!..Little Giant heater unit is leaking propane..!

Name
I'm Rick James
My friend bought a used machine that came with a 3ht propane heater that get WAAAAAAY hotter than mine. I think his was modified to burn hotter.

He turned the heater on as usual but the main propane feeder line has a hole in it, he said. I am going to try and get over there today to look at it, but is there anyway to test the heater for leaks?

He is still in his first year and this would be a huge setback for him. I have never heard of this happening, has it happened to anyone else?

Will post pics when I get over there.

Name
I'm Rick James
From what I understand its the main propane line that runs on the outside of the heater. The heater is old and besides leaking propane works good. The pilot light flame is a little big too, but I think its because its modified from its original specs.

Name
I'm Rick James
I just cleaned out his burners for him, only half of them worked. So Im not suprised this heater has a leak, it doesnt look like the previous owner took care of it. Its a HM Hydracat that was bought for $300 and besides a few things that needed to be fixed it runs solid.

Name
I'm Rick James
It turned out to be the pilot light tube down by the burner. The fitting is leaking where it connects to the actual pilot light.

I would rather him replace it vs fixing it.. is there a place to get parts?

Bob Foster

So do you figure it will be Larry experimenting with blasting fuses or Brent wrenching a regulator/thermostat that goes to the burn ward first? :shock: :lol:

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Brent said:
is there a place to get parts?
You can order the pilot line from Little Giant, or go to a plumbing supply house and get some 1/4" ID soft copper coil and 2 -1/4" gas fittings for the ends, and replace it.

Name
Nate W.
Ford Fairlane said:
Brent is it just a rigid copper line? The soap should work fine if that's the case.

Lol, a lighter works best... You'll know for sure... shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom