I'm new here, stirring some shiz up.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
For you market a quality portable will serve you just fine. To get heat, buy an inline heater like the kleenrite heatrite 2. In my personal opinion and based on experience with 2 of them, the Ninja Worrier isn't your best choice.The Cat pump is a much better pump than the pumptec for longevity. You'll want dual 3 stage vacuum motors. Stay away from internal heaters as they cook your components, like your pump and motors. Ditto on the 175. I can easily make 5 to 800 bucks a day with my portable and still be home for supper.And don't pay help in cash! It's an expense that can be written off and doing that will get the bean counter taxmen poking through your poop to count the strawberry seeds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Valentine

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
It's an expense that can be written off and doing that will get the bean counter taxmen poking through your poop to count the strawberry seeds.
That was wonderful. I pay my help in cash but I keep track of it. I spoke with my CPA and he said to just leave things as they are right now but told me to from a Single Member LLC which I still need to do.

So what would you recommend for me to use as a porty?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
For those not from 4 corners states, Travis could have a contract to clean every commercial building in Monticello once a week and still have plenty of spare time.

Once you get enough experience to feel comfortable, you will definitively want to expand to other cities. Just because there is competition there is no reason to stay away. Every cleaner here has competition. Most still do pretty well.

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Every cleaner here has competition.
That is actually a sign that there is a demand for the services you offer. A good thing!

If there is little or no competition, its likely there is little demand for the service.

The next steps is to get them to use you and not the other guy.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
You say buy a good Vac, what is meant by this, are you talking about getting a good vacuum for before you spray ? Or be sure the porty has a good Vac on it?
A good vac for hair, dirt, sand to be used before you clean

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I wouldn't worry about getting better equipment until you can properly set up a business.
Agreed. Do you have proper liability and business insurance in place now? Slipery slope if you don't....and if you are paying your guys under the table. Way too much risk. Only takes one screw up and your dream of doing this is gone....And the wife will be even less happy.

Nice to see an upstart on here. Tell your wife you just found a 10 year head start for free.
Yes, you will be ahead of the game. And if you want to get even farther ahead, get yourself to Jon Don's Stratigies for Success Seminar as soon as you can. Seriously....if you want to make this your full time gig, you need to go through that program. It will put you another 10 years ahead....

The first thing you should do is take a day or two off. Spend one day with a proffesional cleaner. Use a Truckmount. Watch the production rates. Then make equipment choices. You can squander a lot of time and money if your not careful.
Agreed, again. Lots of great info here. Not to say you won't ultimately decide to go with a porty for your needs, but you really should do a ride along and get some time on a truck mount before you invest in anything.

Name
Marcus
Travis...go talk to the guy selling the bus. Work with him a day or a job ask about his truckmount and work load gross vs net........
At the least you will know what the market in your area will hold...
A good truckmount with a wand and glide is all you'll need...no employees needed for your amount of work.
You'll be pushing 4-5000$ with a rotovac plus portable......
You can always get a used truckmount around 5000$. and soup it up with propane or kero heat!!!!!
Truckmount will give you at least 3-4 times the vacuum and a lot less haste.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Will they clean well with just a two jet wand or would you recommend something like the CX-15?...........................................With a portable would a Rotovac 360i Work well?

As a newbie starting out, I can not stress enough the importance of learning how to efficiently and effectively clean with a good wand, and to avoid falling for the romance of a rotary extractor.

Cleaning with a wand is CC 101, and should be mastered before moving on to any other tools.

Let John pick your wand to match your equipment.

Baby steps.

Reactions: Russ T. and Willy P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If yous know what's good for you, you'd practice the art of declining politely.
Be firm.
Be scared.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Willy what we have here is a failure to conversate...............I am the Alpha male..............you work for me.

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
Cleaning with a wand is CC 101, and should be mastered before moving on to any other tools.
I like this. And I agree that it would be good to learn a wand well. I am going to the class here in april to do some training and if I have the money saved up by then I will purchase my equipment and take it home at that time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom