Knee problems

G

How many of you guys suffer from knee problems?

DO you where different types of shoes that are better for your feet and knees?

dgargan

Knee s

Danny had knee problems then he started wearing knee pads on his dates and he was much better.

B Steinbach

I have heard of better shoes helping more with feet and lower back problems, but not so much with knee problems.

Have you tried a "joint support" type supplement (with at least glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM)?

I know of many people, including myself, who these products have helped immensely - especially if your knee problems are related to hard court sports in your younger days.

As a general rule, liquid products will work a bit better, but are more expensive. Also, it is important to take at least the full dosage EVERY day for at least a month to see if you are getting relief. These types of products work very well for osteo-arthritic conditions for most people... but not all.

Hope this helps.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
ANshoe.jpg

Attachments

• ANshoe.jpg
    ANshoe.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 189

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I still haven't gotten over the Bears losing :cry: now the Jayhawks...it hasn't been my year....
but it sure makes me laugh when you wear your Pee Wee Herman shoes! :shock: :lol:

John Watson

I don't have that much of a problem with walking knee pain. Where it gets me is during Fringe cleaning, spotting, repairs, re-stretching, sealing of grout and anything I have to get down on my knees for. Knee pads just didn't cut it, they just cut off what circulation I do have in my legs. The Racatac has helped me to continue my job.

G

My knees and legs get beat up and bruised sailing...

What a shame.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Two suggestions - Try glucosamine supplements. I feel they have really helped my knees.

Quit installing carpet. :)

Scott Warrington

Scottie

New Balance cross trainers are the ticket. Knee pain starts to come back when I need a new pair. As soon as I get new ones the knee pain is gone.
This info came from my joint doc. :D

hogjowl

Idiot™
I am 50 years old and have had no ACL in my left knee for over 25 years. During that time, I have kept active in various sports and, of course, been cleaning carpets and associated work. I also have lost a good bit of cartilage in BOTH knees. I say all this to tell you that I have amazingly little knee pain in either leg. I am convinced that this is so simply because I have kept both legs in shape by working out and keeping them tight and strong.

If you are like most carpet cleaners I've met, you are overweight, weak, sedentary and ugly as shit.

You can't do anything about ugly, but you can get off your ass and get in shape.

The Preacher

***WARNING***

If David Gargan invites you to dinner eat the appetizers and drink his licker, but DON'T eat the entree. I'm still convinced he tried to feed us possum penis stew!!!

PS he can shake a good margarita and his weed wasn't that Tennessee Skunk like JiMMee told me!!!

JeffC

Name
Jeff
Scott is right on about the those supplements for knee/joint problems. A few years back I reluctantly tried them and couldn't believe the difference. The only problem if if you're prone to nose bleeds you'll have problems taking that supplement. I'm not sure why but I've heard others say the same thing. Unfortunately I had to stop taking them for that reason. They worked great though.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks Marty,

"If you are like most carpet cleaners I've met, you are overweight, weak, sedentary and ugly as shit.

You can't do anything about ugly, but you can get off your ass and get in shape."

I needed a wake-up call, you just gave it to me & I'm gonna do something about it.

Starting first thing next week.

Cheers,

Shorty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom