"Let me talk to my husband"

Mikey P

Administrator
Means which of the following..

• He would kill me if I paid someone more per hour than he makes
  • Everyone else in town will spend all day here for $100, wtf makes you so special?
  • 6 more estimates to collect, best of luck fella..
  • I don't own this house I just want the pork chop gone for $29.99
  • You sound like the type that wont leave my house smelling like toilet bowl cleaner, no thanks
  • I can't believe you don't offer coupons.
  • Rug Doctor, again.

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
Ah yes

Overcoming objections.

"When you are discussing it with your husband is there anything we have discussed you are unsure of?"

But I digress.

Can anyone imagine the husband working 9 hours of hard labour, has driven 90 minutes each way to work and back, comes home exhausted and his wife says

"Hi honey, i have 7 carpet cleaning quotes and it will only take half an hour or so to talk it over and decide who to go with"

Of course it is bullshit and it is actually an objection.

I taught my 100 odd franchisees how to overcome objections such as these.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
There are endless ways to counter that.

The art is to do it without seeming like a smart ass.

Finding out if its actually the one's Mike listed also saves you from the sales gymnastics of how to artfully call into question the dynamics of their marital relationship.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Yup. I add in a little more about how valuable our time is and how i will give them more value for their money than the other guys. I do pretty well.

Having met Damon, I can believe he can pull it off.

So much of this isn't what you say, but how you say it...and who you are.

If you are direct, respectful, pleasant, honest, and know the fine line between charm and creepiness, you can pull it off.

If you don't, they will freeze you out.

Some of this stuff can't be taught.

Name
Jeff T
It means ‘you’re 5 times the price of my last quote, and I’m wondering if it’s worth it..... I mean, cleaning is cleaning? Right?’.....

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Having met Damon, I can believe he can pull it off.

So much of this isn't what you say, but how you say it...and who you are.

If you are direct, respectful, pleasant, honest, and know the fine line between charm and creepiness, you can pull it off.

If you don't, they will freeze you out.

Some of this stuff can't be taught.
Ill give it try :eekk:

:cool:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ill give it try :eekk:

:cool:
Remember, you’re being nice by letting them save time and stop looking for another guy. I have the confidence to do this because I know I offer a superior product. It took me awhile to get there.

The Grant Cardone closings really helped me. I focus on value and not money. If people complain about the price, i agree with them and stay calm. I remain focused on closing regardless of my emotions. I let them see the value I offer over the other guys. I now close more than I don’t. You can’t have a lack of belief on your product on a very deep level. That foundation can carry you through to make people do somethig they really don’t want to do. They get infected with your passion.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnHawkP and DAT

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Remember, you’re being nice by letting them save time and stop lookong for another guy. I have the confidence to do this because I know I offer a superior product. It took me awhile to get there.

The Grant Cardone closings really helped me. I focus on value and not money. If people complain about the price, i agree with them and stay calm. I remain focused on closing regardless of my emotions. I let them see tje value I offer over the other guys. I now close more than I don’t. You can’t have a lack of belief on your product on a very deep level. That foundation can carry you through to make people do somethi they really don’t want to do. They get infected with your passion.

yeah I just bought the book, I am intrigued. Reading it now.

Reactions: Nomad74

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I just want you to know....I just booked a Chinese Restaurant….that I didn't want....marked it up so high....but they called and want it done...

I reminded them on the phone.....now you do remember the price quoted and are ok with that?

Yep.....you come Crean Carpet Now....

Well it will have to be Monday night....

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I just want to be clear. I’m not armchair quarterbacking Mike’s ability to sell. His situation just made me remember that specific close.

There are times when you wont close no matter what.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
There are times when I just smile and say “Mrs Piff, that sounds like a great idea. If he has any questions, please call, or have me pop back over. Would you like me to check with you tomorrow, or would you like to call
when you are ready?”

Then I hit the road. They call, up to two years later, in three cases.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Great information!
We’ve never discussed this before
Can’t waut for Ofer and Stockwell’s responses

I don't respond verbally. So far emails served me well:

Dear Ms....
Regarding talking about the cleaning with your husband. Is this the decision making guy we're talking about?-

1538089764368.jpeg

Not so sure what Stockwell does. Are we talking senior or junior?

Last edited:
Reactions: DAT

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I don't bother overcoming objections anymore. If I haven't convinced them by that time, they're probably not my kind of customer. I used to do it. I was the top telemarketer for a carpet cleaning company for 2 years. You could not say no to me. Gets a little tiring after a while.
I’d give up also if i had to convince every customer my porty was tits.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom