Just getting started and it's going too well. Lots of questions.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Thanks.
This place rocks. My eyes have been bloodshot for a week from how much reading i've done on here.
I knew I'd get my thoughts shat on a little bit but I like criticism. How else are you going to improve?
If you like criticism there is no shortage of that here. You've come to the right place. Most of us talk before we think. :)
Except for Marty he is thoughtful and gentle with us all:)

Welcome!

Last edited:

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
You don't want anyone to paint you a pretty picture, especially when it really does work out that way. Salesman will tell you how much you can make an hour and how limitless your potential is BUT you have to have the work first.
The last people I trust are anyone selling me something.
If you'd rather have a group of no nothings to bounce your ideas off of, attaboys and go get em tigers, I can point the way..

That is exactly what I saw at the other place. Pass. 'Buy Buy Buy Amtex." Pass

I had a crazy time for my first day of work.
Spend most of it working on my van changing that starter in an autozone parking lot. While unexpectedly freezing my arse off an old dude noticed my machine in my van and got to chatting with me. Hes been cleaning carpet for the last 35 years and said he was on his way out and full of solid advice and said "I want to see you succeed" and gave me his number. He was extremely cool and was asking the tough questions for me to consider right off the batt. What are the odds?

Then I made $140 an hr for 4 hrs because you all said go big or go home lol.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
xander ever think about what would happen if ya got hurt unable to work?
150 for you and a helper is where ya need to be friend.Per hour.
think about it once ya go cheap you will never get the prices ya need to get.
those acts are going to require prob about 7 or 8 thousand dollars of insurance also
workmans comp and general liab policy.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
those acts are going to require prob about 7 or 8 thousand dollars of insurance also

Man I think about getting hurt almost every day in drywall. Can't count the times I'm walking on stilts jacked 48in high and I slip on mud and almost break a leg. Or when I'm on 3 sets of scaffolding leaning out to get the extra 6in so I don't have to move it again.
Every time I think "this isn't worth it" lol.

Workmans comp? Yeah I'll sign the waiver and never get it. General liability is $400 a year. I have that already. Health insurance? Thanks Obama...... I think.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Welcome to the board AJ, the interchange of good ideas goes BOTH ways. Please stick around because it will make your work easier and better.

Reactions: A.J.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom