Kilz job

A local carpet retailer that recommends me all the time called yesterday with a request. They want me to bid an odor job. They are removing all carpet and pad and want a quote on cleaning and kilz approx 1000 sf. I honestly have never done this before and am pretty clueless as what to charge, or what to clean the subfloor with. I did however explain that if its a severe contamination the drywall, baseboards, etc may also be affected. Any help with pricing and/or procedure would be great! Thanks!

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Xactimate pricing for our area would be .35 s.f. for 1 coat white pigmented primer/sealer. .34 per s.f. for heavy clean of the subfloor and .15 per s.f. for application of liquid deodorizer. So about $850 for the job. Obviously these prices are just a guide, but I'd do it for $850 all day every day.

Depending on the sub-floor material, I'd probably shower feed a roto with an alkaline floor cleaner, extracting as you go so as not to saturate the subfloor too badly, then apply odorcide. Set up at minimum some airmovement to speed the drying process. After the floor is thoroughly dry, roll on the Bin or Kilz.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom