Lining new van with marine carpet

Gordy

I am fitting out a ford transit in preparation for installing a truckmount.

Do you think lining the interior of the van with marine carpet will reduce the noise from the truckmount?

And if so what is the best way to glue the carpet to the metal interior. There are too many curves and irregular surfaces to fit ply prior to installing carpet.

Many Thanks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Do you think lining the interior of the van with marine carpet will reduce the noise from the truckmount?

pure speculation now ...
but prob'ly/maybe
but no clue how much

assuming you're talking walls and roof??
(Rhinoline and rubber mat on floor )

I'm thinking a spray-on type sound deadening product would sure make life easier applying compared to gluing carpet
or even sound deadening mats
Think the mats would easier to apply due to being less stiff than carpet backing

..L.T.A.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I installed marine carpet in all my vans. Just install underlayment in the areas you want to carpet (screw to floor) then glue carpet. easypeezy
y.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
1/4 in plywood will flex to follow the curves of the van. If you attach a 1x4 to the deepest point of the curve it will provide more holding power for the screws and then apply the carpet with indoor / outdoor adhesive. For just installing carpet use 3m high heat spray adhesive spray van and carpet. DO NOT USE THE CHEAPER SPRAY ADHESIVE the interior of the van gets too hot and the glue will release (it is like a contact adhesive). Learned from experience I have to redo mine.
If you are trying to carpet around the ribs in the van you really need to know what you are doing with the carpet or you will have a lot of wrinkles.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom