Impressed With Cimex???

R

R W

I did a job today with a rented Cimex from another cleaner. Now, I have demoed the Cimex before, and thought it was a neat tool to have. This was a CGD beige carpet, which had problems from the install about 6-8 years ago (Beauliu??) And the employees spill every thing on this carpet. I wanted to try something other that the usual HWE. I started off with ProCaps Later for solution. It seemed to work well. I remembered that I had some SW Mist and Brush and some Releasit D2 in the van, so I tried both of those products. They all seemed to perform about the same, with the Releasit foaming the most.

I did go through 2 sets of pads in maybe 5-7000SF of carpet. I think it is a neat tool to have, it is not for unmaintained carpet. Combined with HWE, it can keep the appearance of the carpet acceptable. I will have to go back tomorrow and see how it looks after drying completely.

You using this on a regular schedule??

CleanEvo

I used to use it a lot, but now use it less.

It does have its place and can work really well, just don't use it all the time without a good flushing now and then. The soild load builds up a lot when you use the Cimex exclusively.

I've tried several different encap juices and releasit does work best with the Cimex.

R

R W

Well, I got a call from the building manager today, and he was impressed with the Cimex job! I just wasn't sure how it would look after a day, but it satisfied the customer.

Mikey P

Administrator
Yeah, loaning out a Cimex is a pretty bad idea.

I let Chuck Robbins use mine to shampoo a Airplane hanger a few years back.

Being the ultimate broke dick he did not buy any pads to do the job so when he ran my 3 pads down he just kept going.

Amazing how well Velcro works on olefin glue down..

Name
Nate W.
Mikey P said:

Being the ultimate broke dick he did not buy any pads to do the job so when he ran my 3 pads down he just kept going.

:shock:

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Bought one this summer, thing just about paid for itself on its first job. The client was very pleased with the results. I have used it about 6 times all on cgd, like has been said here its another great tool to have in the tool box.

Personally would not use it exclusively forever on highly soiled cgd, I am trying to work out a price structure for deep hwe restorative cleanings followed up with cimex interim cleanings.

I think you will find if you buy one it will pay for itself pretty quick.

R

R W

Mikey P said:

Well, I did pay for the rental, and I had a few sets of pads, just in case. I'm glad I brought them along. Are there any other pads available, or just the scrubbie looking pads....white fiber?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Talk to Jimmy Olas! Him and his company runs 3 Cimex doing several thousand sqft per week. He will have an idea how to set up maintenance plans. Zee

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Are there any other pads available, or just the scrubbie looking pads....white fiber?

I think the ones you are referring to are called beige pads, there are also gray pads which are a little more aggressive.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Jeff Cutshalls business is based on the same principle of business maintenance with the cimex system. Maybe he'll chime in here as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom