inside Dan Joiner's vortex

rhyde

Name
rhyde
WOW, it's a different vortex all-together

How do you get to the belts under the truck?

vortex1-1.jpg

vortex2-1.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Wow is right...

Big difference for sure.

Looks like a lot of unscrewing to be done for maintenance.

But I guess thats the price you have to pay to keep your hearing.

Slick.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
trapping heat would scare me...............

that thing needs to breath
what is the little round black thing...............please tell me that is not a fan......

bet the grease and oil break down faster
it is nice but it does look like a maintenance night mare..........

Dan Joner

That thing does breathe. See the exhaust fan on the right corner of the box? That little fan moves a lot of air.

Since I haven't had to get inside the box, I'm not sure yet how much work it will be. But it is quieter.

The reconfiguration of the heat exchangers changes the layout a bit. Also, the diverter valve has been redesigned to improve reliability.

If you look at the floor you will notice that the floor is now covered with a glued down rubberized mat. I'm very impressed with this. It helps with sound deadening and provides a durable, slip resistant surface.

Thanks, Randy, for posting the pictures.

Bob Foster

I'd be putting a whole bunch of wing studs on those panels to make it easy to unbutton.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
do you think that if there were a few vents in the side /sides of that box so that that fan can pull air threw and exhaust out would increase the noise level??

How much heat do you think that fan will take..............
I ask because of the heat we generate here in the desert...........

and if you don't mind.....what is the other box that sits behind the blower with the round top

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
The other box is the added blower heat exchanger. The 7000 HAT doesn't need greasing so you only have to get to the blower once every 1000 hours for lube changes ( the new synthetic oil goes forever ) and to replace the belts.

I wonder how long it takes to take that box off? I was told a few min. but who knows, it looks like it make take longer to me.

Greenie

300º blower exhaust qualifies as a heat source, there are two blower exchangers in that mailbox, I'm sure it's a nice boost just from the volume of heated solution that is avail. at any given time.

The cooling fan is probably adequate for the box, most of the blowers cooling occurs from the spinning lobes not the radiant body.

Is the inside of the box lined with sound absorbing material?

Dan Joner

Yes, it is insulated.

Understand, I am a Vortex rookie, I don't have all the answers to compare the new model with previous models. However, I can tell you this unit generates more heat than I want, even running two Greenhorn wands. Last night we cleaned a restaurant/bar that had gone far too long between cleanings. The temp stayed at 260 with both wands moving at very slow cleaning strokes. I usually use an RDM, but I wanted to see how it would clean using only the wands. It worked well, but my hands and legs feel blistered.

Dan Joner

I've heard you were doing that. I'll have to give it a go. Anything that makes for a fast, yet thorough, job is appealing to me.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
AdamHale said:
I wonder how long it takes to take that box off? I was told a few min. but who knows, it looks like it make take longer to me.

looks to me like a 1/2" nut driver on a cordless drill would make short work of it

..L.T.A.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Jim

The blower exhaust goes from under the blower up through the heat exchangers and back down under the truck. The new ones don't blow out the side melting bushes and plants. They are exhausted out the back.

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Coil copper tubing around the armature of the fan motor and run a portion of your cold water intake through it. This will keep the motor cool enough in this high heat.

Your welcome

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Studebaker said:
Coil copper tubing around the armature of the fan motor and run a portion of your cold water intake through it. This will keep the motor cool enough in this high heat.

Your welcome

fresh water tank is heated it would cook the motor in no time

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom