Kohler oil leak

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have a 22hp Kohler command and it is leaking oil from the 2 lower head bolts where they stick out of head at the bottom. Motor starts and runs good. Is this just a kohler thing?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
my old kohler leaked from somewhere . every now and then I just cleaned it up with Oil Gator.
eventually the front oil seal went and got a crack in the block, so the engine was replaced after 1800hrs. No oil leaks now ;)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I have a Judson CanAm, runs all propane with a 4Ht. No issues with heat from the LG.
That engine ran quirky from day one. Might have been something in the install once it got shipped up here. The beauty of a Judson is that its just the boiler, an engine, blower and pump and all the connections. Not much to go wrong and fairly easy to fix and keep on going. ALL TM's should be this simple.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I thought that the motor would last longer without a heat exchanger. Shouldn't you get a longer life running propane too?

I guess I could use some Lucus stop leak and slow it down

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I'm wondering if I should just pull the head and replace the gasket and put some silcone on the bolts.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I know you said it's leaking from around the head bolt, but pull the valve cover and check for a crack in the cover. I had one on my
Agies. They are just some sort of plastic.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
It's clean from the valve cover down to the head gasket. What were the head bolts come through the head it leaks.

Back
Top Bottom