Jump Starting Spring!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Sending out 1000 of these to previous clients next week.

Spring11Card.jpg

I hate putting on stamps

Ron K

When they are that small it saves on Postage but Dave I do agree the stamps must be a PITA!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Mikey P said:
Do I have to pay you to be able to read it?

Didn't know it was going to come out so small.

I have a 22" screen.

You did come up with very with a good idea though.

14 monthy instalments

Of FREE!!

Pm your e-mail and I'll send one in MS Publisher or JPEG.

Spring11Card.jpg

Hurry!!It's getting even smaller!!

Soon it wil be gone.

springcardlarge.jpg

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I was having my kids do stamps but just ordered the Bowes machine

-JB-

Name
JB
just ordered the Bowes machine

Good luck with that. :roll:

Let us know how you feel about them in about 6-9 months, seriously. !dork!

-JB-

Name
JB
I don't like getting roped into contracts with mega-fine print, and finding out later, you have to buy this that and the other to make it work, LOTS of little "add-on" supplies as I recal, maybe others can chime in.

I simply remember dealing with Pittney-Bowes as being right up there with one of THE WORST experiences I've ever had in dealing with another business period.

Honestly if I ran a larger company, and didn't have to deal with the details, maybe I wouldn't have cared, but I don't.

I'm glad your pleased with their service Ken, but their bait-n-switch plain and simple.IMO

Oh and here a new version of Dave's add....
Spring11Card.jpg

THAT HELP?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I sign all contracts JB so I did deal with the fine print and attempted upsells. We actually went with their competitor recently and like it even better (lower pricing and an incredible machine).

-JB-

Name
JB
Okay, thanks for clearing that up, but I'd still be interested in a Crowley update in 6-9 months.

Becker

Name
Becker
Bundy said:
I was having my kids do stamps but just ordered the Bowes machine

Just be sure you get one that is faster than the POS I had.

I can stamp faster, and ink was not cheap at the time.

I see they offer plenty of options now, even auto feed meters.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
JB said:
I don't like getting roped into contracts with mega-fine print, and finding out later, you have to buy this that and the other to make it work, LOTS of little "add-on" supplies as I recal, maybe others can chime in.

I simply remember dealing with Pittney-Bowes as being right up there with one of THE WORST experiences I've ever had in dealing with another business period.

Honestly if I ran a larger company, and didn't have to deal with the details, maybe I wouldn't have cared, but I don't.

I'm glad your pleased with their service Ken, but their bait-n-switch plain and simple.IMO

Oh and here a new version of Dave's add....
Spring11Card.jpg

THAT HELP?

DIT-FING-TO

DITTO

tryed them a few years ago...ick...plus when you call....its the worse feeling ever when you TRY to cancel......most of these places DONT GET...what NO means.....a-holes

Dave I personally think you will get better results mailing a hundred per week (50 would be ideal) and calling the customers about 10 days after you mail them. If you have the same relationship that I have with my customers, there should be no problems.

Sending out 800 at once is ridiculous.

How are you going to manage that kind of volume with your tm?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Probably split it into 2 weeks.

Even though it is a warm mailing it usually gets less than a .5% return (can vary)

(Cold mailing typically only get a .01-.02% return.)

50 a week would likely only return 3 jobs or less.

I haven't mailed my list since November.

It's best for me to mail them in mass for several consecutive( 6-7)months during cleaning season.

Direct mail is a crap shoot.

2 jobs typically pays for the entire mailing.

I have nothing to lose with mailing 1000 at once.

50 at a time I will miss clients that may be in the cleaning mood NOW.

You never know what event in their lives will prompt then to need cleaning.

Most cleaning is event driven.(Not sale driven.)

The rest will throw the mailing away and not even be aware they received it.

Warning!! Don't knock my machine it kicks ass!!

I got a random sales letter from a local bank a few weeks back.

A guy called me to introduce himself etc.

I am going to do some business with them.

The point is calling after the mailing will yield better results. Much better.

Still if you are sending out 1000 with less than 1 percent return, you need to make some changes to your operation or have a killer offer no one in their right mind would turn down.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I meant to say 5%.

I can't take 5 months to mail my customer list.

(50 per week.)

That would be crazy!!!

I'd be deep into cleaning season before some clients get a first contact.

I used to do follow up calls for many years.

Now I spend time with my family and I'm not that hard up for work.

That is why it is important to have several streams of marketing.

Btw: the bank likely will get a fee every month for years. It makes phone calling more practical.

(If you were on the Do not call list you could of made 10K from the bank for the infraction.)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I would do all 800 at once....and then again in 3 months etc.

If you get 20 jobs from it....that's less than a weeks work.
If you get 40....cool.

Chances are you will get 10 jobs (depending) from each mailing. You're still making money.

OH, and for the most part...you won't get all the calls right away from each mailing. They will trickle in throughout the month in my opinion.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Hand stamps on envelopes get a better opening response than machine stamped. I do not know about Post cards.

We used to have a stamp dispenser kinda like a marking gun that would take a full roll of stamps. It was pretty easy and no mess to put stamps on. I think the stamp machine I got was from the Post office.

Rick

F

FB7777

you'd think you'd be used to putting 800-1000 stamps by now :roll:

[quote:32fdjqsc]Dave Yoakum wrote
I usually send 800 per month.

Print them myself. I have developed a lot of different templates.

How can I lose?

one job usually more than pays for the entire mailing.[/quote:32fdjqsc]

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you have to spend alot of money to fill one truck Dave. Pennies a day is more like fifties a day

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bundy said:
you have to spend a lot of money to fill one truck Dave. Pennies a day is more like fifties a day

Having regular contact with your previous client is just basic marketing 101.

Your famous father in law should of crammed this into your brain by now.

If not.

I bet you're familiar with the old adage about a bird in the hand being worth two in the bush.

On average, finding a new customer costs five times as much as keeping an existing one!

Isn't that enough reason to start marketing to your existing customer base on a regular basis?

Cleaning season is here!!!

It's time to get off the poop before your competition does.

BTW: I can mail my base (1000 clients)for about $12 per day.

2 jobs pay for the entire mailing.

Then the rest is gravy.

Clients clean more often becuase of the mailing.

They refer more friends because of the mailing.

It help to keep them in my stable and my business top of mind.

What's the problem??

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I don't have a problem, you seem to be continually insulting my Father inlaw. Please don't be sarcastic about a man who has done more in his life than you could in 50 of them. Keep coming after my family your piece well you know. You claim pennies a day but you don't do that.

F

FB7777

at the risk of being accused of picking on the mentally challenged, I once again need to point out what should be obvious to you Dave

Some of us have businesses 3-10 times larger than your Dave I'm baffled that you need to send out 10,000 postcards a year to do 100 grand after 30 years in business, plus your internet stuff, repeat and referral, and your wonder program

I'd have to disconnect my phone and hide to do next to nothing in business like you

and I hardly spend anything on advertising... up to this year I've been mailing once a year to about 500 people

Its so obvious that one or both of the following statements are true

A.) your full of it when it comes to your marketing

B.) you suck at cleaning and creep out most people

I'm so tempted to call your office sometime and confirm what so many people have told me... that you sound like a moron

Of course then I would probably feel bad for you and stop giving my fanclub all this entertainment :mrgreen:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bundy said:
I don't have a problem, you seem to be continually insulting my Father inlaw. Please don't be sarcastic about a man who has done more in his life than you could in 50 of them. Keep coming after my family your piece well you know. You claim pennies a day but you don't do that.

No insult intended. This is just a pinnacle of basic business marketing.

The "pennies a day" is for my marketing system that shows businesses how to set up referral groups in their area from overlooked sources.

It actually can cost less than pennies per day. (As in FREE!)

Business marketing requires multiple marketing streams.

For instance: My regular client contact is one.

My marketing system is an other.

Being on top of Google with tons of reviews is an other.

You don't want to put all your marketing eggs into one basket.

Or not even not having a basket or eggs and winging it.

PFRed & Growley, If you 2 can make it without employing basic business marketing principles. Congrats to you!! Most business that do the same in a competitive market won't survive. (About 10 cleaners in my area fail every year)You are some of the lucky few. For the rest of us we have to stay in contact with our previous client and do other basic marketing to succeed.

I don't want to depend on luck (Even though St Patric's Day is almost here.) I'd rather take action!!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I plan on starting up but haven't really had to. It just flows in because there are so many crappy carpet cleaners out there. If Fred and I were shitty carpet cleaners I could see doing the work you do but my customers love me.

I did put a craigslist ad up the otherday and got 3 jobs. I am booked solid on Weds because dental offices are closed and guess what, they talk to eachother and so I am in doing the dental rooms vct at $80 a pop usually 6 to an office and about $500 in carpet in each windes up being a good 5 hrs for 1 guy. And Guess what, they have my sign and cards at the desk and the dentists love me, same with the Doctors offices, gymnastics studios, lawyers etc etc because I am not a chump like you. Wait three golf courses are booked for next week, 2 elks clubs and they write me in their letter. I will stick to what i am doing and get the newspaper ads going but I am a little concerned since I will be down trucks and stuff next weekend

I was going to do the math for you on your previous returns on your 800 client base that you mail to monthly but I will stop, no need to break down facts for you.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Different markets Greg,

Your area has only 4 local cleaners listed in Google maps; 1. XTreme, 2. Duraclean By Leone, 3. Anchor Carpet Cleaners & #4. Servpro (More water restoration)

My area has 65 local cleaners listed in Google maps.

Some areas can have several hundred local carpet cleaners.

Different areas require different strategies and hard work to survive.

My clients love me too. Hence, I have by far the most client reviews in my area.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
see you are googling my town my market is much wider than my town
Most of my business is Norwell, Marshfield, Duxbury, Hanover, Cohasset. I wish I was closer to a city because my business customers would have more people to brag to. Heck I think the second best cleaner on the south shore is right near me but since he has one truck he sends his overflow to me

Becker

Name
Becker
Dave you are so full of crap!

I have a 22 inch screen as well.

You had no interest in sharing your postcard with anyone. Otherwise you would have at least sized the pic at 500x plus. In stead like 140x.

And have you resided it to share?

I have to side with Bundy and Phed.

Zooming in on the pic does not good, but you knew that.

Do you really sell marketing to anyone?

Do people really give you money for mareting help?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Becker you are an idiot and it has nothing to do with Daves card where he doesn't want people to know he is giving away rooms and sets of stairs for 4 rooms and stairs for like $109. You are just an idiot. After so may years in business you are one step above no-cum but I am guessing he may have a family to support. I could be wrong. Yoakum are you yoakum or nocum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom