iPhone 6?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I am an android fan (had an IPhone for a very little while few years back) My wife was on the iPhone for about 2 years then switched her over to the Samsung.....She won't go back to the IPhone.

We like the clarity and screen size on our Samsung S5 phones.

My son in law just got the Note 3. I almost did too, but I smashed my S5 (truck tires with a lot of weight do that I guess) about a week before it came out and I couldn't wait as I do everything on my phone. Got a new S5 under my insurance package and just decided to stay with it for now.

Son in Law loves his Note 3. He carries it in his pockets...and we just use the skinny cases with them.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm pretty sold already on the standard 6. Going to get either the 64 or 128 GB, 16 would be way too small for me.

I'm probably the opposite from most, having started with the Galaxy S1,3, & 4. Then I went to the iPhone 5. I was initially shocked and disappointed with the small screen but have grown to love it and depend on it daily. Very slick. Things I use all the time are trouble free. Camera on my iPhone 5 is way better and more useable than the S4 even though it has less megapixels. Just quicker.

The Clean Machine

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Russ, is your iPad on a carrier network or do you have to hotspot to use It? I still have the iPhone 5s and iPad Air but my iPad has its own data all the time on the Verizon network.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
My wife just got the iphone 6 plus. Looks good. All of my family has ijunk, but I just can't do it.

Can't get past the fact you can't swap a battery, or add more memory.

The real kicker is that they didn't adopt the industry standard micro usb cord for charging and data transfer. Total disregard for the environment IMO.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Russ, is your iPad on a carrier network or do you have to hotspot to use It? I still have the iPhone 5s and iPad Air but my iPad has its own data all the time on the Verizon network.

I use my phone as a hotspot.

Name
BradFenstermaker
FYI we just started using Square for Credit card payment. The tiny swiper is working great with I4.

Swiping on site logs your location if you needed that info later. Option to email or text custy a receipt.

Love my Tab 3 8in for home surfing. Prob stay with Iphone for calls

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Square was one of the reasons I switched to the note 3...I could not get it to work very well when they switched everything over. ...probably got it all straightened out by now....I bought a tablet to go with my note 3...but I don't even use it. ..like my iPad much better. ....I can hot spot it..or anything I want to use.......

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Square works well on my iPhone 5 but those plastic swiper deals don't seem to last me very long.

Kipp

Name
kip
I think I would wait for one more year for the next one... I think it will have that new glass that is suppose to be almost indestructible.

The plant where they were suppose to build that glass was by my old house in Mesa. Originally it was built for First Solar then they sold to the company that was contracted by Apple...last month they announced Apple dropped the contract and they laid off hundreds of employees and selling of the equipment ..anyway don't know if they dropped the concept entirely or just that company

Kipp

Name
kip
I have the 6 plus and love it. Biggest advantage for me over the 6 is the battery is much bigger. The 1080 res is nice to.

Reactions: Russ T.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You guys take payments using the least secure phone platform ever devised? Crossing fingers and knocking on wood for you.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The internet. Sites like The Wall Street Journal, CNN, The New York Times, Google, Apple Support...

You think all those celebs got their booty pics stolen from their Blackberrys?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
1st off security on an iPhone is different than using an app designed to run on android and iOS by a third party like elavon thru Costco.

I love my 6 and the phone doesn't store customer credit card info. If your hacked at the point of sale that would be the biggest threat I would think.

Don't store booty photos in your phone or cloud all you need is a iCloud email and password to get in.

Becker

Name
Becker
Just ordered the iPhone 6 today. Just could not consider the 6 plus.

Tech gets my 5s

5 goes on ebay bet I get 250-300 with otterbox.

Now I need to get a new ipad my 1st gen is just to old.

Reactions: SamIam

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
You'll love the newer iPads. I got the iPad Air about a month ago. Ordered it direct from Apple "certified refurbished" is as good as new (new battery and case). I got the 32GB version for @ $400. I couldn't bring myself to spend $600 on the Air 2.

So looking forward to the 6.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Well I got the 6. Coming from the 5, software is all the same and feels comfortable and familiar.

The bigger size just feels strange. The iPhone was always a device designed to be operated with 1 hand....that is changing.

Honestly considering going with the 5s instead but don't want to jump ship too early. I think Verizon gives me 15 days to decide.

Anyone else experience this weird adjustment.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Just ordered the iPhone 6 today. Just could not consider the 6 plus.

Tech gets my 5s

5 goes on ebay bet I get 250-300 with otterbox.

Now I need to get a new ipad my 1st gen is just to old.
Love my air pad 2

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Well I got the 6. Coming from the 5, software is all the same and feels comfortable and familiar.

The bigger size just feels strange. The iPhone was always a device designed to be operated with 1 hand....that is changing.

Honestly considering going with the 5s instead but don't want to jump ship too early. I think Verizon gives me 15 days to decide.

I wouldn't finally got a 4.7 inch screen welcome to the real world! Love my 6

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

still one handed russ, tap home button twice for true one hand operation.

Message typed on MBP retina

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
My wife has the new IPhone 6 and it has already had to be replaced after just over one month. Started crashing on her and she started getting the dreaded Red Screen of death. Apple was pretty good at replacing it but she is a little pissed about it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
judas you can run a 5.5" phone with 1 hand.....

i dont even know how you guys with the i-phones even handle those baby toys....

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I really like it so far. Glad it's not bigger, I like to carry in my front pocket.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom