Just did a flow test

G

06 flow 1 gallon per minute
12 flow 1.75 gallons per minute
24 flow 2 gallons per minute

550 psi prochem titanium wand with 6 jets.

Dave

harryhides

Name
Tony
Dave Rampage said:
06 flow 1 gallon per minute
12 flow 1.75 gallons per minute
24 flow 2 gallons per minute

550 psi prochem titanium wand with 6 jets.
Dave

So twice the flow does NOT mean twice the water.

Dave try comparing 6 - 02's ( 12 flow) with 2 - 06's ( 12 flow) - you will NOT get the same amount of water in the bucket with each test.

The Preacher

test it with the the wand you have. HArolds not using the little bit of brains he has to say something so freaking stupid. if you only have a 2/4/6 jet wand, that will be your flow and GPM!!!

good grief !!!

harryhides

Name
Tony
Danny Strickland said:
test it with the the wand you have. HArolds not using the little bit of brains he has to say something so freaking stupid. if you only have a 2/4/6 jet wand, that will be your flow and GPM!!!

good grief !!!

Only a brainless hack would have only one wand. Try it yourself before mouthing off about things you know nothing about !!

Greenie

variables....wand plumbing, check valves etc...

Dave did your Ti wand have checkies?

One thing you guys are forgetting. the pressure loss is what is changing the gpm.

When you key with 06 jetting, you might drop 30/50 psi. When you key 12 jetting, it might drop 100 psi. Keyed 24 jetting might drop 125/150 psi. Not sure of exacts as the pump and plumbing will differ, but this will change the gpm. Adjust keyed pressure to the same and retest. Should be more accurate.

The Preacher

so HArold, if i have two wands does that make me only half a hack??? and if you think yore techs change wands during the day yore dreaming!!!

G

Chad,

550 psi before keying wand. Pressure dropped 50-75 pounds.

Jeff,

It has your extendors with check valves.

Dave

KBRENNY

I did 600 psi, 550 keyed, 5 #2 jets and got 1.5 GPM. Can anyone tell me if this seems right. I just rebuilt the pump (after 4500 hrs of flawless operation)and it seems a little low now but I could be wrong.

KBRENNY

With the quick connect open and no wand restriction it flows 1.8 GPM. So I guess my question is: Is it normal to drop 3/10 GPM due to restrictions in the wand / jetting?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Kevin;

The 0.3 drop in GPM is normal.

If you want higher flow, the pump in your TM will have to turn faster.

A sheave change is the way to achieve that.

Larry Cobb

KBRENNY

Thanks Larry, I was actually looking for my calipers to measure the pulleys this morning when I noticed there was a reply.

This thing should be living proof that the general pumps you use on your equipment can, with proper maintenance, achieve 4000 + hours with no down time.

The pump failure is actually my fault as I was doing a flood and thought it would take much less time than it did. While the unit was running I had it recirculating through the side float tank and never disconnected the heat exchanger. When I returned the water had reached 190 going through the pump. After that the pump would never prime properly so I rebuilt it.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Kevin;

In the future, for a quick flood job, just turn off any chemical feed and run a little water thru the bypass hose on the ground.

Water only is OK.

Larry Cobb

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
If you're using 1/4" pressure hose, there is a major pressure difference between ATM (at the machine) and ATW (at the wand). That difference can be as much as 200 PSI, but tends to be in the 150 PSI range. And it can also be increased to an even greater degree if you have a live solution reel with a lot of the hose still on the reel when the evaluation is done.

The point here is that you need to measure pressure ATW, in order for the figures to be useful to someone else... and so do they...

KBRENNY

The only reason I did not bypass water on the ground was that the only water on board was what was in the float tank and system and in the West End there were no water connections to be found anywhere. Thought it would take 10 minutes tops but took more like 25 minutes.

Larry, if you read this give me a call today when you are not busy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom