Larry Capitoni (meAt) best inexpensive vac

Shane

I need to get a cheap vacuum and can't remember the name and brand of the one you like.

Could ya help out a poor BDCC. :lol:

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Larry The Snitch. Also has a delete button here. Complete sell out. He use to be one of us.

Golden Boy

Mikey P

Administrator
He is busy looking up Waldo's credit card so I'll tell you.

Bissell ClearVeiw.

The black model.

The pricier Green model is over filtered and a PITA to keep clean.

DSC_9948.jpg

Tom Mock

Is that new Bissel Healthy home worth a darn? Looks like its using some of the Dyson technology.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I've had/have several Bissel models.
We routinely ABUSE them in the rehabs

The best one is the cheapest.
It's called a Bissel Powerforce bagless.
$49 bucks at Wal-Mart here

The Revolution is the worst (that's the one Mikes taking about being over filtered)

There's a couple models of Bissel Cleanviews
CV and CV II

all 4 models look similar at a glance, but the cheapest one (Powerforce bagless) is the best for flat of suck power and less filter hassle as well as ease of cleaning the filter.

You MUST empty the dust cup often or hair and/or staple fiber will mess up the cyclonic action.
It's not uncommon for me to empty the dust cup 3 or 4 times in a home with dogs or cats

They also make a bag model Powerforce if you prefer bags to dust cups.
It's ten bucks cheaper and sells for $39 at wally world here.

hey WAL-DOH... oh never mind

..L.T.A.

Name
Eric Valentine
I have one of the Bissell powerforce bagged vacuums. I have abused it, and it just keeps working. I buy bags to fit Hoover vacuums (type Y or Z) because they are too tall, and unfold the top to dump them. Then I duct tape the top and use it one more time before tossing it (when there is a lot of larger debris). I relegated it for the very nasty carpets since the filtration isn't good even with new bags anymore, and the brush-roll is worn down to near nothing, and use a Sanitaire for everything else.

Greenie

Those filters are easy, I pul the tray and wash it in the sink, then pull the cup unscrew 1/4 turn and wash that one too. takes 2 mins.

Bags suck.

And the cheap POS actually sucks!

Back
Top Bottom