Interview with Mike Pailliotet 10/17/2007

Tahoesteve

I agree Mike...

Translated it means:

"he remembered my dog's name" = he listened when I spoke = he listens because he cares = because he cares he will do the best job possible on my carpets.

The Preacher

have you eve been rude to a customer??? would you do so now knowing the LTV of 36k+ of every potential customer>>>

Mikey P

Administrator
Danny Strickland said:
DO YOU LIKE cHUCK OR oDIN MORE???

Odin is way more creative and much better at getting under my skin.

Chuck is just a wanna be.
He and Vince will never live up to their master.

They would do better tying to emulate you Danny. Inconstancies in character are much easier to get away with if everyone thinks your a loser.

Mikey P

Administrator
Danny Strickland said:
have you eve been rude to a customer??? would you do so now knowing the LTV of 36k+ of every potential customer>>>

I've lost it with plenty. Thing is they were all nut jobs and I wouldn't want to do business with them of their circle of friends anyways.

And my LTV is probably twice that or more. That figure was for your average BDCC.

Mikey P

Administrator
ronald pantelas said:
Mikey, If you were cleaning commercial restaurants. What temp would you set your vortex. What flow do you run with your wand, psi. Thanks, Ron

My older V will only get up to 220 if I am dualing with two 012 flow wands..

I'll make of for that loss of heat by using a green pad to bust the grease loose.

Mikey P

Administrator
Larry Cobb said:
Mikey;

CRI can make there presence known more than IICRC can.

They have a lot more clout and dealers to influence the public.

Larry

'Can" but will they utilize the common media that the average homeowner is likely to notice?

Sure would be nice.

Mikey P

Administrator
bob vawter said:
Mike, in honor of this festive occasion i am currently wearing the Mikey PeeTee...the one that i got for killing you that time......i think i will be cremated in that shirt...any comments?

You need a new one.

I have a extra XXl sitting here, will that fit over your colostomy bag or do you need a XXXXXl?

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
you guys dont know what rude to a custy is till you do a job with me, my belt buckle alone sets some of them off

but most call me back , my helper blames my rudeness to them, on me being Irish

Mikey P

Administrator
truckmount girl said:
How do you think big, multi-truck companies effect the public's image of carpet cleaning? Are they good or bad for owner/op's and the industry in general?

Take care,
Lisa

I can only speak of Coit's and Stanley's image in my market. Most home owners know by now that they do sloppy work and the potential for damage is high. They are also very aware the the guy doing the work will not have a firm grasp of the English language or even a remote understanding of what TACT means.

Slum lord managers are willing to take that risk for the low price and false security of doing business with a large company.

In a way they are both good and bad, they bring up public awareness with their heavy advertising that it's Carpet Cleaning time but there are so many home owners that have been burned and burned again that they no longer feel it's even possible to actually get a carpet cleaned.

Mikey P

Administrator
Danny Strickland said:
are you sad that Odin hasn't pipped in tonight???

of all the PITA's here, who is yore fav???

I called him to see if he would be on.

He had two Blockbusters to bang out by midnight before the Foo Young Mayflower would let him in.

Danny, you know that you'll always hold that special place in my heart.

Maybe I'll get a tattoo of a flaming cross made from two corncobs to show my respect in return.

Tahoesteve

Hey Mike,

I know the hot seat is over but....

Do you think there will ever be a franchise in our industry that will " do it right" or will it always be up to the local cleaner that cares?

Mikey P

Administrator
bob vawter said:
ALRIGHT MIKEY...here yor big chance...admit to ever one how many times a week that you call me askin' for advice......GO ON!

I call Bob about once a week when I run out of new Motorcycle magazines to keep me entertained while on the pot.

If Bob wasn't hyperventilating all the time he would be much easier to talk to.

I really wish he would make it out to MF. If we could pinch off his meds I bet he would be a blast to hang with.

Mikey P

Administrator
meAt said:
damn, i forgot all about this thing.

sorry, vEEgs
But you know i love you

bed time now

,,L,T.A.

Damn, and I wanted to rub this in till it hurt....lol!!!

Lisa, that idea has merrit.
You know i love vEEgs and consider him a friend.
BUT...as long as he's the main attraction on the board
(and he will be if he's the moderator)
he'll put off a LOT of peeps with his style.
Most won't have the chutzpa or the inclination to jump into that fire unless they happen to be on his "A" list.

There may be a few quality contributers, but most will be Mike wannabes and manufactures/suppliers on the "vEgan approved" list

Mikey P

Administrator
Tahoesteve said:
Hey Mike,

I know the hot seat is over but....

Do you think there will ever be a franchise in our industry that will " do it right" or will it always be up to the local cleaner that cares?

It ain't over till John Watson sings....

If you listen to Ken Snow it's been done.
But you and I both know that no one will treat Mrs Brady like an OO will.

Even if you were to pay a tech 125g's a year he would still not go the same distance that a OOwner who wants to make them all cheerleaders will.

Techs dont care where the next job comes from as long as it comes.

OO's do.

Hell, just last night I lost sleep over a job that another member here an I were both bidding on. Total pita job but because they were repeats that decided to get another bid I was worried that I blew it the last time out.

Mikey P

Administrator
cu said:
you guys dont know what rude to a custy is till you do a job with me, my belt buckle alone sets some of them off

but most call me back , my helper blames my rudeness to them, on me being Irish

Cu, dont fool yourself, they dont understand a word your uttering.

Most of them think you're either flirting or suffering from Turrets.

G

If a tree in the forest fell, but there was no one there to hear it, would it make a sound?

Mikey P

Administrator
I personally believe the U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh...people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education like such as South Africa and, uh, the Iraq everywhere like, such as and...I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., err, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our...

Mikey P

Administrator
truckmount girl said:
[quote="Mikey P":192va84e][quote="truckmount girl":192va84e]Do you use a rinsing agent, or are you a proponent of clear water rinsing?

Take care,
Lisa

I have tried it all Lisa and find that lots and lots of good soft water does as well as anything.

But I like to use lots of prespray and scrubin when needed.

If I were SSing all day I would run a emulsifier.[/quote:192va84e]

My sentiments exactly, I flound LESS resoil with a clear water rinse than the IICRC approved acid rinses....much less.

Take care,
Lisa[/quote:192va84e]

How is that Michael "S" Soap Free Rinse working out for you?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
He used it in our house the last two times it was cleaned, and it's done great. Of course he also had 260 degrees, high flow, a super AT, 2.5" hose, etc., etc....carpets were dry to the touch and to move furniture on in 10 minutes.

Seriously, if I was an ignorant Mrs. Pif and Schoeny charged 3 X's what everyone else did, I'd hire him. His set up works.

Take care,
Lisa

hogjowl

Idiot™
Great interview, Mike. Sorry I missed it, but we go to bed when the sun goes down here in Alabama. I do have a question that I think has not been asked of you.

What do you do to keep in touch with your current customer base? Do you send out a regular newsletter, or post card?

If so, do you use a service like John Don for your newsletter, or do you write it yourself?

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:
Great interview, Mike. Sorry I missed it, but we go to bed when the sun goes down here in Alabama.

Umm, you don't have electricity there either? Kinda like Island Boy.

Mikey P

Administrator
admiralclean said:
Great interview, Mike. Sorry I missed it, but we go to bed when the sun goes down here in Alabama. I do have a question that I think has not been asked of you.

What do you do to keep in touch with your current customer base? Do you send out a regular newsletter, or post card?

If so, do you use a service like John Don for your newsletter, or do you write it yourself?

When my wife is in the mood she sends out Thank You cards.. I just asked her when the last time she sent them and I got the "I have been taking care of your sick mother for the last 3 months so stfu" look.

We send out a 20% of card each Feb but other then that we dont do squat.

I live in a pretty small town so a lot of my customers see me driving around through out the year.

I leave free Spotter bottles for those that spend over $300, does that count?

Mikey P

Administrator
Steve Smith said:
[quote="Mikey P":2om3mpqe][quote="Steve Smith":2om3mpqe][quote="Steve Smith":2om3mpqe]Do you realize that the cost of living where you live is much higher than other parts of the country?

:?:[/quote:2om3mpqe]

Really? I had no idea.[/quote:2om3mpqe]

Do you think your prices are really that high considering the cost of living in Santa Cruz?[/quote:2om3mpqe]

Many of my regualr customers would (and do) pay 70 to 80 cents a foot. But we have to quote .50 to the new ones if we expect the price shoppers to book.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom