lime stone cleaning help

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I have a job to clean limestone with peices of Granite in the lime stone. They need to be cleaned and sealed. What good products do you recommend? Also what do I use to make it shine again?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I by means am not an expert in this but I would check if there is a topical coating, if not just hit it with a n alkaline and turbo it off. Then get some monkey pads and follow directions.

fresh1

dealtimeman said:
I by means am not an expert in this but I would check if there is a topical coating, if not just hit it with a n alkaline and turbo it off. Then get some monkey pads and follow directions.
by all means proceed with the above recommendations. After all what could go wrong?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Bee Busy said:
u should pass and call a local stone expert...call Stu Rosen at MB Stone in NY

Why should he pass on a job?

I don't like leaving money on the table. He would have to do something stupid to hurt the floor. If he is concerned just document all flaws and concerns before cleaning, having the authorized person sign off and proceed with caution. It will be a learning experience but he must be able to educate the customer about expectations and results with only cleaning.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Jtuseo said:
Is it the same as cleaning marble? I do Marble all the time.

Cleaning limestone or Travertine is very similar to cleaning marble. Limestone and travertine are often finished at a lower gloss level than marble (honed rather than polished). Travertine has the voids which may be filled with resin, grout or other materials. The cleaner needs to be careful with possibility of dislodging the filler material and cleaning down into the voids if they are not filled.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Vacuum really well, keep dwell time to a minimum and use a brush ring on turbo.
We use stonetech products klenzall and heavy duty sealer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom