Just in time for the Angie/ Home Advisor merge..

Mikey P

Administrator
Comes yet another home service provider app.

They contacted me about advertising here...
https://goo.gl/gqybZC

serviz-png.71952

The reviews for the individual service providers look good and some appear to be getting lots of work. Take a look around areas they provide serviz to and give me some feed back. Is this something you would consider if you were young and hungry?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
This is marketing to the wrong type of customers. "Carpet cleaning at unbeatable prices". This tells me they are targeted to the price shopper. I'm not competing to be the lowest priced guy in town. Let the hacks battle that one. I'm competing to have the highest quality. Hardly anyone is playing in those circles. Also, their territories are very limited right now.

Austin
Chicago
Dallas
Denver
Houston
Los Angeles
Orange County
Phoenix
San Diego
San Francisco
San Jose / South Bay
Seattle

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Lots of drama with HCP right now on the groups. Looks like people are starting to figure it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Is this something you would consider if you were young and hungry?

And didn't know any better.....

Probably. John did these type of things back in the day. (at the time it was the money mailers). It actually did work well for getting awareness and customers who then continued to use us and we grew the referrals. Got the foot in the door...and then we started raising prices and moving out of that demographic. No need for us to participate in price battling game now. We are well past it... and don't ever want to deal with that niche again!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
A lot of people will always be price shoppers especially if they think all of us provide the same level of service.

I've seen way too many time where companies charge good or higher rates and provide low or less than par services for this good money.

Reactions: Nomad74 and Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Probably a decent deal if you clean like Stanley or Hagopian.

Which these types of clients are more than happy with, assuming the carpet dries in under 24 hours, no wicking or stench

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Comes yet another home service provider app.

They contacted me about advertising here...
https://goo.gl/gqybZC

(Image)

The reviews for the individual service providers look good and some appear to be getting lots of work. Take a look around areas they provide serviz to and give me some feed back. Is this something you would consider if you were young and hungry?

Has anyone read the Terms & Conditions of Serviz? I have...

upload_2017-5-2_10-29-22.png

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
:headscratch: what is surprising about that? I'm sure most states allow for liens for nonpayment.
Thought I would look this one up as well...
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/types-property-liens.html

A creditor usually can place a lien on your real estate—and occasionally on personal property—after it sues you and wins a court judgment. This is often called a judgment lien.

Mechanic’s Liens
If a contractor works on your property or furnishes construction materials to be used on your property, and you don’t pay up, the contractor can record a lien on your property called a mechanic’s lien. In most states, the contractor must record the lien within one to six months of when the contractor wasn’t paid. The contractor then must sue you to enforce the lien within about one year (the range is one month to six years, depending on the state). If the contractor wins the lawsuit, the contractor may be able to force the sale of your home.

Nothing really happens until they win in a court of law. WOW, I wonder how often that happens?

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Is this something you would consider if you were young and hungry?[/quote

No, small time.

I'd give my money to google and buy the stock so I don't feel bad about over spending on ads.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
And I like when you choose to back out of these review type companies - they shine a negative light upon you !!

Back
Top Bottom