Johhny C. cool shades contest

Chads

Supportive Member
IMG_2734.jpg

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
I am wondering now if we will have to have a separate contest for coolest dog with the cool shades.

But then again any dog with shades is a cool dog.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
billyeadon said:
I am wondering now if we will have to have a separate contest for coolest dog with the cool shades.

Other than the Lady with Odin they are all dogs.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Larry B said:
billyeadon said:

You know once we photoshop Odin out it sure looks like a winning entry. But there's still time.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
billyeadon said:
Larry B said:
billyeadon said:

You know once we photoshop Odin out it sure looks like a winning entry. But there's still time.

Is that what this is all about? If I need a hot girl in the picture I'll get a hot girl in the picture! I'm gonna win my 8X10 glossy of the Island boy, in a NICE FRAME!

(Frame included right?)

I'll hang it on my wall, and tell everybody steve and I are friends.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Danny Strickland said:
[quote="B&BGaryC":1almv8x0]
IMG_0656.jpg

no doubt that guy is in an under ground militia!!! :shock:[/quote:1almv8x0]

OK, hot-shot. Let's see YOUR cool shades! Do ya still have that cute little goatee?

Island Boy

PS Are we gonna have the pleasure of your company again at the Tampa Bay SFS, Danny? It has been too long! February 16-20 and don't wait too long to sign up. That balmy St. Pete weather starts looking real good to a lot of these folks and we sell the class out early.

The Preacher

Steve Toburen said:
[quote="Danny Strickland":cnkm8rcr][quote="B&BGaryC":cnkm8rcr]
IMG_0656.jpg

no doubt that guy is in an under ground militia!!! :shock:[/quote:cnkm8rcr]

OK, hot-shot. Let's see YOUR cool shades! Do ya still have that cute little goatee?

Island Boy

PS Are we gonna have the pleasure of your company again at the Tampa Bay SFS, Danny? It has been too long! February 16-20 and don't wait too long to sign up. That balmy St. Pete weather starts looking real good to a lot of these folks and we sell the class out early.[/quote:cnkm8rcr]

me and MArdy are starting our own SOUTHERN version of SFS. BuBBa (the Nick of our organization) will be serving pickled pigs feet at the class breaks and MArdys cousin Bobbie Sue won't have to put ballons under her dress to do our skit!!! :shock:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
BANG, Thats three!!!

That's right, Danny. Three in a row is enough. Can we puhleeaase quit copying Gary's photo in our posts? I'm feeling a bit queasy.

IB

PS Danny, you never answered my question re: the Tampa Bay SFS in February. Nick still shakes his head when he talks about "that wacko Danny".

Just kidding, folks. I was nervous about Danny attending SFS plus he even sat on the front row. But Danny was a very good and focused student. (Well, most of the time anyway.)

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Steve Toburen said:
That's right, Danny. Three in a row is enough. Can we puhleeaase quit copying Gary's photo in our posts? I'm feeling a bit queasy.

IB

Now is that any way to make a cheerleader for Jon-Don?

The other day the owners and I were doing some customer-tech role playing as I was setting up to do some in-shop upholstery. The owner was taking it a bit to far and acting like the house-wife from hell, so I said, "Okay ma'am, you're obviously hormonal and I need to talk to somebody rational, can you bring your husband in here?"

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
IMG_0685.jpg

Ha! It's a picture of me in my shades with a hot chick! Now I win!

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
It's my friends fiance... And yes it was a pity thing. I said I need a picture of me with a hot chick while I am wearing my shades to win the contest, so she took the picture with me. Now I better win this contest!

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
B&BGaryC said:
It's my friends fiance... And yes it was a pity thing. I said I need a picture of me with a hot chick while I am wearing my shades to win the contest, so she took the picture with me. Now I better win this contest!

Gary,

You definitely should win a prize for persistence.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I'm going to the dollar store tomorrow and snapping a picture of me wearing every pair of shades on their little sunglasses carousel.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have something I need to tell you guys. I was going to wait to see if I won first, but I figure fair is fair and I'll let you know now.

I am not going to switch to Jon-Don for my regular Chem purchases. After the final number crunching, there is only a $300.00 difference on orders of $4,000.... I can see how you guys would probably do better for orders between $350-$700 than my distributor does, on bulk orders you guys are in a dead heat. Don't get me wrong, $300 is $300 any way you slice it, but it's not enough of a discount to offset the hassle of using different chems, ordering a minimum order of $350 every time, and waiting 2 days for delivery. (Good delivery time though)

Initially it looked like we were going to save $1,000 plus the $700 SFS seat... That would have done it for us.... But there was a math error made, and once it was corrected there was less than 10% savings through Jon-Don. On the quantity we do it's not quite worth it. Besides, Express shoves people out of the way to work on my truck... I don't think it would work that well for me to drive to Chicago or Seattle to have you fix something.

I think if we plan our purchases more carefully taking full advantage of bulk discounts, we will be just fine. Besides, after looking at the numbers the owner said there is no way we are going through Jon-Don... That's the final say.

Earlier that day before I straightened out the math error with Jeff and it looked like we were going to save $1900 on our first purchase, we were ready to make the move to Jon-Don.

We like those air-movers you have. All the employees love them too. If we needed another 20 or 30 of those (Which I think we do) We would probably get them and snag the free seat at SFS.

I don't think Marty realizes he has employees that will pull 36 hour shifts during storms.... If he understood that we would double our equipment... But we only have enough for 10 guys to set for 18 hours and then we run out....

Wow, I'm rambling.

Long and short, I am indebted to Jon-Don for all their hard work helping me make my decision, and Jeff Sienna is a stand up guy. I really don't like the Matrix SC's smell, but it works well. Still need to test it at proper dilution for a restaurant carpet. If the fragrance free turns out to be anything special I might grab a few cases of that.

Thank you.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Gary, Gary, Gary. I just have two questions for you:

1. Does Marty realize what a treasure he has in you? A hardworking employee that is sincerely interested in the future of his employer is very rare today. (Even if said employee IS slightly obsessive/compulsive.)

2. Gary, where were you when I was in business? (Don't answer. I know. "Not born yet"!

Don't worry about your chemical order, Gary. Micah won your business fair and square through what we call in SFS Value Added Service. Great "above and beyond" service is how Jon-Don keeps our customers loyal to us too. Fair prices are important. But great service should trump saving a few bucks any day.

Of course, we'll still talk about that big air mover order with you and Marty at the January SFS in Chicago!

NOTE: Folks, Gary is still most definitely in the running in Big Billy's "cool shades" contest. But don't let him walk away with my autographed 8" x 10" without some stiff competition. There is still time to enter your beaming face.

Island Boy

PS to Gary: Do NOT let Marty off the hook on attending SFS with you AT THE SAME TIME. Our members who implement the most and truly transform their companies are the ones who attend WITH their key employees/ partners/ spouses. SFS serves as a sort of "business management retreat" and gets you on the same page vision wise. I'll see you (AND YOUR BOSS) January 12-17 in Chicago. We'll have a great time.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Brian Robison said:
I will let you win if the hot chick gets topless. :mrgreen:
Just email it to me.

She's got WAY more class than that.

I don't hang out with skanks, and my friends don't marry skanks.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Steve Toburen said:
PS to Gary: Do NOT let Marty off the hook on attending SFS with you AT THE SAME TIME. Our members who implement the most and truly transform their companies are the ones who attend WITH their key employees/ partners/ spouses. SFS serves as a sort of "business management retreat" and gets you on the same page vision wise. I'll see you (AND YOUR BOSS) January 12-17 in Chicago. We'll have a great time.

Good news and Bad news.

Good news, Marty has priorities; Family First
Bad news, he won't be attending after all, due to the fact he puts his family first and things came up.

Thank you Steve. I see already in my inbox that Jeff has seen this and sent me a message thanking me for considering Jon-Don. I had hoped to call him this afternoon and tell him, but him having already seen the post, an email should suffice I suppose.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
P.S. : I'm not quick enough to get the Island Boy PS in before I hit send...

P.P.S. : As much as it would be great for Marty and I to be on the same page, maybe this will be good. Separating Marty and I might make me a stronger manager. I indeed will know something he does not know. If he doesn't understand why I need $2,000 for mailers or why they don't have an advertised price printed on I will just need to stand up for the way I think my division should be run. Tell him he needs to trust me, and wait for the $5,000-$10,000 in profits to come in next month ey?

I won't so much be asking for permission to attempt at success, I will be asserting confidence to acquire the latitude I need to achieve success.

Every cloud has it's silver lining. Marty and I not being on the same page will force some growth on my part, and I think in the end it will only result in him respecting me more and having more confidence and trust in the direction I am taking his company.

M

Mark Imbesi

I was browsing some photos and immediately thought this was the sure winner in this contest. You see, this photo shows class. Fine looking South Philly Dego, nice tan, well built and defined, Rolex watch....need I go on? And it is definitely not staged like you hillbillies did. Did I mention, well groomed, too?

Anyway, I hate to burst someone's bubble, but the contest, or is it coontest, is over.

VillagePeopleCop.jpg

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Marc Imbesi said:
I was browsing some photos and immediately thought this was the sure winner in this contest. You see, this photo shows class. Fine looking South Philly Dego, nice tan, well built and defined, Rolex watch....need I go on? And it is definitely not staged like you hillbillies did. Did I mention, well groomed, too?

Anyway, I hate to burst someone's bubble, but the contest, or is it coontest, is over.

VillagePeopleCop.jpg

I choose that one and I will be working with Scott Warrington next week.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Good, because I was about to take off my shirt, oil up my chest and take another pic. :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom