is there a lot of pretending in the industry?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I've noticed something over the years...that in public, all the folks making a buck off us seem to be friendly and give phony accolades at public events to folks you don't particularly care for.

But among yourselves and/or close associates you'll discuss what turds they are

Whether it be the crappiest instructor, or the most underhanded ruthless Machiavellian supplier/disty, or the "promise the moon" shifty salesman.

I know you well connected dudes that are on the "other end" of the industry..(those that mine gold from us CCers)
know the good ones from less than good ones.

how's come you all (most of you anyway) all act like everyone and everything is just hunky-dory ?
Is it cause your "all" making a buck off us and don't want to rock the Good Ship Lollipop?

We (us BDs) don't do that.
We call out the Chem-liars and bait 'n switchers of the world on our end all-de-time

Just curious

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mikey P

Administrator
Timely topic.

I watched that Industry Leaders video from *** and was thinking the same thing.

I know damn well that most of the ILs there can't stand Rob Allen and Howard Partridge yet there they were, breaking bread with the debils.

Anything for a free meal I guess.

or so they thought blowme !

rhyde

Name
rhyde
fooking pathetic isn't it!

george11-233x300.jpg

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
meAt said:
We call out the Chem-liars and bait 'n switchers of the world on our end all-de-time

Perhaps we do tell it like it is to each other, but do we make it a practice of bad mouthing the competition to our custys? I believe I have read several folks here who say it is counter-productive to trash your competition. Why would you expect different from the folks who see us as the custy? Just sayin....

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Working with BLUEline I ate dinner and sat with many suppliers and Gurus. Some are great "Jim Pemberton, Shawn Forsythe and others" However, most would cut your throat and sell their mother for a commission check.

Adam

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dgardner said:
meAt said:

Perhaps we do tell it like it is to each other, but do we make it a practice of bad mouthing the competition to our custys? I believe I have read several folks here who say it is counter-productive to trash your competition. Why would you expect different from the folks who see us as the custy? Just sayin....

I don't have a bit of a problem educating prospects to deceptive marketing.
I don't have any problem educating them to different methods either.
Cause we're qualified to do them all and will give them what they want, whether they choose our recommendation or not.

I've never "dogged" the comp.
You never heard me say anything bad about SS here, let alone to the custy.
Same for 82.6% of the outfits working the same 'hoods as me

But i sure will tell them about "specific" scoundrels and general scuzz bags I personally know

..L.T.A.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
I've come to the conclusion that it's just not good business for them to do so. Don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen.

-JB-

Name
JB
be honest Lar, you/we already know who they are, don't we? In our gut anyway.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Reminds me of politicians that say "My Friends." to the other side of the isle.

Then they go into a locked room the plan ways to destroy them.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
For the reasons Gardner listed above and for the same reason that you may go to thanksgiving or christmas with family members you don't care for and others in your family may feel the same way, but for the sake of keeping the family peace you refrain from expressing those feelings at family gatherings. For the same reason you may have not cared for a co-worker or boss, but you still kept it civil at meetings and day to day office environment.

And what is that old adage?....."keep your friends close and your enemies closer....."

Take care,
Lisa

hogjowl

Idiot™
As crude and crass as carpet cleaners typically are, suppliers still understand that we are human and often are turned off by what we see as a negative personality. I remember when Olsen (or Olson ... whatever) first came to the boards. I was turned off by his open hostility towards some posters, and vowed I would never buy from him.

Now I have learned to like him and have purchased from him, but that initial impression can be costly.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I think that showing a measured amount of respect and courtesy in a public venue shows good character. Most people that greet me in public will get a "Hello" in return from me. If I don't wish to speak to them, I just continue walking in the direction I was going and I don't stop for conversation.

The line that I draw is who I will "break bread with"; if there is someone at the table that I am in deep conflict with, or whose conversation I find unpalatable, I'll leave the table rather than ruin my meal.

That's why I'm usually a "no show" at most industry banquets.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
You know better than that in your case Ken.

It did start to be obvious at certain functions when I'd leave when someone joined the table. So I just save them the embarrassment by waiting till tables are nearly full, or going out with friends instead of having the rubber chicken you get at most banquets anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom