Is there a guage to check rpm on TM

easy1dave

I took my tm in to have the rpm check out. The guy said he can adjust it by just the sound and looking at the belts to see when they level out. Is this possible are is there some kind of gauge to use?

WISE

Yes

It is a wireless tachometer, I think.

It has a meter and a rubber antennae type thing that you put against the spark plug wires.

Check your TM manual to see what it supposed to be set at. On my Legend it is 2600...I have mine set at 2700 tho.

Take Care--WISE

Greenie

2700 ?

turn it up to 3200 and stand back.

Why on earth a mfg. would release a TM without a tach I'll never know.

RichardnTn

Calculate your vac speed by the pulley size...
Run the rpm's on the motor to achieve approximately 3300-3400 rpm's on the vac...Best to ya ....Richard R.

If you have problems, check this out--http://www.csgnetwork.com/pulleybeltcalc.html

G

Greenie is right

Go 3200. If it is air cooled, expect a life of 1500 to 3000 hours. Liquid cooled might not matter. Cast Iron motor, don't even worry about it.

G

Dont tell my air cooled briggs its suppose to only last 3000 hours. Running close to 5k now.

WISE

"3200 rpms"
Looks like I need to "turn it up" a little more!

Will check it out

WISE

JohnnyV

Air cooled engines are designed to run wide open....keep the oil changed, the air flow open and crank it up!

Scott Rogers

Re: Greenie is right

Taf Baig said:
Go 3200. If it is air cooled, expect a life of 1500 to 3000 hours. Liquid cooled might not matter. Cast Iron motor, don't even worry about it.

Dang Taf if thats true I guess I should be looking for a replacment engine for my 2 year old mount. If these machines are only going to go 3-4 years they aint such a bargin!!!

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
Re: rpm on TM

goodness mine was runnin 3200 for a week my god it was hot
in the van noticed a big increase in fuel useage
went to harbor frieght and bought a hand held tach 40 bucks i think
2800 rpm now on a 30 hp kohler much better ya lost some vac but lot better on fuel now

go on the web and look at your engines torque curve mine is 2800 perfect
and i'm sure its better for the life of the motor

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom