Legends of the Biz

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
If I were to create a list, Keith Studebaker is in the top 3 of that list without a doubt. He reminds me of Ken Snow in a lot of ways and although he is a man of the utmost class he leaves his ego at the door and always has a kind word and a smile. I think he deserves a lot more recognition for all of the contributions he has given to the industry - invented or otherwise.

Adam Hale is another favorite in my book as well. I've had the pleasure to meet him twice and I hope I have the opportunity to hear him speak again. After I left Clearwater Adam has me all fired up and I'm making a lot of positive moves in my professional and personal life. If he ever decides to kick carpet cleaning to the side and do something else, he would make one heck of a motivational speaker for youth or adults.

F

FB7777

Strictnine name drops 10 times the amount of people most of us have met and we actually work in this business !

Name
Danny Strickland
Strictnine name drops 10 times the amount of people most of us have met and we actually work in this business !

I had more IICRC patches than Lonnie McDonald back in the day. They didn't just give those damn things away ya know!! Been to some places and met some peeps along the way.

If Jon Don/Interlink or some other distributor ever offered me enough salary to take a rolling HWE/Cimex/GLS/OP on site education set up on the road i'd be back in this biz in a second! I'd love to teach a 2 day classroom 2 day/night on site, hands on experience, using all the methods in homes and businesses.

My daughters being older now helps open up some posibilities for something like this to become a reality!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea I remember seeing your name everywhere. Hobnobbing with the rich and famous. Or was it just on bathroom walls....I know I saw it somewhere. :winky:

Patches, didn't you serve on industry panels or something like that.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Well Danny the way the IICRC is going we may not be using IICRC instructors in the future. Oh wait you said something about salary. You may notice there are very few instructors that live on their instructing wages alone.

I had more IICRC patches than Lonnie McDonald back in the day. They didn't just give those damn things away ya know!! Been to some places and met some peeps along the way.

If Jon Don/Interlink or some other distributor ever offered me enough salary to take a rolling HWE/Cimex/GLS/OP on site education set up on the road i'd be back in this biz in a second! I'd love to teach a 2 day classroom 2 day/night on site, hands on experience, using all the methods in homes and businesses.

My daughters being older now helps open up some posibilities for something like this to become a reality!!!

F

FB7777

Danny with all yore patches, you sound like half the members of the NEIRC ... Enough patches to make a quilt , but not enough business acumen to be able to afford the thread to out it together

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Danny Strickland
Well Danny the way the IICRC is going we may not be using IICRC instructors in the future. Oh wait you said something about salary. You may notice there are very few instructors that live on their instructing wages alone.

Thats why part 2 of the mission was posted. HANDS ON.

with the instruction manuals already in print, by passing the IICRC with a new certification body shouldn't be a problem. If a new body is needed theres enough wisdom in the room to make it happen!!!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Some names not yet mentioned:

Jim Roden, founder of Prochem.
Mike Roden, innovative genius in truck mount technology at both Prochem and Sapphire
Bob Hughes, co-founder of Chemspec: The sales and marketing guy
Dan Savanuck, co-founder of Chemspec: The chemical genius
Carl Williams, Industry trainer, personality, and stand up comedian
Mike Palmer, founder of Hydramaster
Arnie Ballweber, early truck mount inventor. Steve Lawrence, didn't you have one of these?
Ron Toney, Industry trainer, one of the most truly original thinkers and likely "the smartest man in the room" at any meeting of trainers.
Cliff Zlotnik, creator of Unsmoke chemicals, odor control genius and innovator in fire restoration, water restoration, and mold abatement

I could continue to go on, but each deserve mention. I hope some of you have some experience with these gentlemen and can share your experiences.

Name
Danny Strickland
Danny with all yore patches, you sound like half the members of the NEIRC ... Enough patches to make a quilt , but not enough business acumen to be able to afford the thread to out it together

It sucks I have so little biz acumen. Not sure why? my guess is i'm a dreamer, not a mr. steady, buy/hold kinda guy. I'd do well as a day trader/penny stock guy?

Some broke dicks would get mad at Pfred for pointing out the obvious, not me cause I know it's true.

Name
Danny Strickland
My 1st odor control class was taught by Cliff at Ron Saunders place in Clearwater. I believe Zee Hysill (sp) worked for Ron?

I knew there must have been a side to Jeff he didn't show? I think his partner/manager Tony kinda messed him up in a way???

Gary Heacock had a Ballwebber TM. Gary was another Gem in this industry, different, but so cool to talk to about cleaning. He was the west coast version of Doo Wayne OX Lee IMO!

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Ralph Bloss

Met him in 1971 after he first came on board with International Equipment (later changed to Steam Way International) and still think about him. Lots of good memories over the years. He is one of those people that stands out not just among his peers, but in the world of all those who have met him.

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
Steve Kauffman- Proline Supply - California 1980 to 2014

Steve brought machines, chemicals, education and professionalism to carpet cleaners in the greater San Francisco BaY Area when there was none. His involvement with the CCI now The CFI as well as other areas of our industry made him the straw that stirred the drink.

For some time he was the #1
Hydramaster and Pro Chem dealer in the country. If you want a history lesson about our industry, good and bad, just ask Steve. He was in the middle of it and very much involved.

He was responsible for the success of numerous cleaners and restorers, myself included.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
He was also the first person to bring Michael Gerber to our industry when Michael was unknown.

Steve Kauffman- Proline Supply - California 1980 to 2014

Steve brought machines, chemicals, education and professionalism to carpet cleaners in the greater San Francisco BaY Area when there was none. His involvement with the CCI now The CFI as well as other areas of our industry made him the straw that stirred the drink.

For some time he was the #1
Hydramaster and Pro Chem dealer in the country. If you want a history lesson about our industry, good and bad, just ask Steve. He was in the middle of it and very much involved.

He was responsible for the success of numerous cleaners and restorers, myself included.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom