LIVE from the courthouse....

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Mytee vs. HRI is in jury deliberations. Either myself or John will let you know when we have a verdict.

Hope my crappy laptop battery holds up!

Wish them well and go buy a carbon fiber Bentley or a portable....or hell even a sprayer jug!

Take care,
Lisa

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I need you to call me it seems your employees aren't giving you my messages because you never just blow me off for weeks at a time.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I don't have you on my cell. pm or post the number john. There are a lot of calls to return. I leave at 6 and get back around 6 each day for the last two weeks. I try not to call people after hours. Not sure if your message is in the backlog or not, but maybe I can take care of it from here.

You can call my cell 951-218-1600 and if I can, I'll answer as well. Sorry, it's been a crazy time with the trial going on.

Take care,
Lisa

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Lisa, we have never met, but I watched with interest the interview you taped a couple weeks ago. You seem to have a genuine passion for the industry. Thanks for keeping us posted, and here's hoping for a favorable verdict.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
well, unfortunately due to all the prior art not being able to be introduced to the jury, the verdict was not in Mytee's favor.

:cry:

HOWEVER the patents have been submitted to the US Patent and trademark Office for re-examination and all the prior art was included there, so I am very optimistic that the patents will be declared invalid at that stage.

Take care,
Lisa

Brett

Thanks for your efforts and updates. Hope it goes well at the patent office.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
HOWEVER the patents have been submitted to the US Patent and trademark Office for re-examination and all the prior art was included there, so I am very optimistic that the patents will be declared invalid at that stage.

was prior art not included before, why not at the trial

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Steve,

You must disclose any witnesses, testimony, documents or physical evidence you will or might use at trial beforehand, if you don't disclose something by the cut-off period you will not be allowed to present it or mention it during the trial. Also, once each side discloses what they plan to use the other side can argue to have that evidence excluded or limited as to the scope of how it can be used. The judge then rules what can and can't be presented to the jury and the scope of it's use. All this happens in the months and weeks before the actual trial starts.

It did not come to our attention that all the prior art was not being used until I saw the list of patents which might be used at trial and contacted John. By then it was past the deadline to disclose and they could not be used. Also HRI successfully argued to have the scope of witness testimony severely limited and to exclude some key pieces of evidence from being admitted.

Mytee's case was effectively (and unfortunately) hobbled.

Add to that that this is a nightmare case to sit if you are a juror. A full week of boring testimony about tapers, appertures, barriers and how you define the "bottom" of a device...testimony that is difficult to follow even if you know what they are talking about beforehand. Unfortunately that is part of the risk of having a jury.

Take care,
Lisa

how many years is the patent good for? I hope things go well when they re-examine the art work that things get over turned....does that mean that glides cannot be sold until they re-examine things? sorry I'm a little behind on this stuff...
good luck....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom