Is anyone going to the ARCS convention in new orleans-?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I'm trying to decide if I should go.. I'm not sure the topics this year will benefit me. we don't do appraisals and I DONT care about the value of my business since I'm not selling.

BUT being with great minds could be beneficial!? sometime 1 idea can be worth thousands of dollars.

And I forgot to buy my T-shirt the last time I was in New Orleans which read:
" I Got Bourbon Faced on Shit street"
-- which I earned--- stay away from the jello shots!!--- even if the girl is serving them up in her cleavage!

Is it worth the $2k to 3K for me and my lead guy to go?

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I am sure being with other owner would be great.

We couldn't justify the cost for the program content.

The Rug summit and the ARCS really compete.

This is one fractured part of the industry.

Not that Carpet cleaning is unified. LOL

Mikey P

Administrator
No kidding..

The iicrcA has announced two more Vegas based trade shows for 2015.

and it will take years for two of the three trade show promotors to give up..

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'm going to miss this ARCS event. I've only missed one previously and regretted it, so I may be kicking myself again.

I think the Rug Summit and ARCS have very similar people, although ARCS probably draws fewer entry-level rug cleaners. Once the Rug Summit fed into ARCS, which seemed like a good idea as it included more people that wouldn't have met otherwise.

Some of the other industry events are of interest to a different mix of attendee, so will do OK in their niche. There's no question that the IICRCA EVENT will be the "have to" event in the future, but out of respect for Mikey being involved with the Cooperfest I won't go into the reasons here.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
I will be there with my companion of 43 years. I look forward to seeing people of all sorts.

The value to me in listening to presentations on rug appraising is that I learn how to look at a rug differently, with enhanced appreciation, while my eyes get focused on construction and design elements. This helps on the wash floor in many ways. It also helps in conceiving what repairs that may be needed and how they should be done. This knowledge also gives a rug washer the ability to converse with a rug owner on a much different level than most of the competition. Often this level of engineered language garners more rugs to care for because of the knowledge on rugs you can now exude. (My rug washing business does not do appraisals either and yet I still see value)

The accounting presentation puts your business in context and gives you a perspective on what you have as an owner. If you are a business owner, or you have a manger that makes sense for you to transfer ownership to someday, or you become unable to continue to function due to sickness or death, you would benefit by this sort of presentation at some point in your life. Successful planning to end starts well before the finish line. Jim Sullivan knows his stuff and you will be surprising entertained and well informed as you follow his presentation. He was one of our top most presenters at Rug Summit in Columbus, Ohio last year. Because of that, he got the invite to do a presentation for ARCS.

Stop and think about it, you will spend time while you eat, drink, and engage in some of the most valuable discussions with really talented people in the rug industry. Often you pick up great advice form those that do it better than you do in a number of areas. Why not take advantage of the collective experience that will be on hand? I bet your return on investment will be clear to you by the end of the conference. However, the hard part is always implementing the change.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Sorry to ruin the event for everyone! ...I'm going :shifty:
Did you remember we are in charge of shopping for the beverages? Please secure our spending limit (aka budget) from the powers that release the funding. ARCS people love their libations.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Not so spectacular i'll be there :-)

As for Nawlins the only thing on my bucket list is to hit one of the drive thru hard liquor drink shops..my life might be complete after that.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Not so spectacular i'll be there :-)

As for Nawlins the only thing on my bucket list is to hit one of the drive thru hard liquor drink shops..my life might be complete after that.
The last time I was with you Randy on a liquor run someone hit us. (We had nothing to drink) Check with Tevi what you are tasked to do when you get to Denver and then let the world know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom