If you haven't gotten a Sanitaire VibraGroomer I now, you better hurry!

My VG I got the pulley busted by a nail today. Wanted to buy the pulley assemble, just a bit of pot metal...

My main vendor doesn't have it, it is discontinued. Another vendor has 1 left, same price as the whole GD brush roll, so I go back to look for a brush roll from my regular vendor (Hesco). Reduced to $35, while supplies last.
You need the brush roll, you need 2 short beater bar supports, 2 long beater bar supports, 2 short beater bars, 2 long beater bars. The whole kit should run you about $75 delivered. You pull off the end caps and pull out the brushes. Replace with beater bars and support strips, this is how you make a Sanitaire rug beater. It will fit into a SC-888 -887, etc type vacuum. The new VG II brush roll is much simpler. It has two brushes and two beater bars. It is about 1/2 the effectiveness of the double bar VG I. The beater bar is part of the roll and the brushes can only be replaced with brushes. I am going to guess the 16" parts are drying up too. I think I'm going to make a 16" rug beater soon.
The VG I comes with brushes, not beater bars. The supplies are drying up. You've been warned.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom