LJ Jones

steam genie

Danny
steam Genie
is one of the oldest truck mount manufactures, and I like their units second to a Judson, and the reason that I say this is because they use LP heating systems, I think the most reliable design for a truck mount will always be a unit with an LP system, the Little giant heaters are a proven design, we have Little Giants that are still running after 25 years, they require very low maintenance, but the biggest advantage of using LP is that you're able to design the unit, very simple. This in turn gives you maximum reliability, for instance the pump operates with Cold water, the pressure regulator operates with cold water. A simpler design is easier to repair yourself, a # 4 Little giant will allow you to operate high flow jetting on your wand. When designing a truck mount your always giving and taking, to build a heat exchanger that will keep up with a little giant heater. You will have to build a machine with a large engine, in turn, you must put a large blower on the unit to load this engine to produce heat, with a bigger engine You have a higher operating costs, and a higher replacement cost, with the higher costs it starts not to be Free Heat, then the unit must have complicated controls, and now the reliability drops, and with a more complicated unit it is harder for you to repair it yourself, this is the give-and-take that I'm talking about. On our heat exchange unit that is call the reactor. I can promise you for a fact this is the most reliable heat exchange unit ever produced, but it's still not as reliable as a LP unit, but it's very close now. Now back to the original question, I kind of got off the subject sorry.
I just looked at steam genie's website, and I do not see any price, so I will give you my opinion on designed only. The Sizzler 45 would compare to TNT Judson. The Sizzler recovery tank is 70 gallons, the Judson TNT is 120 gallons, the Sizzler 45 pump is a hypro, the Judson TNT has a cat pump, other than that the Sizzler 45 looks to be a little harder to repair to access to parts. The Sizzler 45 has a 20 hp engine, and I don't know what the gallons per hour are. On the TNT it has an 18 hp engine that consumes .9 of 1 gallon of gas per hour. the roots 45 Blower requires 11 hp.
I hope this answered your question, and I did not seem like a salesman too bad. I really do like their units

thanks

les

Les

We will continue to tell the truth as we see it.

We have one advantage,After 37 years if we never sell another Truck Mount we will be OK.

Good luck, Judson

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom