be made because of where a supplier chooses to advertise.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I was just talking to Evan a couple of days ago and he still insists that the Allens don't get any special treatment on his board.

I agree with John that the name calling.

Even going to the level of making and featuring a video making Mikey look like a buffoon is going too far..

It's making their advertisers look bad.

If Mikey wants to be a buffoon. I say, let him do it himself.

I mean if it was a video about someone else, like maybe Brian it might have been OK. (JK)

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I wouldn;t know about any name calling there cause I don't go there. I'm with Meat and the others who said not my concern where they advertise, they are looking for clients and obviously they put a value on people who go there.

-JB-

Name
JB
Good post John, good on ya!

More people should live by their convictions and not the almighty dollar, the world would be a better place.

W

War Monger

What kind of convictions does a person have who tries to improve his own standing by discrediting his competitors? If your products and services were good, you would not have to resort to these kinds of tactics.

It reminds me of the crabpot syndrome. When one crab sees one of his buddies about to escape the pot, he reaches up to pull him back in. I guess it is a lot easier to do that than to just offer a quality product and service yourself.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Wow, what's more amazing is that the Carpet Scantist made a Clean Room post!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The Carpet Scientist said:
What kind of convictions does a person have who tries to improve his own standing by discrediting his competitors?

in fairness to John, I'm sure that wasn't his intention
I'm also sure he's a good man

an idiot sometimes, but a good man none the less
and I'm sure he means well

..L.T.A.

W

War Monger

The Chosen One said:
[quote="The Carpet Scientist":1j7l05n0]What kind of convictions does a person have who tries to improve his own standing by discrediting his competitors?

in fairness to John, I'm sure that wasn't his intention
I'm also sure he's a good man

an idiot sometimes, but a good man none the less
and I'm sure he means well

..L.T.A.[/quote:1j7l05n0]

Hmmmm.....Yes....I'm sure....his motives are pure as the driven snow. No hidden agenda there. No Sir!

Name
George Valliant
I like it here at Mikeysboard and yes I take offense to *** for being critical of us.

That Baaaa Sheeep thing wasn't cool. Mikey handled it like a pro. I'm proud to be a paying member here. How many of you can say the same for the other?

I don't want to burn bridges but I do not feel comfortable supporting vendors who support ***.

Mikeysboard is my home. Do you like people attacking your home? I don't. And I don't like people who support people that attack my home.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I've been a idiot many times in my life and will probably be an idiot again and again but I can tell you it will never be "just buisness" with me. I stand by my statements. The advertisers on the allens board agree with their behavior and buisness policy of saying whatever is nesseccary to turn a buck. If they didot they wouldn't be paying them and thus allowing them to buy credibility.
P.S. I don't carry bridgepoint/interlink. I am a CRW distributor and carry the many items they have exclusive rights too.

P.S.S.the reasons I started this thread is because someone asked me to because i'm idiot to tell the truth even when there's no profit in it.

W

War Monger

I didn't like the attacks on Mikey any more than anybody else, but I disagree with the premise that a person who advertises on that board somehow condones those personal attacks.

This was obviously not an attempt to stick up for Mikey. It was an attempt by John to discredit his competitors. I am sure Mikey understands that this is just business. Business people don't get quite so emotional. They make logical decisions, based on what is best for the company.

How many carpet cleaning forums are there for people to advertise on? Four? If you are not one of the big guys and need to use guerilla marketing techniques, you advertise on forums and skip the $4,0000 pr month magazine ads so you can stay in business AND provide a superior product at a competitive price. Low overhead is the name of the game. This way the customer and the manufacturer both win.

Now, if you want to eliminate one of those advertising outlets because a few people have quarrels with their owners, then you have taken away 1/4 of a manufacturers advertising outlets. What would you do, if you were a manufacturer in this situation? Stop advertising with that outlet and raise prices on your existing customers to offset the difference? Or maybe all the little guys could just go out of business and let the big companies overcharge cleaners for an inferior product.

It is really obvious to ME what John is up to. You guys can't see through this nonsense? Gimme a break!

T

The Magician

John I think your a idiot cause you jump out of airplanes like I do. I would buy from ya.

Now you see it...But where??

Mikey P

Administrator
The worlds needs more John Olsens imo.

Good for you buddy.

John does not make squat off this board. He pays for a banner to support IT/US.
Reading anything more into him just wanting to see other suppliers do the right thing is just nonsense.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The advertisers on the allens board agree with their behavior and buisness policy of saying whatever is nesseccary to turn a buck.

who was it that said *** was industry bought and ran........oh wait..it was me...

Able 1

Name
Keith
I buy from John only because of the Jelly Bellys... Other then that, I would go somewhere else. :mrgreen:

Like I'm one to talk on this subject :shock:

Mikey P

Administrator
Yukoms, you are just plain all around annoying.

ICS as more members then *** and MB has 3 times the posts.

Very few actually take part in the not so festivities over there.

it is boring as hell though so it's too bad that Rob wont let you hawk your junk there

Name
I'm Rick James
Its business, not personal.

Those business have a job to reach as many people as they can to sell their product with the littlest amount of resources. Advertising in forums that thousands of their target market is, really a no brainer.

Dont worry about the Allens, they are digging their own grave in this industry with their antics and childish behavior. Look his own thread got shut down, very suprised it wasnt deleted. Someone bitch slapped Rob. Maybe it was his own people speaking up against him that caused the month long mission to be cut short to only a day.

I dont think this thread was started to single out other dealers. He seems like a passionate man and has a hard time figuring out why the allens are still around. Just to let you guys know I cheat on you and visit other non carpet cleaning forums and have never seen one ran like theres.

I like this forum, it has helped me alot. The comradery is amazing. Despite the egos, when someone needs help here, there are lineing up to help. There is alot of good character people here, you guys should be proud of this little world everyone created here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom