Lisa AND Jeff

Name
Ron lippold
Would you guys send someone some 24 flow jets to let them try.

It's the only way to go

Send them to someone who will use them

Please report

Greenie

We're still catching up to the 015 and 018 flow request....

Trying to get some distributors to stock these, most think we are crazy......what is new eh'

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
People thought I was nuts when we went to 12....everyone around here is running 4 and 6 depending on if they have a "big" machine or not.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i am at the 12 right now...and its good... itd be fun to tinker with higher...but dont have the cash for it right now

Name
Jesse
I assume the wand and plumbing you use would be the determining factor. I had my ti set at 12 and then switched to 18. I do think there is a noticeable difference in the rinsing ability but I don't think there is any more water because the restriction in the wand plumbing. I'm assuming the difference comes from less atomization of the water through a thicker spray stream. I would love to have a jet eliminator that converted my water flow to a water fall not a spray. What if we pet the jets in a manifold that would convert it to a sheet. Without the impact penetration I would feel comfortable cleaning at whatever my machines max psi was because it would increase the flow and not the penetration into the backing. That said I would use the biggest jets that can still spread the water evenly. Greenie, whatcha think?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
angle it closer to the bottom of the glide (i would guess you have one?) then you get "shearing" action on the cleaning, with out hitting the back of the carpet..

just asked a lady we have cleaned for a while....

dry times were "noticeably" better

12 flow and 700 psi 36 blower

Greenie

they ain't gonna do it Loren! lol

Jesse, If you go large enough with your jets, and turn your pressure up slowly at the same time, eventually you are gonna have more of a flow and less of a spray, I see this with portables when we use high flow wands with them.

Steve Smith

1/4" hose is only going to flow so much water.

Huge difference with 3/8" hose compared to 1/4" hose.

Similar to 2" vac hose compared to 1.5, or 2.5" vac hose compared to 2".

With our truckmounts, fuel oil burners, we use 3/8" solution hose to the wand, and 2.5" vacuum hose with a 25' 2" whip vacuum hose. You can't beat the combination.

Yes, there is a little more weight to lug around, but you get use to it. Plus the cleaning goes so much faster.

Bob Foster

Steve when you have 2.5 inside a house do you find it harder to maneuver around hallways and stair bends with out the 2.5 rubbing walls etc?

No doubt you use corner guards but you know what I mean when a hose wants to flip over or your trying to pull that extra three feet more.....

Steve Smith

Bob,

The 2.5" vac hose is surprisingly very flexible, as flexible as 2" hose.

Just like with 2" hose you need to be careful going around corners, but the 2.5" vac hose is not "worse".

Johnnyone

I am now at 2 on all my wands so far the results are GREAT...

Not sure if my HX can handle all the flow and keep my temp up

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
John;

The more water you flow thru the HX, the more BTUs will be transfered to the carpet.

That may be one reason for the enhanced cleaning from larger jets.

The concern I have is wicking of stains from increased levels of water.

Larry Cobb

Greenie

Jesse, I dunno exactly where that wall is. I do know that wand solution size and valve play a limiting factor, they are just as important as jet orifice size. That is why you won't see many jumping to 3/8" solution line for carpet cleaning, lots of other restrictions to overcome first.

A standard Greenhorn wand puts out more water than a steamway wand with factory jetting on 1/4" line, so it would make sense to fix the wand plumbing and jets before upgrading to 3/8" line.

3/8" line can "potentially" deliver twice the water volume of 1/4" line, and that can preserve the core temp of the solution, but ain't much going to be noticed if your wand plumbing and jetting is undersized, plus most 3/8" lines are steel braided, they radiate a lot more heat, read this as "lose heat" on a 200' hose run.

And yes there are thermoplastic hoses avail. in 3/8".

I agree with Larry on moving the water and the BTU transfer, but i disagree with: " The concern I have is wicking of stains from increased levels of water. "

Why would they wick Larry?

I assume you are inferring they are "wetter" by some degree?
I say they stand a greater chance of being "net drier".

Even if we could theoretically extract 99% of what we put down, we would still leave 1%.

Based upon that 1% theory, one super flushing pass will only have the water in the carpet/stain for a fraction of a second before it's extracted, leaving the carpet incredibly dry.
The same is not true with repeat rinsing passes of a lower flow rate that leave 1% each time, 1% that we will never extract, each subsequent pass leaves a cumulative residual moisture.

Even if it only takes two light rinsing passes to equal the cleaning of one super pass, the carpet would still be considered "twice" as wet and require twice as long to dry.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Greenie;

Your living in a idealistic world....

Nobody is extracting 99% with a modified wand and a conventional TM.

If you increase the jet size by 50%, then the carpet is left with more moisture.

Larry Cobb

Johnnyone

Larry

The wicking from the use of more water hasn't seem to be a issue as of

yet. The flushing has seem to get it all out rather quickly, leaving very

little to wick back.

Rex Tyus

If you increase the jet size by 50%, then the carpet is left with more moisture.

There are too many variables in a cleaning equation to make that statement as absolute.

But generally speaking I would have to reply, Not Necessarily.

In fact more like just, not.

Greenie

You can lead them to water but you can't make them drink....Distributors included.

Larry, did you miss that whole hypothetical presentation, it was just for instructional purposes only.

Rex Tyus

You can lead them to water but you can't make them drink....Distributors included.

I can't get Larry to understand using a 2.5" intake on a 56 blower is the mathematical equivalent of using a metal plate and covering up 61% of the port. :shock: ( he says it is "insignificant" :roll: ).

No way am I going to try and explain flow and recovery! :p

Name
Ron lippold
Ok I have tried to stay out of this but

Just go and buy bigger jets 2 or 3 times bigger than you are running now one wet stroke and one dry stroke and tell me it does not clean better.

I will call you a liar

And yes it will dry faster

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Rex;

As I said before , the real restrictions on vac system airflow are the silencer, heat exchanger, vac filter, and vac hose.

Why are'nt you using a 2.5" tube on your wand ???

The five-foot 2" tube is restricting 75% of the wand airflow capability since it is 2.5 times as long as the 2 feet from our blower to our vac tank.

Ron;

It will definitely clean better....

But it WILL take longer to dry than 1 pass + 1 dry pass with smaller jets.

Larry Cobb

Rex Tyus

The five-foot 2" tube is restricting 75% of the wand airflow capability since it is 2.5 times as long as the 2 feet from our blower to our vac tank.

Larry if you really believe that is any where near the same there truly is no hope for you.
As I said before , the real restrictions on vac system airflow are the silencer, heat exchanger, vac filter, and vac hose.

It is because of those restrictions you should eliminate all other possibilities. :shock: But hey! They are your machines. Keep choking them down, lowering the blower speed and jacking up the vac gauge reading to impress entry level cleaners makes no difference to me. I was just trying to help ya.

Like Greenie said

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom