20170120_223021.jpg
20170120_223743.jpg
20170120_224041.jpg
20170120_224050.jpg

Foster Male quick-disconnect adapter with female thread
Product ID : RL12FPB

Foster Female quick-disconnect adapter with female thread
Product ID : RL12FS

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...t-x-1-4-hose-barbs-with-male-threads?a=514728

https://www.amazon.com/I-D-Neoprene-Washers-Thickness-Pack/dp/B00FSY1KZ2

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Looks like a worthwhile mod. Nice.

Any tool meant to be swapped for different applications has to have a QC.

Only difference is that the washers take up some of the handle thread space making it harder to screw any bottle directly into the handle, but since it can't be put down standing up safely without toppling over with anything connected directly to the handle, I consider the feature expendable, and better to just make a lead hose with a female QC to a small jug of choice with a handle for smaller gigs, and they can both be placed down just like a Hydroforce.

Reactions: dgardner

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Let's make a mod to connect it to a Hydroforce bottle.

Just get one and remove the metering valve and internals and connect a hose to it with a IPS size QC on the end.....Similar to what I did with this 5 gal pump sprayer I got for 30 bucks off Amazon............gutted the pump components and plugged a hose to it.........Just need a smaller version.

20170121_015412.jpg

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I hven't yet found a bottle that screws securely to the IPS.

Even if you did, what are you going to do with it when you need to put it down so it doesn't topple over?

Can't stand it up..........ain't laying it down......what's the point unless it's a very small job and you only need to spray once and can then put it away?

Maybe that's what the sling is for.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
I have one and like it . But , like others ,I believe, seems like a lot to have to do to make it more user friendly. Considering how much they cost.
When I got and began to use it I only found one of the jets that would seat well and spray without leaking and squirting incorrectly. I needed to swap all the nuts and jets around.
Did you swap out the seals for the new chemical resistant ones as well. ?
I haven't gotten those yet.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
I have used mine for OP ing, where access is non-existent.
Premixed my juice in 5 gallon gas containers and used a longer length of the tube.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Even if you did, what are you going to do with it when you need to put it down so it doesn't topple over?

Can't stand it up..........ain't laying it down......what's the point unless it's a very small job and you only need to spray once and can then put it away?

Maybe that's what the sling is for.

The idea of swapping chemicals is precisely why I bought it. But we'll use a three foot section and draw from bottles in a utility belt.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Har har.

On a given job we may use degreaser, enzymes, glass cleaner, tile cleaner, deodorizer and carpet cleaner. We may spray down a shower and let it stew while working on woodwork. Maybe pretreat a carpeted traffic area and work on a vinyl floor while it dwells, then spray down a sofa.

In short, I bought this to get rid of about five spray bottles.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I have one and like it . But , like others ,I believe, seems like a lot to have to do to make it more user friendly. Considering how much they cost.
When I got and began to use it I only found one of the jets that would seat well and spray without leaking and squirting incorrectly. I needed to swap all the nuts and jets around.
Did you swap out the seals for the new chemical resistant ones as well. ?
I haven't gotten those yet.

Gotta do the seals.

The plastic jet connectors leaking seems to be a little common.

Being softer plastic threads I would think they might screw down a little tighter in time, especially if you keep swapping them, but either way, QC'ing the tips with pressure washing tips is the way to go..............

IPSpro tip snip.PNG

They only give you a zero and a 40 degree tip, but you can easily find full kits with 15 and 20 tips, which might offer better spray control on upholstery.

Here's what I think is the way to go to PIMP it out right.

Need to take off the wand and put a female QC right at the gun................

ISPpro tip snip.PNG

With that same female QC you can just connect a QC spray tip for close combat, where the finer degree spray tips would come in handy, or the stock wand with a male QC on the gun side and a female QC on the tip.

Fly Guy would be proud.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom