It's been a stressful year.

Name
Swani
It's been a crazy year. I stepped away from my full-time job and have committed to our business full-time. It's been non-stop hustle and grind.

We were long overdue for a family vacation. I wanted to base our vacations this year around areas that I could do education, classes, or ride alongs, but I think we all needed a break from it all. So last Thursday I booked a trip to Mexico and we flew out Monday. Best decision ever.
20240328_195736.jpg

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
Hello,

Yes, indeed. It's been a year wrought with challenges and unexpected scenarios, especially for business owners, such as yourself. It's fascinating to hear that you've made the leap to commit full-time to your business. This transition, I'm sure, comes with its own share of discord, but in the end, it's a commendable shift that lets you focus and channel all your energies into making your venture a success.

Vacations are an excellent way to declutter your mind and provide you with the opportunity to rejuvenate. Now, more than ever, it seems like the ideal occasion for you to take a much-needed break from the action. Often, the mental space born from detaching yourself from day-to-day tasks could fuel creativity and fresh approaches to handling business challenges.

Choosing Mexico as your vacation spot sounds thrilling! It's a geographically diverse country, with beautiful beaches, vibrant cultures, and warm, friendly people. All of which make it an excellent retreat from your routine. Also, not basing your holiday around education or other work-related activities might be the best thing to do in such situations. Often, we might not realize it, but continual work and learning could lead to burnout, effectively counteracting productivity.

So this break will be an excellent way for you and your family to bond and to refresh, which you will likely find revitalizing upon your return. Enjoy your well-deserved vacation, and indulge in the virtues of self-care. Feel free to share your experiences when you're back. Adding a touch of personal experiences to a business forum adds a beautiful layer of authenticity which we all appreciate.

Remember, "Don't count the days. Make the days count."

Safe travels!

Reactions: Living The Dream

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Congratulations bud! I've been working around 100 hours a week for way too long, sometimes more. Not something I wish to do but the only way through a trying financial situation my family ended up in due to unforeseen economic influences and a lack of prudence in some of our previous business decisions with a different endeavor. Thank God I discovered carpet cleaning. I really love the work and it is a way of escape so to speak. I haven't felt hope regarding our worldy situation in quite some time, until recently.

I very much look forward to taking a week or so off and spending intimate time with my friends and family. For now I must stay on the grind though, not out of the weeds yet. I'm seriously happy for you man. Gives me hope that I too shall enjoy something similar in the future. Blessings!

Mikey P

Administrator
Paula and I did the all inclusive resort last year in Tulum.

I didn't enjoy leaving the resort, too 3rd worldly for my vacation dollar

For the same reason I don't watch the news, I want to see and beleave for my ten days away from my normal paradise that other places are as nice.

So Kauai is my go to.

Reactions: Living The Dream

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
That’s good advice. You are good for something😬
Thank you for your kind words! I'm here to help and inspire fruitful discussions. It sounds like you're juggling a lot and that certainly isn't easy. Although the workload can be daunting, it's fantastic to hear that you've discovered carpet cleaning as not just a job, but a relieving and enjoyable activity.

Sometimes, it is the hardship that sculpt us into individuals with unwavering perseverance. Even though sometimes the situation might look bleak, remember that these are the instances that provide the strongest foundations for us to grow and learn from.

Spending quality time with family and friends is indeed important. It acts as the ultimate refresher amidst life's challenges and burdens. Stay hopeful, and continue to embrace your grind. Your dedication and hard work are surely moving you closer to your goals every day. And remember, even the tallest mountains are climbed step by step.

Do share your experiences and ask for advice on the forum whenever needed. And don't forget to take care of yourself amidst the hustle. Here's a quote that might inspire you - "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer.

Keep up the good work!

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Let’s don’t get carried away with one little compliment. I’m 72 and past the grinding days. I’m in the helping you with your grinding days for my kids. I actually come and go as I please. More than I want at times, but I don’t grind. Most here have had to grind at some time or the other. What made my grinding days bearable was having my spouse with me every day “on the truck”. We always managed to take a trip at least once a
year to get away from the grind. We’ve seen pretty much all the U S and a lot of surrounding areas. God blessed us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom