Just finished my first year of carpet cleaning. Big thank you to everyone

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
The second time I ran a wand was at mikeyfest in Indianapolis late 2015 lol. That event helped my new wife see there was a carpet world out there and money was there. I think it went a long way in her support and optimism things would get better while we only had $2,000 in the bank.

I never had any training, I just combed over this forum for for hundreds of hrs.

For 2015 I made $12,000 and the previous 15 years I never broke 30k. This year with a $6,000 van and a $15,000 tm from Larry I made $75,000 without advertising. I didn't even have my website up until March. This year has kicked off much bigger. 40 5 star google reviews later I have a constant stream of work that I LOVE and I wouldn't be here without everyone's posts on here.

Totally changed my life, thank you even though my first posts I was told I'd probably fail lol.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Woooo- hoooooo! Good for you AJ!

Make sure you take care of uncle sam. Start planing ahead, you make a lot more next year he's going to hammer you!

Reactions: Shorty and A.J.

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
Woooo- hoooooo! Good for you AJ!

Make sure you take care of uncle sam. Start planing ahead, you make a lot more next year he's going to hammer you!

Yeah I'm lucky we live as if were still poor. No garage and a tiny 1 room economy apartment has been rough lol. Managed to save $53,000 of that 75k. I'm guessing ill owe 12ish thousand...

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Get yourself a very good certified practicing accountant to do your books for you and advise you on minimizing your I.R.S.

:yoda:

Reactions: steve_64

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
A.J. congrats! Yes, use an accountant and if you haven't yet, incorporate yourself as an LLC.

And keep on doing it right!

Reactions: Beeks

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Nice job. As you keep building up a steady customer base, it's easy to not put much into advertising. Can you explain how you produced this amount with no advertising and no website? Referrals? Door hangers? Are you in a small town where there is only 2 cleaners?

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
Nice job. As you keep building up a steady customer base, it's easy to not put much into advertising. Can you explain how you produced this amount with no advertising and no website? Referrals? Door hangers? Are you in a small town where there is only 2 cleaners?

In a town of 80,000 half are students I'm the 8th or 9th guy to get a website but I started ranking well fast. I get a lot of references and picked up good apartments contracts right off the bat. They really help keep money steady. My only issue is I've been way to cheap. I bet my average ticket is $120 at best. I worked well over 40hrs a week.

Reactions: WillS

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Congratulations! Come up and see us we can set you up with some accounting contacts. You should ride along with one of our guys for the day. Your wife is welcome to spend time with the office staff. They can get you going on hard surface and wood cleaning. You can also get into some high end homes and get a feel for that environment. Bloomington has that also. Martinsville 30 min north is also a great target as well as Brown County. Commercial is great for cash flow but there are better things than apartments. Let's see you move that number to $150 this year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom