Internet protocol- Why do some emails I send, go to clients' spam folder?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It happens, more than I'd like, that some of the emails I send to clients, go directly to their spam folder.

1. Does that happen on my side or is it their service provider?
  2. Does it identify me as spammer? (I send at best 10- 15 emails a day, so I don't see any reason I should be.)
  3. If yes, is there anything I can do to correct it?
Thanks

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thanks Fred.
None of the detailed in that Article seem to apply. I don't have emails campaigns etc.
The last specific one was an initial email by me , the client sent a reply and my reply to hers went to their spam.

The only thing I don't quite understand is:

"Coding in your campaign: Spam filters can be triggered by sloppy code, extra tags, or code pulled in from Microsoft Word. We recommend using one of our templates or working with a designer."

What's tags or code pulled from Microsoft Word? I do use Microsoft Outlook and I do have some of the emails copied and pasted from Microsoft Word documents, it is my word processor. Also in some emails I may use visual symbols like Green Seal, Eco-Logo etc.

FredC

Village Idiot
if you copy/paste from word usually code is copied with it...

same thing happens here

I posted that article because it explains spam filters/firewalls

FredC

Village Idiot
Impossible for me to know. It could just be that your site is not whitelisted. Maybe one of your customers marked it as spam in the past. Could have content that seems benign to you but triggers the filter.

hard to even guess without knowing the the message content, your composer, and the recipients service. Then it would still be a guess.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
I will say we do end up in spam sometimes

What is Strange in your case Ofer, is that you already established a dialog, and your reply went to spam. I don't think that has ever happened to us.

My only suggestion, not good one, is mail from an Apple product

Reactions: ruff

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Take a look at the header/subject line of the message you sent or the titles of any attachments. Any words that might be flagged by a spam filter as marketing terms? One friend used What a Deal to alert me to a great price he'd found on something, and often replies from Craigslist end up in the spam folder.

Maybe it's the Macedonian e-mail server you use.

Reactions: ruff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom