Ink on Granite

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Custy used some Acetone and lightened it but still not all the way out..Suggestions?

Attachments

• ink stain.jpg
    ink stain.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 315

srosen

Name
stuart rosen
Agree with Mikey keep trying-
Dont rub-if the acetone doesnt get it all try below.
Try paper towels folded about 6-8 ply high placed on top of the stain.
Wet the towels with some bleach and let sit for an hour or two-
Should do the trick-if not maybe an overnight poultice of hydrogen peroxide

Mikey P

Administrator
Stuart knows..

Try Isopropyl too.

Soak a paper towel in it fold it over the spot and cover with plastic wrap and seal the edges with blue tape

srosen

Name
stuart rosen
Mikey makes a good point-when we first started doing this we chased every stain that came our way.
Some came out some didnt-others were 98.5% and some folks would give us a hard time about our time!
They didn't want to pay-Poulticing is something you do when your onsite for a larger job. If there isn't revenue there teach them for sure-

Reactions: Mikey P

Bryan Thomson

Supportive Member
Name
Bryan Thomson
Agree with Mikey P......isolate isolproply poultice w/ plastic and tell customer to re apply as necessary. Tell customer you'll come by to check progress after a couple of days and then when you arrive to check book cleaning of T&G , carpet , upholstery... I'll bet you get an easy good paying job just because you " paid it forward" by not charging them to fix their major stain of a expensive surface like granite.

Reactions: Mikey P

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Wet the area with StainZONE. Cover with Stain Absorb with stone for a poultice.

The professionally formulated version works a bit better than the Heloise methods mentioned above.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Scott, would the professional products lock you into making the trips out there to apply, or would you sell/give them the products?

Name
cameron demille
Ink = Hydrogen Peroxide. Every time.

you have to be careful with ink stains and solvents, you can actually dilute them and carry them deeper into the stone.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Scott, would the professional products lock you into making the trips out there to apply, or would you sell/give them the products?

When reasonable, I prefer to apply the products rather than trust a home-owner to do it right. I may ask them to wait a day or two and then sweep up the dried powder. But considering the customers and the price charged for cleaning granite, I want them to know I am the expert. Don't give them ideas to try and clean it themselves with something off the shelf.

Reactions: dgardner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom