Just got back...11:15 Sat night ugh

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Pretty cool really.
did a quicky flood job 50 miles out for a regular customer who spends alot of money with me.
One of his rentals, the fresh water hose to the washing machine leaked and went through the wall into the master closet.
I sprayed and sucked and sprayed milgo and left.
Zebra Restoration will be coming tomorrow...maybe. They do the heavy stuff. I stay away from the tearing out walls and all that.

Left and airpath....yea yea I know..bit of a hack job but I'm just the emergency guy.

Made some money.
Sat night pays high dollar plus mileage.

TimP

Especially getting there very quickly......you shouldn't of needed any anti microbial treatment. I hope if you had water in carpet you had a water claw. Anyways before you get into mitigation of water damage you should probably go take a WRT class even if you aren't going to do compete dry outs.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
TimP said:
Especially getting there very quickly......you shouldn't of needed any anti microbial treatment. I hope if you had water in carpet you had a water claw. Anyways before you get into mitigation of water damage you should probably go take a WRT class even if you aren't going to do compete dry outs.

I hear ya.
And by no means am I a pretender. My custy knows my limitations and understands the liability.
He was planning on leaving it but decided he would just have me out there to suck up as much as I could and report back to him.
I used to do some helper work in restoration and that is just not for me.
I will stick to carpet cleaning.
He will be calling the big boys to make sure of proper work.

with that said, can you give me a small detail of what I should have done?
Nothing seriouse, just a temp emergency kinda thing.

TimP

Best thing to do is make sure the source water has stopped first. Then find all the water available and suck it up. On carpeted surfaces you want to use a water claw, or similar weighted wand. Don't jump in on a cleaning wand and pull the water from the top.....the only way to get the sub surface water is to be able to grab it from the top down. Kind of like a siphon....it has to be able to grab it to pull it from the pad. There is no need to spray anti microbial with it being fresh water. It's only needed maybe in a class 2 with gray water, or urine present and then you should pull the padding in that case anyway.

It's really best to know what the standards of care are by taking WRT. If you got laminate, or vinyl and water underneith you have to pull it. Like I said there is so much to know and most big companies can get there in a few hours and know how to handle it all. I can understand if there is no way for someone to get there and you mitigate the loss I just think it's good to know the basics first. You could be billing for something that should not of been done and not get paid etc.....or you could miss something and get in trouble for not doing something right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom