Webinar January 13th - Scott Warrington - The art and science of rinsing carpet.

FredC

Village Idiot
We'll be discussing acid, soft water, RO, tap, encap and alkaline rinses and when each is appropriate.

****Sorry about the glitch @15min. The hard water slide is missing. I will produce another vid from the backup recording but it probably won't be until next week.

Last edited:

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I really like Scott W....great guy and very knowledgeable.I will be working that evening...:( but really need to watch this.

Reactions: J Scott W

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Scott is the man. Has always been willing to help the many times I've asked over the years.

Has anyone else noticed glitchy audio on the MB webinars?

Every few seconds it cuts out. The craziest thing is I realized it only happens when I am actually viewing the tab that the webinar is on.

If I'm viewing a different tab or even a different program the audio is flawless.

No big deal for a webinar like last week's, but when there are a lot of slides/pictures you really miss out.

FredC

Village Idiot
no problems here.......and I always have it going on multiple computers

only time I have issues is when I forget to throttle my uploads going on in the background ;)

FredC

Village Idiot
@D Luke what device and browser/version

and are you actually watching it IN the browser instead of the adobe connect add on (see image) if so allow the addon/popup to be installed

are you using a wireless connection? What hardware? What is your connection speed?

when in the webinar it shows connection quality in the upper right....what does yours look like

adco.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: D Luke

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Didn't realize there was an add-on.

I was watching it on PC w/ Chrome. Connection status would be green if I wasn't viewing the tab but go orange or red if I was vieiwing.

Don't think it's a connection quality issue, but who knows?

I will try the add-on next time.

FredC

Village Idiot
Sorry about the glitch @15min. The hard water slide is missing. I will produce another vid from the backup recording but it probably won't be until next week.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
@scottw

I've asked this before but just wanted a little more clarification.

Am I doing any harm to either my equipment or cleaning process by double-softening water?

90% of the time I fill up with soft water at home which is also run through my on board filtration and softener. I still need the on board softener for the 10% of the time I have to hook up to well water on site.

It would be fairly inconvenient to have to bypass the on board softener when filling at home.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I just finished watching. Enjoyed the review very much.

I think I will continue to use a liquid traffic lane cleaner and an alkaline powder rinse agent for most carpet.

I don't mind carrying a few products for specific situations. A one product for everything just isn't something I have as much confidence in, though the flex ice seems like a good choice for someone who requires it.

Thanks Scott for an informative discussion.

The 4 pictures included in this post are from my days in the 1970's with a Powermatic, no prespray, (I always prepspray now days) and only an alkaline powdered rinse agent (Steam Way Formula A) The bottom picture had just been cleaned with a portable steam machine and still made the difference you see with the truck mount I used.

Mikey P

Administrator
Loren you always have the best before and afters..

Is it possible they were repeats and you were leaving gnarly residues?

J/k

You da man!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
@scottw

I've asked this before but just wanted a little more clarification.

Am I doing any harm to either my equipment or cleaning process by double-softening water?

90% of the time I fill up with soft water at home which is also run through my on board filtration and softener. I still need the on board softener for the 10% of the time I have to hook up to well water on site.

It would be fairly inconvenient to have to bypass the on board softener when filling at home.

I can not see that it does any harm. If the water is already soft, running it through a water softener a second time won't effect the ewater much at all. Think of it this way - the water softener is an ion exchange unit. If there are no or few ions to be exchanged, nothing happens.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Loren you always have the best before and afters..

Is it possible they were repeats and you were leaving gnarly residues?

J/k

You da man!

Thanks Mike.

Except for the white bedroom picture I shared with this board recently, all these before and after pictures I shared here are the first time I cleaned them.

In 46 years of cleaning I have received many compliments from customers that tell me their carpet stayed clean longer. Just got a letter recently saying the same. She said that after 3 months her carpet still looked good and she had tried many cleaners in the past where their clean didn't last. I of course called her to say thank you for her letter.

Maybe my Powermatic just cleans better. . :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom